IDW to Lose the Transformers License?

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Ruckley's ongoing comic will end at issue #43 on May 25, the same day that the final War's End issue comes out. Both will be "extra-long" $6 issues, to be followed up on in June by a Transformer Special 2022.

Oh wow, that's a bit sooner than expected. I thought they'd go until near the end of the year. I fear we will almost certainly not get anything approaching a satisfying ending.

Some interesting choices for those 2020 G2 covers. A guy whose only memorable moment is getting slagged, and a guy who shows up in the background a few times.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
Oh wow, that's a bit sooner than expected. I thought they'd go until near the end of the year. I fear we will almost certainly not get anything approaching a satisfying ending.

The initial announcement did say things would wrap up by summer. But only 3 issues left seems crazy.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
So...this isn't acutally "news", but...it's potentially interesting.

Spoilers for Image Comic's Crossover #12 by Donny Cates below, just in case anyone but me was reading that.
In today's issue, we get to see Negan (from The Walking Dead) smash up a giant Diaclone Powered Convoy looking Optimus Prime right before he goes to kill Robert Kirkman in his incredible self-indulgent mansion full of statues of characters from Invincible, Science Dog, and Super Dinosaur alongside his three copies of Action Comics #1, (...the comic is REALLY meta).

It just makes me wonder if either Donny Cates or Robert Kirkman himself might end up working on the Transformer books...or that the deal broke down and Hasbro's going with someone else. Seems like it's winking at...something. Mind you, there's also what looks like some Super Mario Bros references, so who knows whats going on behind the scenes.

Fair warning...the issue gets real gory.

The Phazer

Citizen

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
OH MAN.

Thunder Clash AND Flash AND Rotorstorm, that would've been wonderful. I'm glad this cover exists in some form.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I can read the caption that says "Graham Thompson's speculative TF 333". Could you read where I said "in some form"?

Top Bottom