IDW Little Fillies #3

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Previously, in the Allsparkle Book Club...
3009988.png

All Fluttershy wanted was to be the very best, was that so much to ask?

We now continue our descent into madness with...
STL253692.jpg

(Rainbow Dash is wishing she could read this issue, too)

Chapter 3: "I wish you were all going, but as you can't, I shall keep my adventures to tell you when I come back."

Well, the good news is I actually managed to get to my local comic shop this week! The bad news is...they got shorted and didn't get the issue in. Because my life is a punchline. Sometimes smaller comic shops just...don't get the comics they order. It's a thing. It's happened with IDW a few times in the past. We'll see about next week. Maybe. I might have to just break down and order it online. But, the thread's up for everyone else.

Dvandom

Citizen
I've shifted to mail order that comes at the end of the month (the store I switched to last year has discontinued local weekly pickup and returned to purely mail order), so I'll see this issue in a few weeks.

---Dave

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
My comic shop got my issue in!

This issue seems to be covering Chapters 9 through...Chapter 35?! Geez! They aren't kidding when they say a lot of stuff starts happening this issue! I wasn't even sure we'd GET to "Little Women Part 2", which was originally a separate book, from what I understand.

And, it's about what you'd expect at this point. Still solid all around. I'm still recommending it, even though it's weird. 'Nuff said.

...Onto spoilers anyway, though...
"It's not like we're putting out a 22 page comic on a monthly schedule." Breaking the fourth wall on the very first panel of the comic. They're not holding back at this point. You either love this or hate this. Luckily, I kind of love it.

Rainbow/Jo and Applejack/Laurie playing paper football against each other is cute, even though it's a little hard to parse what's happening at first.

"I want to study with Celestia and Luna about magic, and friendship, and the magic of friendship" Twilight/Meg has a WIDE variety of interests. Never let anyone tell you different

D'AWWW....Applejack/Laurie got Rainbow/Jo a journal and she gave her a bag of apple seeds. That's just cute.

This is Fluttershy/Beth's last issue...don't let the door hit you on the way out! *Pinkie bursts in and bops her with the door* Too late...

"We even got a pretty famous parody singer to play your husband (Cheese)" Heh, cute.

"You can never have too many cupcakes! They cover all 5 food groups: Sugar, Frosting, Cake, Sprinkles, and More Sugar!" Pinkie/Marmee's philosophy is horrifying...yet intriguing...

Rainbow/Jo sells her hair....color so that Pinkie/Marmee can go help Cheese/Father/Robert with the cat and dog war. Emo-Dash WILL be a thing. (WE'RE EMO!!!!) She actually looks pretty cute with black hair. But...it's weird that they can just suck out the colors of pony's manes like that. Who's working at that salon, Murky and Lurky?

"I shall never sign a 10 picture deal to create a Marmee cinematic universe" Pinkie/Marmee WILL NOT be out-meta'd!

And, two pages later, Fluttershy/Beth has Discord/Discord fix Rainbow/Jo's hair. Not a lot of time to really wring this out for drama. (And, like they say, it's not as much fun for the colorist). Again, some of these hairstyles look cute on Emo-Dash. I kind of like the one that covers one eye, myself.

No one wants to help Fluttershy/Beth save the animals in the rain...you killed her, girls. This was completely preventable in this version, and you did NOTHING! *SIGH* I've been dreading this (Even though, I did peek at Silverquil's review on Equestria Daily, so I know what happened before I read it...it's been a long week, okay?). Fluttershy/Beth does some pretty heroic things in this one page, too.

Poor little Fluttershy/Beth gets a sneezy widdle cold...that can be heard echoing throughout the entire house. Girl's got lungs!

"I'm afriad she's dead." *Gasp* "TIRED. Dead tired" Discord...you...JERK! Not funny!

Fluttershy/Beth gets sent on a nice little tropical vacation to remove her from the story...*ahem*...I mean "recover". You know, I kind of wish Discord had brought her into "Narrator Space" with him, instead. That way, Fluttershy and Discord could narrate the rest of the story together and Beth could still be "watching over" her family from "beyond"...just in a more meta way, in this version. I think that'd be a nice touch.

*Dust! Spiders! UNREAD COMICS!" The horror...the horror...they aren't even in poly-bags! These fillies are monsters!

"We still have one more issue left*" [*Why are you like this? --Editor]-Heh. Discord's getting on the Editor's nerves. I wonder there's going to be comeuppance in the last issue?

Some of these criticisms Discord/Editor give Rainbow/Jo about her story actually feel like criticisms the real-life author got for THIS very story. I wonder if that's true or if I'm just projecting? It's hard to tell with all this meta flying around.

And Applejack/Laurie offers to bring Rainbow/Jo along with her to Appleloosa, but she turns her down. I...honestly don't know if they're going to change the ending so these two end up together, or if they'll be faithful to the book. Maybe both, somehow, with how meta this has been.

Last edited:

Top Bottom