I'm Making a Mega Man Thread. My fate is sealed. I have... no choice.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I always wondered why Duo, of all characters, was included. If it's really to promote Rickman 8, well, that makes sense.

Dang, I remember Ian Flynn putting in a Quatro or a Trio in the Archie Megaman comic, to continue the Duo and evil guy story! Such a shame it didn't continue!

If you have news on releases, will MegaMan Powered Up be released in Switch somehow? That's the one I really want to play. I want to see Fireman's personality shine through. (Odd that Flynn didn't give him much page time in the comic)

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If you have news on releases, will MegaMan Powered Up be released in Switch somehow? That's the one I really want to play. I want to see Fireman's personality shine through. (Odd that Flynn didn't give him much page time in the comic)
Nothing on this. Wouldn't hold my breath. They couldn't even get the blasted thing to run as a download on the digital platforms, last I heard.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Sudden side thing about the Archie Megaman series but someone must have asked Ian Flynn about this or he answered in a bumblecast or whatever.

I was looking at audio fan readings of the Archie comics (funny to see how people imagined the Robot Masters sounded, hehe) but at the end of the MegaMan 3 adaptation, why did Ian Flynn decide to offline these particular eight Robot Masters from 2 and 3?

I remember there was a robot museum at Rockman and Forte so I assumed they would be placed there but what was their story purpose that Flynn never got to write?

Like, would this have been a Stardroid or Roboenza thing where everybody got hurt or deactivated or infected so the offline bots are reactivated and brought in as a last minute rescue squad?

And why these guys? Half and half of 2 and 3. Some guys are meant for fighting (and didn't want to become workers) but some puzzle me, especially Topman. He seemed peaceful enough that he would have been happy to be reprogrammed to be a functional member of society.

Quickman - violent? Made for fighting.
Geminiman - he said he was experimental
Heatman - was he violent? I remember he was just relieved to find a temperature regulator on him.
Crashman - can't remember if he was violent too.

Magnetman, Metalman - could have been useful
Needleman - Flynn made him so he knits. He would have welcomed being productive.
Topman - I would have loved to see him find a good job. He wasn't even a fighter. I recall he was surprised to see his spinning punch attack work.

Anyway, I always wondered about Flynn's idea behind their choice. It was a very emotional and dicey thing he wrote. About being reprogrammed to be peaceful equating to destroying your personality. That's deep.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-12-13-43-36-935_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-12-13-43-36-935_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 71

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
This only got a answer fairly recently, actually:
(1:17:43)

Here's some other answers on the general subject:
(1:31:18)
(1:00:26)

At the time, I thought he might have been setting up a Game Boy Mega Man adaptation, since different robot masters would have had to return there (And introduce the Mega Man Killers). But, these don't line up 1:1 to any of the Game Boy games bosses. The closest is Mega Man II, but it's not 100%. Ian does say he was maybe planning to combine Gameboy 1-IV, though later on in the first video, though, so....

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Whoa, thanks for the actual time stamps! You must have searched for them, thanks!

Whoops, the museum was at game 7 and not Rockman and Forte, my mistake. And Gutsman was suppose to be rebuilt for evil then decommissioned too? Ok.

Shame Flynn couldn't say what would have happened to bring them back, aw. I wanted happy endings for the bots.

Also super awesome he mentioned Reboot, haha!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I've never been a huge fan of Megaman, but I do have some nostalgia for it. So I got this last night.

9A0FBEB0-7184-481D-B45B-7F6E23109426.jpeg

E0405346-9120-4B28-8C7A-5F83471B8E43.jpeg

I started with 11 on the easiest mode because that's just how I roll.

I know I could just Google each individual game and get the suggested order of stages for these games, but I don't suppose anyone would know of a one-stop place to find them?

Thefakelink

Citizen
I've never been a huge fan of Megaman, but I do have some nostalgia for it. So I got this last night.

View attachment 9424
View attachment 9425

I started with 11 on the easiest mode because that's just how I roll.

I know I could just Google each individual game and get the suggested order of stages for these games, but I don't suppose anyone would know of a one-stop place to find them?
MMHP.net is a great one-stop place for every game.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Vacuum! Haha! Totally remember doing that a ton.

The in game memory revelation about the monkey (whatsisname?) blew my mind when I played it before.

Top Bottom