Legend of Vox Machina

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
(does a thread on a dungeons and dragons tv show belong here or General Discussion? Anyhow...)

I know Critical Role and Matthew Mercer by names but watching cuz it got recommended.

Saw first two eps. Predictable. Usual characters. Don't like the swearing but that's me.

Animation looks really nice. Scanlan is the one I like cuz he stands out (haha).

What the hex is the guy with the pepperbox gun? Artificer? Assassin?

Checking the other eps but seems to be normal so far.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Watched thru the series. Really enjoyed it.

I found Grog's need to punctuate scenes with a dumb comment grating after a while, but everything else flowed fairly naturally.

I hope its successful enough for a second season.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I enjoyed most of it. Had a few moments I could of done with out.

After Scanlan I may never look at 2003 Donatello the same ever again....

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
2003 Donatello and Scanlan have the same voice actor?! Haha!

Saw ep3. Ok, I initially thought the show would be more comedy but this just went Hellsing on me. And I rather liked it. Vax in danger was very tense and Percy being furious was well done.

Scanlan's song was stupid funny.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Also think that Grog's VA is also Roy Mustang off of Fullmetal Alchemist.... It's kind of bonkers to see.

The Voice cast was treasure trove of VA stars truthfully. I mean I know that's the background behind Critical Role after all, but was surprised to hear David Tennent in the first couple episodes.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Breezed through the rest of the season. I was under the assumption that we'd get several different adventures, since the first two eps is one complete (ish) campaign. But everything after really is about the Briarwoods.

It was a ton of fun. Could have done without the prerequisite lovey dovey (and could have done more of the must lust of Scanlan, haha, kidding, not kidding). They could have cut out one of two episodes (like the acid trap. But not Scanlan's solo mission).

Frey Kiki and Pike are overpowered but, eh, what can you do. I thought for sure Scanlan would re use the shapeshifting spell he was joking around with. Too bad they left the bear behind.

I thought the couple were both vampires but it was really just the guy.

The violence and style of Percy just really got into Hellsing. Probably shared some voice actor work too, haha.

Anyway, is cool cool cool.

Top Bottom