Marvel Cinematic Universe - General Thread

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Saw a couple episodes of What If? (I'd kinda given up on it)

Stranger Strange was pretty good.
I must admit the Doctor Strange movie is fairly forgettable (Bargaining with Dormamu is basically the only thing that sticks for me), so I'm glad this story managed to work perfectly fine on it's own. Love the weird pulpy dark horror stuff, and the little detail of Strange having been at it for centuries. By far the best of the bunch I've seen, and the only one I'd ever feel like revisiting.

Ultron Wins was pretty awful.
Vision apparently being able to kill Thanos at any times is just godawful, but worse than that instead of being a self-contained one-off it somehow turned into this EPIC MULTIVERSAL THREAT CROSSOVER CLIFFHANGER. Bleh.

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with how easy Thanos went out. Especially since he is using 5 of the 6 Infinity stones.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Maybe make a separate reaction thread to Carnage?

Saw the finale of What If. Tons of fun, courtesy of party boy, haha. Loved the guest voice, cuz I hope that means he'll return in the MCU again.

I do have a problem with the resolution tho.
why bother getting Killmonger if the Infinity Gems will be locked away anyway? Without Killmonger, Zola will destroy Ultron then Strange could just seal away the Gems. Was Killmonger just needed to pull the Gems out of the armor? I doubt it.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen

why? its not like its taken discussion away from everything else. and i doubt it will. its been out near a week and theres only a few of us talking about it. plus the events of the movie put it squarely in this thread now, unless things change in a third one

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I’ve been hesitant to even come in here the last week or so just because of that. Hasn’t always stopped me but maybe the fact that it has only been a week and that not everyone wants to risk spoiling themselves with it when trying to talk about What If? It’s one reason catch all Megathreads aren’t always the best. Besides the getting gigantic page numbers that become a pain to go back through finding just the right posts or such.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Saw the finale of What If. Tons of fun, courtesy of party boy, haha. Loved the guest voice, cuz I hope that means he'll return in the MCU again.

I do have a problem with the resolution tho.
why bother getting Killmonger if the Infinity Gems will be locked away anyway? Without Killmonger, Zola will destroy Ultron then Strange could just seal away the Gems. Was Killmonger just needed to pull the Gems out of the armor? I doubt it.
They thought they'd won. Strange didn't even realize the need to seal the gems until the two were fighting over it. The Watcher is basically a railroading DM in this case and if the group hadn't worked out exactly as chosen you'd have Zola doing the same thing as Ultron(kind of) but for HYDRA instead. Thor to draw Ultron, T'challa to get the bait gem, Gamora to (fail to) destroy them, Carter and Widow to infect him with Zola, Killmonger to keep Zola from immediately getting control of the gems, and Strange to seal and guard them.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
The Watcher is a railroading DM, haha!

Really though, he could have just told him.

Btw, what's the dark Stranger's name? Would be funny if he became the cosmic being The Stranger.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Agreed. However, What If is over now, so it shouldn't be that bad going forward.

However, going forward, lets start up a new thread for each new MCU series or film.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That being said, I really loved the season finale of What If. Great way to bring the characters together. I am looking forward to seeing that missing episode next season.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Was there a lost episode or something? The Thanos-armored Gamora was never seen before this last episode.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Was there a lost episode or something? The Thanos-armored Gamora was never seen before this last episode.

What If they closed the portal in Avengers too soon and tony was lost in space. He ends up on Sakar(the trash planet in Thor 3) and befriends Gamora when she is sent there to kill him.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Today at Disney Plus Day we have had

logo repeat for
Moon Knight

logo tease for
What If... season 2

logo update for
Ms. Marvel
Secret Invasion

logo reveal for
She-Hulk
Ironheart

title and logo reveal for
Echo
Spider-Man: Freshman Year
I Am Groot
Agatha: House of Harkness
Marvel Zombies

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Today at Disney Plus Day we have had

logo repeat for
Moon Knight

logo tease for
What If... season 2

logo update for
Ms. Marvel
Secret Invasion

logo reveal for
She-Hulk
Ironheart

title and logo reveal for
Echo
Spider-Man: Freshman Year
I Am Groot
Agatha: House of Harkness
Marvel Zombies
Do we know what is and isn't animated from this list?

Top Bottom