List of Transformers Products Bought During 2022

Internet Jesus

Poison Love
Citizen
On Monday, there was a huge blowout sale at Walmart.com and I had to get the $13 reissue Megatron. He's here and he has wonderful QC issues!

I'm gonna compare him with my vintage T-Wrecks and see what I can fix.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Going to transplant my posts from the other thread here. And update this one from now on when necessary.

Just got Thrilling 30 Metroplex in the mail. Very dirty. Will need plenty of cleaning. But he's complete and in fine shape. Now I have every Titan Class released to this point. Now if only I still had shelf space. Or house space...

Opened my Studio Series 86 Junkheap. Harder to fit together in cycle mode than my Wreck-Gar. It seems the feet pop off their underside pegs if I straighten the seat (to not collide with the back wheel). But I like him. He looks good. Please let them do a Scrapheap. I will buy.

Legacy Jhiaxus is awesome. Not much else to say. Maybe the silver gun could have a better place to plug on the side. And his footprint isn't perfectly stable. But I won't be surprised at all if he's figure of the year. Wow.

Also opened my SS Bayverse Galvatron. I like him and don't care that he isn't 1:1 to the movie I don't like anyway. That the truck folds so elegantly into a flat backpack is very impressive. A little weird that you can see right into his chest. And I wish he had better storage for his gun in both modes.

Just got DoTM Powerglide. Nice little figure, though his wings get in the way of his arms some. I'm reminded that I never picked up Combiner Wars Powerglide. I should. But maybe a new Powerglide will be announced/leaked any day. Who knows. In that case it might be more worth it to get that mold as Viper.

And I just got Energon Hot Shot. He sacrifices a lot of articulation and stability for his combining gimmick to work with the engineering of the time. Still he fills a previously missing piece in the puzzle that is my Energon collection.

SeeveeRay

Citizen
Cyberverse Deluxe Dinobot Slug. I wasn't expecting such a complex transformation, especially for a Cyberverse. Holy crap. Probably the best Cyberverse toy I've handled so far (taking the crown from Deluxe Shockwave). Pretty great aside from the inevitable lower plastic quality of Cyberverse toys. And his hips bump into his skirt armor too easily. Hurts some dynamic posing. That always bugs me.

Masterpiece Movie Megatron. Got it for cheap... for a Masterpiece, anyway. Could be a very convincing KO for all I know, I guess. Well, my Masterpiece Wheeljack was only 30 dollars, so... This is my third Masterpiece. My second was Movie Ironhide. To rank them, I'd say Wheeljack is the best one, then this Movie Megatron and then the Movie Ironhide. Movie Megatron is excellent in ways. He is HUGE for a Megatron in general. Certainly the largest of the Movie Megatron toys. But his ankles are so wobbly that stability is an issue. I can't believe they released him that way when they knew he was going to be top-heavy. What were they thinking? I tightened the screws and it seems to have helped a little (not much). And good thing he has good big feet. Otherwise he might not be able to stand at all. His transformation wasn't too bad. I figured it out without instructions and it was fun. But it was PAINFUL and NOT fun to put all the tabs into their slots. He looks good generally, but could hold together better. And it's hard to ignore that the less expensive Studio Series figure has less kibble and looks better. This one has his gun, an articulated jaw, a better chest, and a less gappy vehicle mode. But you could argue the SS one has a better and sleeker vehicle mode anyway. The SS one has a crappy flail that I tossed that into a parts bin. The Masterpiece one has a better "flail" that can store in his robot mode. But you have to take off his hands to use his weapons. I never like that. My Masterpiece Movie Megatron has a piece in the collar area that's a little bent, so it can't peg in right. One of his shoulder-pads pops up. Maybe a hair drier and some pressure will help. I wanted this because I'm looking to collect more Masterpieces now. I don't regret it and I think it's still pretty good (better than Movie Ironhide for sure). But it's hard for me to recommend to people who aren't trying to do the same. Especially with the SS version out there.

Last edited:

SeeveeRay

Citizen
Studio Series Arcee (Bumblebee movie version): Neat vehicle mode, but the front (doubled) wheel doesn't hold together well. The tabs are too fat for their slots or the slots are too narrow. I'll try trimming later. The robot mode looks good but has a major standing issue. Tiny feet, bad ankles, and back heavy. It's hard to give her a cool pose because of this. I'll try to find a solution. For some reason she also has an unused transformation joint in each leg. Is that for a later retool or something? UPDATE: Oh. The leg joints are to let the ankles tilt forward. It lines up the feet with the lower legs better and makes it more stable. Looks fine and stands better. DUH, me. I retract my complaints on the posing.

Comic Universe Impactor: The new head looks odd, but I like it. Impactor is still a neat figure and this one is about as good as the Siege one. The harpoon pegs a little too tightly into his arm, yet a little too loosely into his shoulder cannon in tank mode. It doesn't fall out or turn when I shake it, though. So I don't mind.

