LEGO Optimus Prime

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Going to the website has me in a queue, but doesn't say how long that queue is... wonderful

EDIT: Finally got through and pre-ordered. It's up as of now (9pm PST)

Last edited:

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Got through earlier than I expected - yay for midnight on the east coast - but I'm still waiting for the confirmation email. Wonder if it has anything to do w/ using PayPal instead of Lego's secure checkout.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Same here, haven't gotten it (and I paid with CC). Funny enough I did get the "thanks for signing up" email, though even that took about 40 minutes to arrive.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
It took a while - an hour or so - but the confirmation email did come through.

$180 with tax - I've never paid this much for a Lego set or a TF, but I guess that since this is both, that makes it okay . . .

D Buster Prime

Citizen
Visited one of my area LEGO stores today. They told me that they had already sold about 80 Optimus Primes! Two of the other three stores in my area are sold out.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I like the way everything looks on this except Prime's face/head. It's just kinda awkward.

-ZacWilliam, It's not awful but I feel like someone could do better on that one part.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Mine was delivered today. I'm not planning on building it all at once - may as well spread it out over the summer and have fun with it.

So - who has two thumbs, no body, and is getting built out of order?
This Guy.jpg

Echowarrior

Citizen
Should I try my local Lego store, or just order online?

Bah. I'll go to the Lego store first. Been needing an excuse to get to that corner of town anyway.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Should I try my local Lego store, or just order online?

Bah. I'll go to the Lego store first. Been needing an excuse to get to that corner of town anyway.

If you can't find it in person, don't have any worries about ordering online - other than the receipt taking a bit longer to get by email than expected, no problems. Shipping was free given the price, and it arrived in less than a week of ordering.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Mine didn't take too long to get here. Felt like waiting for Christmas, but realistically, it was fine.

Loved opening it up. The instructions smell like a comic shop - I know that's a crazy thing to get excited about, but I figure this is the kind of place where people can relate to the sentiment. The back of the instructions show how to "convert" him, complete with yellow arrows like the OG Prime's instructions. That was a nice touch.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Still building it out of order. Feet are done, working my way up the legs - bag 4 for the first leg was fine. For some reason, there were two bags for bag 5 . . . had me seriously worried that I was missing a bunch of parts until I started digging through the box again. Didn't see that come up on the Brothers Brick or Brickset reviews, but, I didn't read through all the comments, so I may have missed it there.

Forgot to mention two things - the dark grey background on some pages, with lots of black and dark blue parts, has slowed me down a little bit. That, and, my habit of not following every single step has gotten me in trouble a few times. I've had to backtrack and to figure out why things didn't look quite right at least once.

Last edited:

Top Bottom