I'm Making a Mega Man Thread. My fate is sealed. I have... no choice.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Hmm, maybe that redone one would be better with the effects the first one had (the echoing fade out).

But I kiiiiinda like the original, cuz of nostalgia, hehe

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
This is tangentially Mega Man related.

So, remember when Inafune kick started Mighty No 9, and ALSO wanted to do a Mega Man Legends "successor" at the same time? It was called Red Ash and there was a pretty big backlash about it, since MN9 wasn't developing very smoothly

Well, he actually managed to get a anime OVA made back in 2017. And the Studio that made it just put it up on youtube, but only for the next month. It's...actually pretty okay. Kind of gives us an idea of what might have been.

Turn on closed captioning in order to get English subtitles.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I liked it, but I'm not sure how involved Inafune was. I think the game version was poised to be a little different.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

While the Legacy Collections are pretty much superior to this as far as the games go, and Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium has you covered for the arcade games, there's still some bonus content on these you won't find anywhere else -- like Mega Man: Battle & Chase for NA on Mega Man X Collection, which also has the PlayStation version of Mega Man X3 -- something missing from the Legacy Collection.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Second trailer:

Mr. Famous goes into more detail:

Also? They're running the anime on YouTube:

10 episodes are up now, and will remain until the end of May 2023. The NT Warrior version doesn't go up until next year, though. =\

Also got some new merch over in Japan:

Pre-orders for the game are up on Amazon:

https://twitter.com/Protodude/status/1602969521413054464

Switch version here.

And finally...

Come by and celebrate Mega Man's 35th anniversary with us! Talk about the story, the latest Battle Network Legacy Collection news, or anything else Mega Man!

Top Bottom