List of Transformers Products Bought During 2022

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Holiday Optimus Prime: There are only so many ways to transform a semi-truck Optimus, right? Hahaha WRONG. Fantastic looking in both modes. Very stable and poseable in both modes. Amazing convert. I especially love the folding leg panels. I dig the theme and the colors too. I'm glad they didn't throw away this mold. It's VERY good. The only issue I have is the trailer. It's totally plain white on the inside and it bumps up the price a bit. But I sense this Optimus's budget is more than a voyager class budget anyway. Strongly recommended.

Legacy Predacon Inferno: Awesome working robot jaw, of course. He looks good in robot mode but the ant legs get in the way big time. Transformation took me a while to do, but once you know how, it's easy and good. The hands acting as pegs for slots is a neat new thing I think. The ant mode looks great and stands up tall on its legs despite the size of the figure. The jaw is a little misaligned because perhaps of the way it is packaged combined with not letting the parts cool enough. Not a big deal I figure. But the side of the ant head on mine has what looks like some plastic damage. Like it's a small burn. Doesn't bother me much, but I'm wondering how this stuff happens. Some things could have been better, such as him having a gun and a jet thruster both. And the antenna should have been on his back peeking up instead of on his belly. But then enough stuff gets in his way as it is. Stable and good to pose despite the ant legs. Ant eyes ended up dark blue, as Hasbro promised. :3 I say get him unless you're avoiding beasts.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I had Legacy Inferno in yesterday, he looks good, thou I am planning to buy a upgrade in the form of a gun that looks more like what he had in the show, the one he got is ok but it clearly meant to gun in his Ant butt for his flight mode!

SeeveeRay

Citizen
New quickies to catch up before I open Victory Saber.

Studio Series 86 Autobot Wheelie: Nice robot mode and transformation. I had to massage it a bit to keep the arms from popping off the pegs in the back. The fists sticking out the back are a bummer, but not a big one. This is still a really nice Wheelie.

Studio Series 86 Core Autobot Ratchet: Nice robot mode and vehicle mode. Transformation is good... when it works. I had to massage it extensively to keep it from popping apart when everything was together. Mine seems to be better than Dave Van Domelen's, at least. But look out for QC on this one.

Legacy Bomb-Burst: Looks good in robot mode. I also like the vehicle mode, though if you secure the arms then the guns don't face straight forward... Simple transform. I love the idea of the bat wings for his robot mode being formed from the guns. The details are nice. Too bad they don't work. They just don't connect right. You need to point the cockpit back and plug the wings on at an angle and they sit so far back... Eh. Too bad about that.

Legacy Decepticon Wild Rider: Good in vehicle mode. Also good in robot mode, but the back kibble is a bit much depending on positioning. Transform is fine and not too hard, but some parts scrape together in front. The two different configurations for the backpack should be good for better differentiating him from Breakdown. But it requires potentially using a more kibbly config.

Legacy Dead End: 😒 Looks good in robot mode of course. The transformation is not hardand WOULD be good. But somehow the legs are is a mini plague of parts needing to be aligned exactly to fit together. Look out for QC on this one. I had to shave it extensively at points and it still doesn't fit together right. I have a choice in car mode between misaligned top, gap on side, or back split open. So I try to minimize the gap on the side as much as I can to make it look decent. Blah. I wish you all better luck than me on this one.

Now to wait for Breakdown so I can form Menasor. I haven't done the Menasor transformation at all yet. Being patient. :3

SeeveeRay

Citizen
Victory Saber: I wrote about this extensively in the Victory Saber thread. In conclusion, it's a great set and I'm glad I got it. It's going to be hard to recommend it now with aftermarket prices being what they are, of course.

Legacy Transmetal II Megatron: I love the robot mode except for the face. The grills and his pointy teeth and the sculpting all bring it away from cartoon accuracy. Which is too bad because the rest of the figure is very cartoon accurate. Very stable and poseable. His dragon neck is a little restricted, but holds up well. Neat transformation, much like the original 1999 figure. Similar, but different. His dragon tail is very articulated, too. The dragon mode is also great looking and stable. The fire breath piece looks better than these sort of pieces usually do. It doesn't peg straight-on in the dragon mouth, though. I don't have any significant problems other than the robot face. Except... he's assembled wrong. And it was a little hard to fix. The top points of his wings are on backward. To fix it you need to remove two screws and pry the plastic apart enough to get to the wingtips. It's difficult to do. Popping off the big flathead pin would make it easy. But then you need to pop out a big flathead pin which isn't easy. I wedged a big screwdriver in as a lever to pry the wing halves apart. A pain, but I'm used to doing this sort of thing. And I prefer the look with the parts put on correctly so I think it was definitely worth it to do.

That should be it for the year for me. No more Transformers unless I find a Minerva somehow. See you in 2023, collection topics. :3

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Christmas miracles really do happen! In what is likely to be my final Transformers purchase of 2022, Speedia 500 Galaxy Shuttle arrived yesterday. Not only did I not expect for the preorder to be fulfilled (let's face it, it's Walmart after all), I definitely didn't think I'd have him before Christmas!

SeeveeRay

Citizen
One more Transformer for the year somehow! Probably I should be saving money for important things. :unsure: And oh my, this one will be long. Unfortunately.

Cyberverse Deluxe Thunderhowl: INSTANT BUYER'S REMORSE. Well, this is the cheapest one I could find after the reissue came out. I wanted the Maccadam head. The moment they released the one without the head, it triggered the release in greedy sellers' minds. Now theirs is super valuable because the reissue doesn't have the head. :cautious: But anyway, my Maccadam's only missing a couple of parts now. Now Thunderhowl... Well, I like the transformation okay. It does some clever movements and I haven't quite seen something like it before. But it immediately makes it pointless by making the wolf legs look like they do. And my thanks to the shield for filling in so much of the otherwise empty torso. The blast effect has nowhere to go but on the wolf tongue, which looks weird coming from the top jaw piece instead of the bottom. He can't tip his head back, so he can only fire the blast downward. The sword hides nicely, but it's not at all obvious where it goes. I had to look it up. Don't look at this mode from underneath! The robot mode looks okay. For a brick, anyway. There's no way to get the cape out of the way at all. And it extends down to his ankles. It doesn't matter that mine has loose ankles, because there's no way to pose him without the cape touching the ground. Extra legs, I guess. But the head doesn't tilt back, so there's no cool leaning forward poses possible either. The Cyberverse cheapness is in full effect here, but I expected that. The blast effect doesn't slide all the way over the sword. I kept pushing it, figuring I wasn't doing it right. But nope. It doesn't go on all the way. It would have looked cool if it did, but oh well. He can't hold his shield well at all. The clips and kibble keep it from pegging onto his arms. And he can only hold it in his hand like it's a gun. Looks terrible. You can angle his wrist a little downward, but not enough to keep it from looking bad. Guess it can store on the back anyway. And the shin transformation joints are all friction. They're only slightly loose on mine and it's okay, but if you get one with loose shin joints... I couldn't recommend someone buy this even if it were original retail price. It's pretty much unthinkable now unless someone really wants that Maccadam head or is a completionist. The Cyberverse deluxes I own aren't always up to usual deluxe standards, but this one is definitely well below.

I paid too much for this, even if it was cheaper than the usual price I see it for. 😩 That's the collector's lament sometimes, I suppose. I don't regret the collecting, only the overpaying.

Last edited:

Top Bottom