Marvel Cinematic Universe - General Thread

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Elsa gets around. Nextwave kicked her up a decent notch popularity wise so that if there's monsters and monster fighting happening she probably cameos. For a short time she was Kid Kaiju's mentor/body guard in Monsters Unleashed, she teamed up with the Avengers in Marvel Action Chillers, I think I last saw her in the Black Knight miniseries last year helping Dane beat Mordred.

-ZacWilliam, I want to say she's been somewhere in the last couple months but I'm drawing a blank on where it was.

EDIT: Ah she had a "Death of Dr Strange" tie in one-shot at the beginning of this year.

Shadewing

Citizen
Didn't she also get involved with Deadpool when he was King of the Monsters or something like that a few years ago?

MrBlud

Citizen
I’d love to see Frankencastle but I doubt Marvel would do it and I really don’t see Jon Bernthal being on board with an amusing, over the top Punisher since he seems to prefer his dour, banal one.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The theme music for this special reminded an awful lot of the theme songs for both Aladdin and Gargoyles.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Several MCU film dates have shifted.

Blade is pausing production for now to search for a new director. It is also moving from 3 November 2023 to 6 September 2024.

The third Deadpool film has moved from 6 September 2024 to 8 November 2024.

Fantastic Four has moved from 8 November 2024 to 14 February 2025.

The untitled film set for 14 February 2025 has moved to 7 November 2025.

Avengers: Secret Wars has moved from 7 November 2025 to 1 May 2026.

And the one set for 1 May 2026 has been removed from the schedule.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Basically Blade moves back one year and pushes everything after that date one release date down the calendar.

So that leaves next year with:
Feb - Antman
May - Guardians
July - Marvels

No fall/winter release.

The break between July '23 and the next May '24 without any Marvel films feels like a long one. I mean pre-MCU it wouldn't have seemed long at all, but now when we generally expect at least four films a year it feels big. If I were them I'd probably push Marvels back just a little to make that space smaller, but with intricate plans and so much to juggle that might be easy to say and hard to do.

I wonder if they'll try to squeeze some more D+ specials and shows in to fill the gap.

-ZacWilliam, wants to see Werewolf by night, Manthing, Elsa and Moon Knight again if possible more than Blade, who's always been a bit dull to me.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Yes.

They can also recast Bruce Banner and Rhodey and not Tchala.

It was never recasting as a thing that they've had an issue with.

-ZacWilliam, it was that very particular character/actor given the very particular cercumstances.

Shadewing

Citizen
Yes.

They can also recast Bruce Banner and Rhodey and not Tchala.

It was never recasting as a thing that they've had an issue with.

-ZacWilliam, it was that very particular character/actor given the very particular cercumstances.

Bruce and RHodey's previous actor's didn't die. Ross' and T'Chala's did. They claim they weren't recasting T'Chala outta respect for Boseman; so William Hurt doesn't get any respect?

MrBlud

Citizen
General Ross has been played by three separate people (including Ford) in the MCU. He’s never headlined a movie. The film won’t start shooting for another year (or longer).

Boseman was the only person to play T’Challa, he headlined the movie. He died just before Wakanda Forever was supposed to start filming.

Beyond “actor dying” the situations are not at all comparable.

Shadewing

Citizen
General Ross has been played by three separate people (including Ford) in the MCU. He’s never headlined a movie. The film won’t start shooting for another year (or longer).

Boseman was the only person to play T’Challa, he headlined the movie. He died just before Wakanda Forever was supposed to start filming.

Beyond “actor dying” the situations are not at all comparable.

And even Boseman's family was like "No, recast the character. He wouldn't want T'chala to die with him."

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
It's not his family Marvel needs to worry about primarily. It's audiences both feeling it was disrespectful and negatively comparing any new guy who tries to fill those ridiculously big shoes.

Marvel rightly decided that wasn't risk they wanted to take.

-ZacWilliam, it's comic books, he could always come back and be recast in the future, but right now this was the best route for them to take.

Shadewing

Citizen
So I came across the Lego marvel Advent calendar that is a tie into to this... and now I think if Lego Kevin Bacon isn't one of the minifigures, I'm gonna be annoyed.

Top Bottom