List of Transformers Products Bought During 2022

Galvatron77

All Hail Galvatron!!!
Citizen
I've read about this post a couple of weeks ago, then I realized I haven't purchased any Tf this year!!! I've been too much into Motu. So, thanks to this post I purchased Greasepit and Hauler.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
G2 Universe Leadfoot (Legacy): Pretty. Nice seeing an obscure character, and one from G2 at that. Holds together better than my Mirage, and unlike Mirage, I didn't need to x-acto mod my Leadfoot to make it work.

Masterdominus (Legacy): Looks great in mammoth fossil mode. Loose, but not too loose in MOST places. But the head swings freely if I move the toy around. It's light enough to hold a turned-head pose, but WOW is it loose. Pretty easy to pull off, too. Maybe I lost the QC lottery. Robot mode is fine, though the new hand bits are weird.

I'm glad they did another couple of fossils, but I wish the QC was higher on them. And wish they did a retool of Wingfinger too.

SeeveeRay

Citizen
Legacy Core Shockwave: Solid, but unspectacular. Loose legs. Arms sticking out in back of vehicle mode. He's cute, but maybe Studio Series delivered the better Core Shockwave.

Legacy Cosmos: Found one at Walmart a week or so ago. Clampdown was there too. I didn't want Clampdown, though. I have Red Alert already. Anyway, Cosmos is really good. I don't like the checkered flag. It only has the checkered pattern on one side. But it's removable from the gun, so okay. Some of the seams might be vulnerable to QC issues. Mine's shoulders are definitely too loose. There are a few missed opportunities here and there. They didn't paint the yellow frame on his chest. Some of his pegholes are too tight. Maaaaybe the UFO mode is too tall on the top. But I still really like him. His transformation is cool and he looks cool.

Studio Series 86 Sludge: It's hard to write about him. I guess he's about as good as Slug. Slug too was disappointing compared to Grimlock, perhaps. But my Sludge has okay joints, so I'm inclined to like him more. He's only a little loose in the robot legs, for example. Disappointing that his robot feet can't move a little more to cover that hole in the bottom of his bronto mode. And too bad the gun can't be placed INSIDE that hole instead of hanging on the bottom. Seriously, what a missing opportunity. But he looks nice in both modes. His transformation is mostly neat, but hard to do because of the tolerances. The wings flop anytime the open side of the joint faces down. Always. That's the worst QC thing I've encountered on mine. I wish the robot toes didn't hang down so far in bronto mode as well. That also would have been solved by letting the feet fill the chest... So strange.

I have some more mini-reviews coming. My stack built up while I was neglecting to clear my Transformers tables/desks.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Last couple of days I got:
SG Blaster, plus issue 2 of the comic
Studio series 86 Acree
APC toys Night Countess (TFP Airachnid)

SeeveeRay

Citizen
Legacy Motormaster: Nice chunky truck. Nice intimidating robot mode. But I admit he seems somewhat unspectacular for the price. The base mode is interesting for base standards. I don't have any significant complains. I guess the back of the cab is hard to keep pegged in place above the wheels. Might just need some breaking in. I haven't tried Menasor mode yet. I really want to wait till I have Wild Rider, Dead End, and Breakdown for that to maximize the impact. Anyway, he's expensive, but I really like him.

Legacy Blitzwing: Actually pretty awesome. I don't like the Hulk Hands or whatever you want to call them. But they're not needed for any modes. I had to trim the chest pegs on mine (on the cockpit piece) to get them to peg in. Also one of the two guns is somewhat bent. QC bullcrap. No loose joints, though. I'm surprised he has TWO guns. Love the transformations, though the tank turret is too easy to displace. Tank mode is great, though I couldn't find an actually good place to plug his sword. Robot mode is GREAT. There's no options for his tank barrel in robot mode besides too short or too long. But that's okay. It looks good in the short configuration. Jet mode is surprisingly okay, despite the turret getting in the way on the bottom. Sure, it's more kibbly than it needs to be, but it holds together well. Hard to get the nosecone out of the jet cockpit, but I only did it once. It might be easier next time. The jet will always sit on the tank turret, though. Then the landing gear decides the angle it leans. If you can justify the cost, this is a good toy and a good partner for Astrotrain. Even if Astrotrain has the Siege hyper-detail and Blitzwing doesn't.