Spindle: Well, she looks great in both modes. But she's loose as heck, especially in the legs. And the robot face wants to recede into the beast head while you're trying to move it. And the beast feet/robot hands want to pop off. All the time. And easily. This doesn't seem to just be mine. Others are having similar problems. But she does look cool. And color matches with Impactor (which I didn't notice till I got the pack). Funnily enough, despite the looseness, I can get her to stand in poses better than Studio Series Arcee. :-/ Spindle's sideways "knees" or "ankles" or whatever are pretty tight joints, though. They have little notches that keep them stable. I don't remember Paleotrex having those notches to hold things in place, but Spindle certainly does. Maybe I remember it wrong.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Latest arrivals:
Legacy Blitzwing
Legacy Tarantulas
Legacy Motor Master
Leagcy Wildrider
Studio series 86 Sludge
Studio series 86 Junkheap X2

SeeveeRay

Citizen
I updated my above Studio Series Arcee mini-review. Stability and posing problem solved. That mystery joint in each leg is needed. Duh.

Also I got Studio Series 86 Arcee. She looks great. Her backpack doesn't even look too bad. Unfortunately, her waist doesn't peg into place although it looks like it should. The peg is too narrow for the slot. I guess I'll try thickening the peg. Crap. She also has a really nice forward tilt in her waist, but it's also a bit too loose. Quality control roulettes. This was close to being a perfect Generations/Studio Series Arcee, but as BW Megatron said "So close! I was soooo... cloooooose!" I'm sure she'll be one of my favorites of the year anyway, though. UPDATE: I transformed her back to robot mode. As usual, I get them much better transformed than they came in the box. So Arcee holds together better now. Still a little loose around the middle, but okay. Also, this really is like having a new mold. She has some parts reused from the Thrilling 30 Arcee, but not that many. And this one is so different than the Thrilling 30 one.

Last edited:

SeeveeRay

Citizen
I now have Cybertron Universe Metroplex (Legacy). It's big and impressive-looking. Lots of joints. And it's the first non-combiner Titan class to actually be in the exact scale as he's shown in the relevant cartoon. I don't mind the big chunk vehicle mode. But at least for mine, the robot mode has a few joints that are too loose because of overly soft ratchets. The ankles by a little. The ab crunch enough so that his own weapon can drag his torso down. A shame. Also I popped off his right thumb trying to get him to hold his weapon right. It's so unnecessarily tough to get it into his hand. And the shovel part can't open flat, so he can't set his weapon standing upright like the original from the Cybertron line could. It's a shame the axe couldn't split open as well, but I love the spinning blade. Very satisfying. His backpack chunk could have been more elegant. Nice new "work mode" that looks more different than the original, but the chest doesn't sit flat, leaving a gap. I like that the weapons stay mounted snugly in vehicle mode. I can carry him like a suitcase. Couldn't do that with the Cybertron original. No way.

I don't know if the nice things are enough to justify the price increase when there are problems like it has. But I'm generally good with it other than the loose ratchet in the torso. And that might only be a problem with mine.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The last couple of days:
Legacy Override
Legacy Wrecker Bulkhead
Legacy Wrecker Leadfoot set
Legacy Wrecker Impactor set

SeeveeRay

Citizen
G2 Universe Road Rocket: She looks great with the alternate transformation. I already had Prime Universe Arcee, but that's okay. The alternate transformation makes me fine with having both. I like the mold and it works better as Road Rocket I think.

Blurr (Legacy): It's very similar to the Studio Series 86 Blurr, of course. But I like the new parts and colors. And the lovely IDW head. Pretty cool, but I would have liked them to have replaced the welding tool with something else. Probably not possible, though.

Skywasp: Holds together better than my Waspinator and my Buzzsaw. What the heck? Is pretty. I wasn't looking to get another of this mold, but this is a good experience. Nice alternate head, though I didn't attach it.

Predacon Scorponok (original toy colors): But this one is floppier than my Kingdom Scorponok and my Predacon Sandstorm. Not too bad, though. And like Skywasp, he's really pretty. Again I didn't attach the (nice-looking) alternate head. But I was tempted because my 1996 Scorponok always used the mutant head. That was partially because the regular robot head looked much worse than the cartoon head, though.

Ransack: More appropriate that this mold is so big for Ransack than for Kickback. The swords are more appropriate for this version as well, as Ransack using them as an abdomen makes more sense than for Kickback. I hope they do Barrage, Venom, and Chop Shop to go with him. The Kickback head with black eyes is a little weird. For people to swap Kickback's head out for a original toy colors version? It gives a little extra value, anyway. A good toy, as it is with Kickback.

Autobot Goldbug: YES. GOLDBUG. Very satisfied here. So glad they used the Netflix Bumblebee mold instead of the Cliffjumper one. Still has the bazooka that fits so poorly with the Volkswagen versions. But it's extra parts I can give to another perhaps. The paint is GORGEOUS. So much better and more accurate than the pictures suggested it would be. And of course mine came with a scratch on the side. Huh. Fits together a bit better than my Bumblebee. Presumably doesn't come with a Bumblebee head because Walmart still holds the rights over the Netflix mold. AND! AND... You can attach the shield/trunk to the back (back fender pointing down) and tilt it up until you get a great Goldbug hood with not much increase in backpack. Loving it.

Top Bottom