Marvel Cinematic Universe - General Thread

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Screenshot_2023-01-03-14-34-48-076_com.android.chrome.jpg

Dunno where else to put this. No jokes about Kate Bishop taking his place.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Well that aint good.

Majors got arrested in NYC for allegedly assaulting/strangling a woman. Sounds like the woman is going to be okay but the internet is already interneting and if this is legit then obviously this is gonna be a problem using him in the MCU going forward. Disney is a bit more concerned with their image staying clean than say WB.

AgentOrange

Citizen
Well that aint good.

Majors got arrested in NYC for allegedly assaulting/strangling a woman. Sounds like the woman is going to be okay but the internet is already interneting and if this is legit then obviously this is gonna be a problem using him in the MCU going forward. Disney is a bit more concerned with their image staying clean than say WB.

1679844844675.png

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Guess they are going to go back to feeling insane. His lawyers say the woman has apparently already recanted the accusations which is gonna be enough for most people. Allan has already gone into protective mode looks like, sure they were getting piled

MrBlud

Citizen
Not just that, but also video from the Cab, testimony from the Cab Driver, and other witnesses that support his story.

Which isn’t to say he’s *not* overall, but doesn’t appear to be true in this specific case.

Axaday

Citizen
I hope that he is really innocent and gets exonerated.

But it starts to look like it is time for casting actors in multi-project roles should come with a psych eval. They bet a LOT on this guy.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Not just that, but also video from the Cab, testimony from the Cab Driver, and other witnesses that support his story.

Which isn’t to say he’s *not* overall, but doesn’t appear to be true in this specific case.
yeah. I know that he wasn't the only person who go "Finally I can talk about what a night mare Majors is to work with" so I have to at least consider hes a major ahole, but it seems like this wasn't an actual thing. Sucks for the people who thought they were safe to speak up about his behavior though.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
In better news, Ike Perlmutter has been ousted as Disney lays off and reorganizes

Marvel Entertainment has been, effectively, folded into Disney’s broader consumer divisions where appropriate.

wentwood

Citizen
Watched the MCU movies except Hulk and Avengers 3 and 4.

Also finished Ms. Marvel and started Wanda Vision.

I dropped all other feeds and will retain Disney +. Mainly for Marvel and Star Wars.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think it looks dumb. Goofy one liners, goofy beastie boys soundtrack, zero indication after almost two minutes of quips what this movie is even supposed to be about. Pass

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Best looking Marvel trailer in a long time imo. And I've liked the recent movies decently, but this just looks super fun, Kamala especially looks great. That show was really cool and it's neat to see her graduate to the full marvel U.

-ZacWilliam, I get to the movies less nowadays than before Covid, BP3, Thor4 and Ant Man3 have been Disney+ watches for me, but this looks like it's absolutely something I want to hit the theaters for.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kamala is fine. This just feels like "more of the same". Will it flop? *shrugs*. But it's hardly bringing anything new or exciting to the table.

Like for real, what is the actual "plot"? It's just antics so far. Maybe a better trailer will change my mind.

Shadewing

Citizen
Its a teaser trailer, its not supposed to be a huge info dump. It give the first bit of plot, something has cuased the Marvels power's to become entangled and they switch places when they're used. Why? How? Not important to answer in the teaser trailer. That's the point of a teaser, to not give you every single answer.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Its a teaser trailer, its not supposed to be a huge info dump. It give the first bit of plot, something has cuased the Marvels power's to become entangled and they switch places when they're used. Why? How? Not important to answer in the teaser trailer. That's the point of a teaser, to not give you every single answer.
See, you say teaser but when I think of teaser I think 15-30 seconds to give you a taste. This was almost 2 minutes so it seems like a bit more than a teaser.

Normally I avoid too much info for movies I want to see, but like I said, I'm willing to watch more trailers or get a better sense of what the movie is about outside of antics. I didn't care at all to see D&D but the skeleton trailer sold me on the whole movie.

Top Bottom