Marvel Cinematic Universe - General Thread

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That was a pretty good episode. I am wondering how Loki is still called Loki though....

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the new What If.

Well, I feel vindicated. Oh wait, that's from Rick and Morty season 3. So I guess I feel avenged? Hehe

It's good but the Fascinating part, while not half bad, would probably split the fandom.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I finally saw Shang-Chi. Knowing nothing of the character and only knowing the Mandarin from the 90s Iron Man cartoon, I was expecting to be more confused about things in this movie, but was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't. It reminded me a lot of Black Panther in how it focused on a secret civilization hidden from the rest of the world. But unlike that movie, which was rooted deep in its themes of whether Wakanda should or shouldn't help the rest of the world and how T'Challa needed to make right his father's past mistakes, this was just a very fun martial arts movie with a bit of otherworldly magic and legendary creatures thrown in for good measure.

And I really liked Katy as a character. She was cool and fun.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I'm still so happy Marvel is so comfortable to let it's nerd flag fly so hard! I'm glad to see my paying attention IS paying off. But again, so much of this series would benefit SO MUCH from just a couple more minutes to let things like the "Fascinating" moment or a major character sacrifice play a touch longer giving each greater impact than rushing through as they try and get as much done in 24 minutes as they can.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
What If the Predaking checked this Thread and there was no new episodes?

Sadly a realization come after next week. Really do hope we get more of this sooner than later. Or maybe give me an Exiles like show spun out of it.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I imagine that it will be a lot like the first Venom movie, but with Carnage this time. I am going to wait until the Movie gets released digitally to pick it up. I am not going to the theater any time soon.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I did see the season finale of What If. And I liked how they tied it all together. I did feel that Thanos went down way too easy.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Saw Carnage tonight. If you liked the first Venom you'll probably like this one. I don't think it was quite as good, but was enjoyable. Interesting end credits and what that implies.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
The Venom movies and their makers definitely think they are. Because that means, money, attention and "validity" to them.

I would guess the Marvel folks couldn't care less one way or the other. Except maybe if they decide they want to use Venom they'd lean towards using Hardy.

-ZacWilliam, Marvel can afford to ignore them

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Yay, Black Widow will finally be free on Disney+ this Wednesday.

-ZacWilliam, so I'll only be 1 MCU film behind.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Saw a couple episodes of What If? (I'd kinda given up on it)

Stranger Strange was pretty good.
I must admit the Doctor Strange movie is fairly forgettable (Bargaining with Dormamu is basically the only thing that sticks for me), so I'm glad this story managed to work perfectly fine on it's own. Love the weird pulpy dark horror stuff, and the little detail of Strange having been at it for centuries. By far the best of the bunch I've seen, and the only one I'd ever feel like revisiting.

Ultron Wins was pretty awful.
Vision apparently being able to kill Thanos at any times is just godawful, but worse than that instead of being a self-contained one-off it somehow turned into this EPIC MULTIVERSAL THREAT CROSSOVER CLIFFHANGER. Bleh.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
just saw let there be carnage. not bad, but not great. just mindless fun popcorn flick. if you got a couple hours to kill, go see it

Top Bottom