Masterpiece Arcee: Speaking of expensive things... I have now handled four Masterpiece figures (two regular and two Movie). This one is fun, but Wheeljack is probably still my favorite of the ones I've played with. Arcee has a surprisingly good transform. It's easier to do than I figured it would be. I thought it would be a panels nightmare. She's a shellformer, after all. She has stability issues because of her small feet, lack of heels, and big backpack. And sadly her hips can't lean back at all to help support any poses. This is the failing point for the toy. She really needed for flexible hips. Also her waist joint isn't tight enough. Not sure what the point is of the jointed flaps on the top side of her backpack... She has a lot of guns, but they don't store well in robot mode outside of the holstered gun. And she has some issues holding the guns tightly. I couldn't do a two-handed gun grip. So it seems like I have a lot of complaints. But she looks great in robot mode. And she has the best vehicle mode any Arcee has ever had. I like her fine. Just wish she was more perfect. Maybe a common complain for Masterpieces in general. Wheeljack is the only one I've played with that I have no issues with.

More coming. I have too many built up in my stack. o_O

SeeveeRay

Citizen
Lots of Masterpieces this time. No, I didn't bankrupt or anything. But I probably can't get these too often from here on. August was a big month for me. I'm still opening my stuff.

Legacy Override: The cars fin spoiler bits are too small. That's it. My only complaint. Seriously. She's really good. Better than her old toy by a good amount. Unless you hate TF Cybertron or something then just buy her.

Masterpiece Shouki: An explosion into a mess of clear plastic panels in place of a transformation. He's fine in robot mode despite finicky feet and a shield that doesn't want to stay on. His train mode is nice looking but the gun only pegs onto the bottom with the handle sticking from the side. Defective I guess. I'll try to fix it with some polish. I didn't try torso mode. But WHOA is his transformation a nightmare. The hardest Masterpiece figure I've handled. So many panels scraping by each other and wrapping around each other. Totally insane engineering to make this work. And work it does. But at what cost? Love you, Wario. Recommended for combiner enthusiasts that don't spit-take at the price. I'm eager to get more trains despite the pain.

Masterpiece Senator Crosscut: I got Crosscut because I like his colors best. I'm not attached to Skids and I think Reboost looks too much like Optimus Prime. I prefer the Crosscut head-sculpt too. I might've gotten Dia Burnout instead (GIRL POWER) but I already had Crosscut being delivered when she was revealed. Anyway... I don't like how you can only store two guns definitively in the car mode. The extra sits loose in the back or else the scooter sits loose in the back. Only one or the other will fit at one time. Also he can only hold two guns in robot mode. So I guess I'll dump some bits into my parts bin. Masterpiece is usually good for stuffing the parts bins, though. But weapon storage is my only complaint. This toy rules. Great and NOT hand-trashing transform. Looks great in both modes. Very posable and holds together well. And he doesn't cost as much as a lot of Masterpieces do. Even if you're not a Masterpiece collector I can recommend Crosscut (or Skids, Reboost, Burnout, take your pick). My favorite Masterpiece so far I think.

Masterpiece Optimus Primal: The gorilla mode looks like the cartoon. A weird-looking gorilla. But mission accomplished. I'm not complaining. I like that he looks like the show. But his knuckles-down realistic gorilla pose... isn't very good. That and it feels like the toy will eventually break when you use the joint designed for it. Getting it back is even harder. Maybe best to leave him in bipedal mode as a beast, The whole transformation feels like it might break the toy. So much excessive force is required to move almost everything on this toy. I had to look at videos and I still was worried about breaking him. Also a big chunk of mold flash rendered one part immovable until I moved it hard enough to break away the flash. Scary. And almost broke my poor skinny fingers. No place to store the swords in ape mode other than his hands. That stinks, but I understand it. Might've been nice to use the electronics budget on something different, though. But then the robot mode. The beautiful robot mode. This is truly the absolute best presentation of Primal's robot mode. I love it. I don't love the tiny face-plate paint-chip on his normal mouth face, though. Mmph. Really nice toy despite it killing my fingers.

Last edited:

SeeveeRay

Citizen
These might be my last Masterpieces for a while and they might not. It depends.

