Linkara covers Transformers... again

Nevermore

Citizen
This thread is specifically dedicated to instances where Linkara of Atop the Fourth Wall covers a Transformers-related subject (usually a comic book).

His latest video is a review of IDW's "Deviations" issue, aka "Hot Rod sucks and how much better would it have been if Optimus Prime hadn't died in The Transformers: The Movie?"

I love his custom-made theme song and intro sequence for this video, and I'm very pleased that he truly did his research for this video, compared to previous videos where he seemed unfamiliar with various aspects of the Transformers brand.

Also, here's a complete archive of all previous Transformers-related videos by Linkara.

Archive part 1 because of Allspark limitations for embedded media:
Dreamwave Generation 1 Vol. 1 issues #4-5:

Top 15 Screw Ups of Atop the Fourth Wall with an important correction to the Dreamwave review (time stamp link):

Marvel US Generation 2 issue #1:

The Next 15 Screw Ups of Atop the Fourth Wall with a response to critisicm to the Generation 2 #1 review (time stamp link):

Last edited:

Nevermore

Citizen
Archive part 2 because of Allspark limitations for embedded media:

Marvel US Generation 1 issue #24 ("Afterdeath", from a live show):

Marvel US Generation 1 issue #31 ("Buster Witwicky and the Car Wash of Doom"):

Marvel UK Generation 1 issue #145 ("Stargazing"):

IDW Star Trek vs. Transformers crossover:

IDW Revolution crossover:

Last edited:

Nevermore

Citizen
Archive part 3 because of Allspark limitations for embedded media:

Marvel UK Generation 1 issue #41 ("Christmas Breaker!"):

Marvel Transformers retrospective part 1 (Marvel US Generation 1 issues #1-40):

Last edited:

Nevermore

Citizen
Archive part 4 because of Allspark limitations for embedded media:

Marvel Transformers retrospective part 2 (Marvel US Generation 1 issues # 41-80):

Last edited:

Nevermore

Citizen
Archive part 5 because of Allspark limitations for embedded media:

Marvel Transformers retrospective part 3 (Marvel US Generation 2 issues #1-12 and IDW Regeneration One issues #80.5, #0 and #81-100):

Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron crossover:

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wow... he's done more of these than I thought. Pity he didn't have that new, series-specific intro sooner.

Also:

His latest video is a review of IDW's "Deviations" issue, aka "Hot Rod sucks and how much better would it have been if Optimus Prime hadn't died in The Transformers: The Movie?"
More like "1986 sucks, especially Hot Rod (but not Kup, for some reason)."

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Kup is the only one in the movie calling Hot Rod a dope, so the author might have felt sympathy to him.
Ultra Magnus and Springer come down pretty hard on him too, in this comic, yet both of them are killed off.

Conversely, Daniel is the only one who's nice to Hot Rod in the story, yet he gets to live.

I'm actually surprised Daniel survives, too, given how much hate he's had in the fandom over the years for being so annoying.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I never really found Daniel that bad, that I can recall. Maybe fell in with the haters when it was "the cool thing to do," but really? Eh, I always sorta liked him.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Conversely, Daniel is the only one who's nice to Hot Rod in the story, yet he gets to live.

I'm actually surprised Daniel survives, too, given how much hate he's had in the fandom over the years for being so annoying.
I think that the Daniel Witwicky hate brigade largely got things out of their system with the intro/prologue to 3H's Beast Machines Wreckers comic (where Daniel and Wheelie die in a battle against an army of Nightbirds).

Blot

Citizen
Ultra Magnus and Springer come down pretty hard on him too, in this comic, yet both of them are killed off.

No, I mean in the original film Kup's the one guy to disparage Hot Rod. I mean Arcee does too, but Kup's screen presence alongside Hot Rod probably left a mark on our embittered author.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Daniel's a human, and as such may have been subject to different rules, either from editorial or in Easton's head.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I think that the Daniel Witwicky hate brigade largely got things out of their system with the intro/prologue to 3H's Beast Machines Wreckers comic (where Daniel and Wheelie die in a battle against an army of Nightbirds).

I think it might just be that the people who grew-up with Season 3 made it past their twenties and started having kids of their own. I imagine Daniel is far less annoying once you've had to deal with your own screaming toddler.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Linkara's taking a look at three more issues of the Marvel UK G1 comics. #132 "Kup's Story" and #133-134 "Headhunt". Kind of a random choice of issues, there.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Forgot to mention that, with this video, he's got a wicked new Transformers-themed opening sequence that looks like something out of the Transformers: Devastation video game.

Last edited:

Top Bottom