Marvel Cinematic Universe - General Thread

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
In the comics he's a cop who first bonded with Toxin, Carnage's own spawn.
Oooh! I didn't know that! That's cool. If he's a cop, he'd be sorta good.

Shang Chi the series would be great if Morris comes along. Hangs out with Pizza Dog, maybe team up with Loki gator.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
he needs his own series. weve mostly seen just the super hero side of the mcu. he can show us the dark underbelly of crime

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Dude how are you just going to post the entire post credit scene of No Way Home like that!

I kid. This is one time spoiling the post credit scene is actually not that bad since it is an entire teaser for Strange 2. Though I was thinking it was going to be Spider-Verse 2 considering how that teaser started. Though with it's "Meanwhile in ANOTHER Another Universe..." It could be the Post credits for Strange for all we know. Though more likely to be in Morbius I would think being a more Sony film.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So, I didn't know about this until now but Endgame has lost the title of highest grossing film of all time back to the previous owner, James Cameron's Avatar, thanks to a theatrical rerelease of that movie in China last year.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'm not surprised they are making it, because it made a lot of money. Lot of people in hollywood will see that money and only the potential of matching it. That's the Producer viewpoint.

I'm also not surprised that a lot of the public is like "Why." The film did great largely on the back of the new 3D tech. That novelty has passed. The story and characters tend to be completely glossed over and the plot reduced to "Space Ferngully." It didnt birth a large dedicated Fandom that love it or a retail empire of toys and merch. As a Media IP it's been deader than G.I.Joe for years and years now. That's the general public viewpoint.

Could the sequels be awesome? Sure. They've certainly had the time to make a cracking script and write characters people love. Did they do that? Shrug. Will people care enough even to give them a shot?

-ZacWilliam, James Cameron made films I loved a lot of years ago. Do I care if these ones ever come out and I ever see them? Not even a little bit.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I'm not surprised they are making it, because it made a lot of money. Lot of people in hollywood will see that money and only the potential of matching it. That's the Producer viewpoint.

I'm also not surprised that a lot of the public is like "Why." The film did great largely on the back of the new 3D tech. That novelty has passed. The story and characters tend to be completely glossed over and the plot reduced to "Space Ferngully." It didnt birth a large dedicated Fandom that love it or a retail empire of toys and merch. As a Media IP it's been deader than G.I.Joe for years and years now. That's the general public viewpoint.

Could the sequels be awesome? Sure. They've certainly had the time to make a cracking script and write characters people love. Did they do that? Shrug. Will people care enough even to give them a shot?

-ZacWilliam, James Cameron made films I loved a lot of years ago. Do I care if these ones ever come out and I ever see them? Not even a little bit.
While I would agree with most of what you've said, the popularity of the Disney rides may show there is still interest in the world. But that could just be a really cool ride is going to be popular, regardless of what it is.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Defenders, and Punisher are all available on Disney Plus in the USA. You have to change your ratings in your profile to make them visible.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So that's why I got a message asking me if I wanted to change it when I turned on Disney+ this morning.

Are they taking them off Netflix too or are they keeping them all on both?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Best-case scenario I'm hoping for: The first three seasons are still in continuity with this new show and it's basically a "Season 4" of the Netflix show, only likely toned down to PG-13 instead of R.

Worst-case scenario I'm hoping for: If it is a reboot that de-canonizes the Netflix show, then I still want as many of the same actors to com e back and play the new versions of their characters since many of them were great in those roles (Elden Henson as Foggy, Deborah Ann Woll as Karen, Élodie Yung as Elektra, etc.).

Top Bottom