Legends Of The Hidden Temple Rebooted On CW

spikeriley

Citizen

Yeah, I have been seeing the episodes on the CW lately, as I was told this was a thing, and TBH, while it's okay, it could do without interrupting the action with interviews.

You can see it on the CW site and channel, as it airs new episodes every Sunday night, then puts it on stream the following day.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I'll pass. While I loved Legends of the Hidden Temple as a child...that was as a child. I don't feel like the gameshow would translate very well as your prototypical survival show challenge run. Unless the Temple Guardians are actively hunting the contestants and CW's skirting around airing actual episodes of The Most Dangerous Game by playing on generational nostalgia.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I've been kind of skimming each episode, mostly watching the little "animated" mythology retellings that give the prize of the day their backstory. Those are kind of fun, slightly tongue in cheek.

Otherwise, it's a obstacle-course gameshow. It's not bad, but it can get a little repetitive. It seems like you'd really have to memorize the layout of the hidden temple itself in order to actually win it all, though. And maybe get lucky with a few randomly closed-off doors. I've got some nostalgia for the old show, but...maybe not enough to watch almost the same challenges each week.

Last edited:

spikeriley

Citizen
I've been kind of skimming each episode, mostly watching the little "animated" mythology retellings that give the prize of the day their backstory. Those are kind of fun, slightly tongue in cheek.

Otherwise, it's a obstacle-course gameshow. It's not bad, but it can get a little repetitive. It seems like you'd really have to memorize the layout of the hidden temple itself in order to actually win it all, though. And maybe get lucky with a few randomly closed-off doors. I've got some nostalgia for the old show, but...maybe not enough to watch almost the same challenges reach week.

That is true. Maybe they keep changing it to avoid awarding too much king's ransoms.

Top Bottom