Legacy Line Wish List

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
If your trying to do visual comparisons find photos and don't count on people to click a dozen links.

But as far as the BW characters, they technically are within the G1 continuity most of the time so why would they be changed? If anything the only universes that should be changed much visually would be every series from Animated forward. RiD 2001 and the UT generally don't have designs that need much redesign to fit within G1 unless you really rewind to in reality toy G1. And most times what would be the point of doing characters that mostly resemble their G1 selves most of the time anyways?

So here's the harsh reality we got to accept in Legacy. We aren't getting new accurate toys of characters from series outside G1. We are getting toys of characters outside of G1 that are filtered through a modern g1 aesthetic. You can be angry that your characters aren't going to look like you want them completely or enjoy the funhouse mirror effect and be glad that these characters are getting some love.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Override and Metroplex with their very accurate Cybertron designs say "Hi."
Reread the whole thing again. The UT series aren't far enough outside design wise to warrant changes to fit within a modern G1 look. They may be a bit more tech greebly but they aren't anything that needs to change in order to fit in.

MrBlud

Citizen
I feel like most of the Animated cast is different “enough” with either deco, bot mode, or vehicle mode that there wouldn’t really be much overlap.

Ratchet I feel is probably the closest and they could get around *that* by doing the Cybertronian mode.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I feel given some creative molding they could do Legacy Armada Megatron and Animated Shockwave out of the same base mold.

And I agree that most Animated versions of the characters are distinctive enough to warrant their own version in some way. The only ones I wouldn’t think would matter too much would be Bee, although a Wasp would be cool.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I'd argue the Kingdom/Legacy Beast Wars toys aren't accurate. They dropped the stylized animal alt-modes for way, way more realistic ones.

Rattrap has rat nards, for crying out loud.
It bugs me some that they went more realistic for Tarantulas, yet he still looks more like a wolf spider than a tarantula. He still looks like he'll be the best of the new Beasts, but I feel somewhat like they should've just gone cartoon with his beast mode if they weren't going to go full tarantula. Been waiting so many years for a realistic tarantula mode... Ah, well. Maybe they'll do IDW Tarantulas sometime (but probably not).

(Yes, I know Tarantulas didn't look full tarantula in the cartoon)

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
When you think about it, only the Beast Wars MPs have really tried to be cartoon-accurate for the Season 1 beast modes. Even the original toyline pretended it was going for realistic beasts, but the limitations of mid-90s toy engineering combined with the need for them to also transform into robots (which also the first TF toyline to ever try doing so for every toy across the board in 1996-1997), plus the need to add color to some of them to make them really pop, resulted in only somewhat realistic animal designs.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I totally get the appeal of more aesthetic-accurate releases that continue their lines. Would welcome those, as some of the compromises/blended styles in Legacy aren't quite landing for me.

But some are, so those are cool too. It's kind of like when First Edition Bulkhead came about: it was the Animated-originating character with recognizable design cues but in a different aesthetic that still looked good. Vaguely reminds me of Cybertron, which had the old "little of everything" in an aesthetic that was overall cohesive.

Ultimately, though, the thing I guess I want most for Legacy is good fiction. (I almost said "any fiction at all" but I remembered the War for Cybertron Trilogy.) You've got this smorgasbord of characters to revisit and/or flesh out, so many possible dream matches and meet-ups, and it's just kind of sad that there's absolutely nothing going on. Without anything to give it scale or direction it's just flat, a grab bag of names and "member this, we redid it" arranged in waves.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Tarantulas looking like a wolf spider oddly works for me. It's obviously wrong (His name is Tarantulas) but the stance of the legs creeps me out way more than a realistic tarantula would. It just looks like it's going to teleport somewhere the second I reach for the flyswatter, while real tarantulas look sluggish.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Eh. Big Spider is Big Spider to me. They both would squash they same. Granted I'd be more up in arms with BlackArachnia's spider mode. It would be weird if she wasn't a Widow.

Either way though I think Tarrantulas' coloring isn't natural whichever way they went.

SeeveeRay

Citizen
It's kind of like saying a kitten would squash the same as a puppy... But... okay. :confused: I only wonder if Tarantulas has any itchy-hair throwing abilities or not. Not that he ever did on the show, so maybe he never was a tarantula after all? He does look good and pettable anyway, so I didn't hesitate to pre-order him or anything. And now that I think about it, I'm glad they didn't give him nine eyes instead of eight. Now Rattrap won't have a counting problem. EDIT: Oh, but I guess Tarantulas would be an old-world tarantula. They don't have the hair-flicking power. I should've thought about that earlier, but I'm just too stressed out now, I suppose.

Oh, and I left Dion off my list of characters I'd like to see made as toys, even though I'm interested. I guess I forgot about him just like Alpha Trion did.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
So, I’m going to stop back in and wish for some more Throttlebots, now that I got Goldbug. Wide load and Rollbar are maybe out of contention, but the other 3 are COMPLETELY within reason with (by current design team standards, it seems) relatively little retooling. New feet, maybe a new back end for Chase and Freeway, new heads, easy peezy!

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I wouldn’t say never. With Animated possibly coming to Legacy. The Animated Constructicons could be great additions. Simple remold of one could give Wideload.

they call me Stretch. Lol

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
He's already been mentioned in this thread, but Flame is probably the Marvel original character I'd want to see done next.

Feel like he doesn't get talked about nearly as much as Impactor and Straxus and what not, but he's got such striking colors. He's like Hot Rod's unpleasant uncle.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I feel like most of the Animated cast is different “enough” with either deco, bot mode, or vehicle mode that there wouldn’t really be much overlap.

Ratchet I feel is probably the closest and they could get around *that* by doing the Cybertronian mode.
I would have said Bumblebee.

MrBlud

Citizen
Really? Black stripe, siren, different vehicle.

After Prowl, he’s probably the most different IMO.

SeeveeRay

Citizen
Animated Ratchet has the hood belly, the shoulder pads, and the broken horn. He also has a lot more red in his color scheme than G1 Ratchet. They shouldn't need to do the Cybertronian mode if they made him (unless two Ratchets aren't allowed to be ambulances?). Of course I'd expect the head-sculpt to actually look like him...

I think they could do most of the Animated cast in a more "G1 style" without worrying much about overlap (so possibly not Rodimus or Cyclonus or Wheeljack, I guess).

Top Bottom