Marvel Cinematic Universe - General Thread

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Uh if you watch the video on Disney plus there are actual video shots for Moon Knight, She-Hulk. and Ms. Marvel.

Also there's an entire thread about the "X-Men '97" TAS revival series going. But not MCU, I get it.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
I wonder if Marvel Zombies will continue the What If...? episode or if it will be set in a different universe.

Spider-Man: Freshman Year may be an obvious creative option to make, but it will be interesting to see if it is too generic.

Regarding She-Hulk, it occurred to me that Disney still does not have the distribution rights to the 2008 The Incredible Hulk film. Does that mean She-Hulk will continue the MCU's trend of never referencing those events despite intentionally bringing back Tim Roth as Abomination? If rumours come to fruition that She-Hulk will bring back Liv Tyler as Betty Ross, then the lack of referential dialogue will be quite glaring.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I wonder if Marvel Zombies will continue the What If...? episode or if it will be set in a different universe.

Spider-Man: Freshman Year may be an obvious creative option to make, but it will be interesting to see if it is too generic.

Regarding She-Hulk, it occurred to me that Disney still does not have the distribution rights to the 2008 The Incredible Hulk film. Does that mean She-Hulk will continue the MCU's trend of never referencing those events despite intentionally bringing back Tim Roth as Abomination? If rumours come to fruition that She-Hulk will bring back Liv Tyler as Betty Ross, then the lack of referential dialogue will be quite glaring.
What If referenced some scenes from that movie. The episode where someone was killing off the Avengers.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen

Didn't that ship sail when they brought back William Hurt to play General Ross? Also, I thought it was direct reference to the 2008 film when Banner said he "broke Harlem."

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I just saw Shang Chi yesterday with friends. It was a lot of fun! It wasn't following the usual Marvel formula (no romance for the hero, no training when receiving new powers) so I was kept on my toes at some bits.

I was disappointed that Abomination and Wong were just trailer teases and not part of the story.

I was weirded out at the sister being involved cuz I didn't know anything about her. No background on the cast list so even Trevor Slattery surprised me.

Who is Morris?!? He's amazing!

Razorfist, whaaat?

I commented that the dad probably wasn't given a lantern.

I thought the arrow was suppose to to into the mouth, not through the side.

At that beginning of the courtship, I couldn't control my laughter. My friends were looking at me like I was crazy. It's not a new idea but just seeing it unfold just caught me off guard and I couldn't help myself.

Hey, my friend said Shang Chi as a franchise isn't pushing thru cuz the actor was making a fuss? Is that true?

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Watched Shang Chi over the weekend - that was fun. I managed to avoid most of the spoilers, so there were some fun surprises.

As far as the overall story at this point - I have no idea where they're going next. Hunches/speculation/quasi-SWAG from other sites, but no solid idea - and it's kinda cool that way.

I do hope there's some sort of an 'end' in mind, but that probably isn't on people's minds yet...these have been fun movies and shows, but it'd be sad to see them just sorta trail off instead of have a definitive finale.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
The idea that there would EVER be an MCU finale is crazy to me. Comic Books have been going for 50 years or so now. The MCU is almost certainly on that model. There will be new storylines and new directions and builds to new big event but it's never gonna be aiming for any sort of final point, that's not how comic stories go.

-ZacWilliam, not that it can't or won't end eventually if audiences move on, but it's a Continuing Universe it's aim is absolutely always going to be continuing and aiming to grow in new directions.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
So Hawkeye is out. Actually pretty good. They gave Bishop good motivation and kept her as down to earth as Clint is. The dynamic is fun and the plot while currently much lower stakes than any D+ entry into the MCU has been is still interesting enough.

I'm assuming the watch they were after belonged to Tony, maybe the one he used in Winter Solider. Any ironman tech, no matter how minimal, is likely to be worth a pretty penny. Then again so would just a normal watch worn by him I guess.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Did there used to be a Venom 2 thread? It's been out for weeks (right?) so no need for spoiler tagging?

I only just saw it a while ago and...what is up with that ending? What does it mean for the MCU?

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
It means venom is now in the mcu. Beyond that is anyones guess until venom 3 or he pops up in another movie

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
It means venom is now in the mcu. Beyond that is anyones guess until venom 3 or he pops up in another movie
If the storyline of No Way Home has someone bringing Spidey villains over to fight him, Movie Venom has no actual connection to Peter Parker. I wonder how they will work that out.

Btw, Venom 2 was just dumb fun. Sometimes I think Venom is trying to hard to be funny but most of the times, I laughed anyway.

I still would have preferred someone else be Carnage, someone new. Woody was oddly not crazy or manic enough to be Carnage. And would that they didn't include the love angle. I didn't like Shriek when they introduced her in Maximum Carnage in the comics. Carnage was evil/crazy enough without her. She was just extra baggage to him.

I have no idea who Mulligan was, if he's a comic character or new. He... Seems ok. If Venom is in the MCU, he won't carry over.

Telly

Citizen
Id do it as long as i were physically able if i were him. Keep cashing those big marvel checks and retire at 40

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Kevin Feige has confirmed that Charlie Cox will reprise Daredevil in any future Marvel Studios production!

Meanwhile, Destin Daniel Cretton is officially returning to direct a Shang-Chi sequel.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Oh thank Primus, they're pushing thru with an Shang Chi sequel. Was worried there for a while.

So it's only MCU Hulk and Black Widow who are Avengers with no sequels, right?

Telly

Citizen
A black widow sequel would be kinda hard, unless they go without scarlett.

There wont be a proper solo hulk movie until universal loses distribution rights to marvel (assuming they still have them)

Top Bottom