Legends of Tomorrow - CW TV series

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah. Parody can only get you so far Before it starts to grate. Moreplot, less pastiche, one can only hope.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Well, this episode was a bit more drama and tension seeing as how Nate had to cope with what he accidentally did in the previous episode, while also dodging gangsters and kidnappers.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
While the season is now on hiatus until January, last night The CW aired an animated TV special titled Beebo Saves Christmas. Yep, the very same Beebo from this show is now the star of his own Christmas special.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, I watched that last night. It was...fine.

Look, I feel like we don't get a lot of new animated Christmas specials anymore, so it was kind of just nice to see a mostly-new one. I was kind of expecting it to be a little more self-aware or cynical, but they played it mostly straight. I...very much doubt this will go down as a new all-time classic, or even one of those memorable second-tier Christmas specials (like Olive the Other Reindeer, Robbie the Reindeer, or Noel the Happy Christmas Ornament 1992). It's probably closer to one of those truly forgotten Christmas specials, like Santa vs the Snowman, The Family Circus Christmas, or Jingle Bell Rock 1995.

Still...it's pleasant. Forgettably so, but...there's worse out there. And...now Beebo has LORE, so...I wonder if the other characters will end up showing up in Legends, now.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I did like the voice cast.

Ben Diskin as Beebo was consistent with his having already voiced the Beebo toys in the show, and it's pretty cool that he got the lead starring role in a primetime TV special. I'm also now convinced that Diskin could voice Buster Bunny from Tiny Toon Adventures should Charlie Alder ever need a stand-in (Heaven forbid any negative reasons for such).

Yvette Nicole Brown and Ernie Hudson as Turbo and Santa Claus, respectively, were nice surprises that I didn't see coming. Brown's as chipper and likable as ever and Hudson was pretty funny as Santa.

Keith Ferguson was also pretty funny as the grumpy Fleeblo, Kimiko Glenn was perfectly cast as the social media addict Tweebo, and I'm glad that Chris Kattan's Sprinkles wasn't just straight up evil but just trying to do what he thought was for the greater benefit of Christmas, as misguided as it was, which gave him some additional depth. All of the characters had some depth to them, even, which was cool.

Top Bottom