Lego and other brick toys

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
1643930702325.png

nobody asked for this, nobody wanted this, but lego's supposedly making it anyways!

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Well, if they have regular minifigures, I’ll be down when they go on clearance. Always looking to expand my alien species minifigure collection. Just need Lego to reissue the Futuron torsos.
20220204_182117.jpg
20220204_182126.jpg
20220204_182106.jpg
20220204_182058.jpg

Last edited:

Haywire

Citizen
Seeing a spread of aliens like that makes me feel like I've been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada.
I’ve actually built a Starfighter before, complete with death plasm, but sadly don’t have one currently. Might have to correct that!
do i see a SPACE PIMP in there
It’s really just the space pimp’s hood ornament, for some reason that was easier to get than another Brick Daddy head.

The idea started as a “what if the Space Police 3 bad guys had good guy counterparts?” kind of thing, with some influence from classic Trek and the Legostar Galactica webcomic. Their ship is one of the SHIPs I’m trying to design and build, haven’t quite come up with an idea I am totally satisfied with, although I think I want to stick with the Futuron color palette, largely white with some black accents and transparent dark blue windscreens. Might have to work a couple Starfighters in now, too...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Two lego pirate videos I've watched, they are pretty good, thou I would say the first one of these two is the best but its the end of the second one that makes it worth posting:

Dvandom

Citizen
Yep, that's the goal. "Super Robot" is the name of the genre inspired by Go Nagai's designs in the 70s. Mazinger Z, Raydeen, Combattler V, etc.

---Dave

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I've been buying and building a lot of smaller sets lately, and getting back into LEGO after years away from it, but recently had the opportunity to pick up Zane's titan mech at a pretty solid price and it's the biggest set I've ever built.

Knuckled down and did it this afternoon, and it's pretty fantastic. I'm not into Ninjago, but I love a cool giant robot.

IMG_20220320_181811.jpg

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Did a Bricklink order last night. Seller was listed as being in the same state as me - turned out that they were less than two miles away. So - order placed last night and picked up this morning. Someone should stick a Staples .gif in there, because that was easy.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Got in complete set of lego Looney Tunes mini figures, out of all the characters, only one I don't really know as they were pretty much forgotten by the dusts of time and I wish they been replaced by Sam or Elmer as they are more easily recongised, thou I am a little surprised that Lego didn't have them out for Space Jam a new Legacy

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
Petunia Pig and Lola Bunny don't really fit among the "main cast" from the classic animated shorts (Petunia was only in a tiny handful of cartoons from the late 1930s, Lola is purely a modern character), but I understand their inclusion so it wouldn't be an all-male collection.

That said, as big a fan as I am of both Lego and Looney Tunes, those minifigs just didn't work for me. They all just look like humans wearing masks. I think the Muppets are a more successful minifig series overall.

Haywire

Citizen
I thought Marvin the Martian worked okay, and I got a couple of him, but Looney Tunes was not Lego's best example of minifigures capturing their likenesses. The Muppets really do work better.

Also, can I just say, I really miss Lego Dimensions! A Muppet level pack would have ruled that game!

Top Bottom