Masterpiece Movie Barricade: A strong figure. I don't like how his collar/neck piece sits without locking in. And his door wings move around too easily. But he's good otherwise. Really good but time-eating transform. Looks good in both modes. Does get in his own way a bit much with his shoulder kibble. The weapon is ridiculous, but accurate. No storage spot in vehicle mode, but they amusingly supplied a stand for it. EDIT: Would have been nice if he came with Frenzy. Who will come with Masterpiece Frenzy? Maybe they don't do one? Maybe they make a pack that has other minions in it too? I don't know. The Bayformers Decepticon minions are all EXTRA small, so...

Masterpiece Movie Decepticon Blackout & Scorponok: When I took him out of the box I immediately disliked him. It was like he exploded and nothing stayed in place. After a (LONG AND PAINFUL) trial of transforming him to helicopter mode (and missing steps somehow), I thought the heli mode was fine. Then I returned him to robot mode. And I got it wrong a few times, but I figured it out eventually. As I thought might happen, he fits together much better after I was the one to transform him. He's solid and mostly stable and looks good. There are some negative things. First, Scorponok seems too small. He should be close to the size of Masterpiece Movie Barricade I'm pretty sure. Maybe that means Blackout is too small too. Second, there's no way to store the propeller weapon. Because the blades aren't all jointed on it for some reason. The crotch armor is WAY too easy to move out of alignment. And mine has loose side-to-side joints in both shoulders. I might be able to fix that. Sounds bad, I know. But I ended up liking him. The terrible first impression was only because of the way he was boxed. Just be aware that it can be hard to get everything to plug in well enough when you transform him. EDIT: Forgot to mention. When I first got Blackout out of the box and I was trying to wrestle his parts in place, something happened that never happened to me before. One of his parts popped off. Even though it was RIVETED ON with a FLATHEAD PIN. I pressed it back in (very difficult to reach the spot) and it stays. No signs of popping off again. But it was crazy. One of the worst examples of "move this thing before this thing OR ELSE".

My verdict on Masterpieces in general is that they're too complex for their own good a lot. But that's why they're so expensive I guess. I mostly like what I've gotten so far. But big flaws like MPM Megatron's ankles and MPM Ironhide's restricted arms dampen my enthusiasm.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The other day, I got another Legacy Red Cog and a Kingdom Slammer, then yesterday, I had some upgrade parts arrive that alters Legacy Velocitron Scourge a little, swapping out the fuel tanks, a piece to go on top of the truck mode cab, some new knee pads and arm covers so he looks like he got some more muscle on his arms, also got a cape he could wear, but honestly, wasn't keen on the cape on him, so its gone to WFC spoiler pack Nemesis prime, also got some hands for the offical God Grini, modern, from a few years ago, just need to put those on! Finally a couple of days ago, I had Shattered Glass Magnus arrive, with his comic, thou he going to get a upgrade done at some point, to boost his height, the way the figure looks, its kind of weird, I blame the butt kibble!

SeeveeRay

Citizen
Studio Series Sideways: Nice and stable robot mode once he's transformed right. Nice car mode, but has a little trouble holding together perfectly in the top back. Nice transformation, too. I like the way his fingers wrap around parts hidden in his trunk. And the way his legs and feet wrap around his torso and head. He turned out really well. The only problem is his ankles are loose. He stands decently anyway. But it's a shame SOMETHING always has to hold these toys back from what they could have been.

Premium Finish Studio Series Optimus Prime (SS-05): I have the retool with the trailer, but I didn't have the first version. I had passed on it when I found it before, but I regret that now. It's different enough that I should have picked it up. Anyway, it's expensive enough now that I paid about the same to get a Premium Finish version. Better paint and two extra weapons. I don't know why they didn't use the retool, but I'm glad they didn't now. Unfortunately, the thick paint on the smokestacks make them hard to plug into the slots for transformation. And the joints for that are bad for holding together anyway. So my attempts to fix it... failed on one side. The part will not hold at all currently. The backpack holds it in place okay, but it's frustrating anyway. The transform is interesting, but it's hard to get the arms in place in vehicle mode. He's fine in both modes other than the earlier problem I mentioned. Though it would've been nice for his forearm panels to peg into place better in robot mode. No loose joints on mine. As is known, this mold sacrifices some robot mode accuracy for vehicle mode accuracy. The retool does the opposite.

Top Bottom