Izzy Moonbow, Tennis Champion

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
large.png

In this thread we talk about Izzy Moonbow. She's infectiously happy. She's got a tennis ball on her horn. And most importantly, she's everything they tried to do with Pinkie Pie but actually done well. Not once in the entire movie did she have me thinking "This is going to get old." She was lovable from start to finish.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
That's the weird thing. Pinkie was easily my leadt favorite in FiM. In fact, many times I downright couldn't stand her.

Yet even though she basically fills the same roll, I absolutely love Izzy.

She's never going to live down that tennis ball. Even if it never gets referenced even again in the series, she's never going to live it down.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's hard for me to pin down what the actual difference is. It's the same role. She's just vaguely done better in some way.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Pinkie had a habit of not noticing/caring how her antics affected others (Luna Eclipsed being the prime example). Sure Izzy was kinda oblivious to the terrified yelling and screaming of the earth ponies when she first met them. But is just seemed not as...jerkish...as much as a true misunderstanding.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I guess the difference is that Izzy is oblivious in a way that never actively makes the situation worse. The chaos just happens around her. She doesn't provoke further chaos.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
She also isn't bouncing off the walls like Pinkie Pie tended to do. At most she's...happily bouncing in place. If Pinkie was at a 12 most of the time, I'd say Izzy's working at about a 8. She's got energy, but she doesn't have Pinkie's unblinking hyper-focus. Izzy seems the kind to go with the flow, rather than to force the flow to happen.

As for her role in the upcoming show...I actually kind of see her in mostly a supporting role, honestly. If anyone needs anything made, she'll probably have a hoof in it. And I guess she's going to have to learn how to actually USE magic, since no unicorn has had magic for generations. We didn't really get to see her use magic at the end of the movie, so I wonder how she'll use magic in her art projects and the like?

I could see one episode where she up-cycles something she shouldn't. Like a ancient artifact or a robot or something.

Shadewing

Citizen
That's the weird thing. Pinkie was easily my leadt favorite in FiM. In fact, many times I downright couldn't stand her.

Yet even though she basically fills the same roll, I absolutely love Izzy.

She's never going to live down that tennis ball. Even if it never gets referenced even again in the series, she's never going to live it down.

This is exactly where I am. I generally loath FIM, EQ Pinkie is more tolerable, but Izzy is perfect. I love her, easily my favorite of the 5 atm.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Another thing I'm noticing is while Izzy is silly, she's still on topic. It is possible to have a sensible conversation with her. You can follow her train of thought and she can follow someone else's. Pinkie lives in her own nonsense universe. Izzy just lives in the most optimistic possible perception of the universe around her.

She's Ichabod.

ddq4lCm.png

Top Bottom