[IC] Nighthaze - The offical unoffical sequel to STOMP

Shadewing

Citizen
You’re watching:
ZBS All-Access MAX plus
“All of Equestria is watching...”

*Video will play after ad*

The Muck family has been providing Canterlot's military with armaments for ages, but as the world changes, so too does the state of defense. Gone are the days where the royal guard were enough to protect you and your family from harm. And that's why we are so proud that the Mucks are sponsoring today's episode. When it's absolutely, positively gotta go boom, don't just trust any discount grenade, get yourself a Muck Bang.

------NIGHThaze----

The city of Buckingham, was once just a small suburb of Canterlot but has seen much growth as more creatures moved inwards and away from port towns such Caballouston as the seas began to recede. An explosion of population led to quick expansion, fueled by whomever could do the job best... or at least cheaply. This led to the rise of one of the few non-nobility controlled Corporations; FlimFlam Inc, which now controls a majority of the city due to owning most the building and businesses, though much of the money is funnelled away to other FlimFlam Inc properties, such as a resort in Las Pegasus.

Buckingham is one of the few mixing pots left of equestrian culture as even before the sun disappeared it was considered the poor district of Canterlot. Leading to many other races living there and not as many of the unicorn nobility having much to do with things. Which made it easy for the Flim Flam brothers to sweep in and... “modernize” everything. But there are always two sides to every coin, and even with how bleak things have gotten there is still those that bring hope:

‘Equestria has gotten much colder since the sun disappeared, it's harder to keep track of the days, let alone the seasons; so it's easy to forget that Hearth’s Warming is near; and nowadays it's more important than ever to remember the fire of friendship and help out your neighbors.’ reads a sign on a message board out front of Skivey’s Old Fashioned Diner Experience - a subsidiary of FlimFlam Inc. ‘We’re looking for a small group of creatures interested in helping out the community. Those that are interested, meet in Skivey’s VIP room at the below listed date and time. Those that prove their ability will be well compensated for their trouble.’

-----

Skivey’s could almost be considered a fancy restaurant for Buckingham, probably fancy for most of Equestria nowadays, because it claims to still serve the same kind of food it would have served before the sun disappeared. They quickly expanded and were just as quickly bought out to be the premier restaurant chain for all FlimFlam resorts and towns. It had a very rustic look that reminded creatures of better times, so it was almost busy. So some creature that was able to rent out the VIP room, clearly had a good cash flow.

In the backroom Allistair was waiting for the applicants. They were something of an odd creature; they looked almost like a white goat with an androgynous build; except for the teal zebra stripes, a mane that alternated between blue and pink stripes, and jet black cloven hooves and horns that curled around their ears. They were dressed in an expensive looking suit that could be considered a bit odd, being pure black; the coat, the silk shirt, and the necktie, were all black and almost blended in with each other as well as stood out starkly in contrast to the brighter colors of their fur and mane. The zoat, a zebra/goat hybrid, straightened a pair of golden wire-frame glasses on their muzzle as they waited for every creature to arrive.

Hello all, while things are still settling I might be close to having stability again by the end of the year. So, as I need something to get my mind off of things and as a hopeful sign things are getting better; here we are with the Start of Nighthaze!

So right now, this is for introducing your characters and mingling. Feel free to give as much on your character and backstory as you want as to who they are and why they’ve decided to join this rag tag group.

It’s not important if some of you don’t have your character sheets done, as they won’t be needed until we get to the actual mission; but this might help some of you find your voices if needed.

Danaume

Citizen
Kai-Ling comes stepping through the front door of Skivey's, his head bouncing to music playing in a pair of earbuds, his golden mane thrashing and flaring to each bounce in an energetic manner. The Piezoarcane bodysuit he wears has a cutout for a cutiemark on either side of his flank, but as he lacks one, he's stitched in mesh webbing, and hung the FlimP3 player from his hip. He barely seems to pay attention to his surroundings, but always seems to duck and weave at the last moment to miss colliding with the wait staff, patrons, or obstacles, even though his eyes are closed. It's not until he gets to the back room that he stops, rearing back to raise both forehooves and 'Tap tap-tapa-tap-tap' on the door with them before dropping back to all fours, his ruby horn glowing for a moment to tug the buds from his ears and tuck them under his mane.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
A yellow pegasus with a rainbow mohawk touches down and folds her wings as she steps into Skiveys. "Ah! Home!" She says taking a deep breath. Not that she spends a lot of time at Skiveys, but she had been there a few times just because her Grandfather always was talking about how he used to go to the original founding place.

She walked back towards the backroom bopping her head slightly to her earbuds. She nodded respectfully to Kai-Ling and Allistar as she walked into the room. She sat down and said nothing, only kept bopping her head to some tunes for a couple minutes.

After a moment, she rolled her eyes and looked at her phone. "Ugh!" she moaned as she pressed a button. "Hey, Gramps! No I haven't. There's only one other person here. I just...I just got here. I don't even know him! I JUST GOT HERE! Why is this so import...I just...ugh! Okay, okay! Just stop talking about 'back in your day' please! I will. I can't talk to him if I'm talking to you, Gramps. Gramps, *kshhhh* I'm loosing reception, gramps. *pssh* I can't hear you! I can't..."

She sighs heavily as she puts away the phone, takes her ear-buds out of her ears and eyes Kai-Ling. She grudgingly gets up and walks over.

"Hey, I know, I know. You're just sitting here minding your own business until the meeting starts when some strange pegasus walks up and starts trying to talk to you like she's your best choom. But I'm sure you heard my conversation with my Gramps. "Get to know your new friends," he says. "Friends!" Hah! What a pre-net way of speaking. Anyway, my name's Hazy Signal. My choombas...if I had any...you can call me Hazy. Looks like we're both chippin' in with the same crowd."

Danaume

Citizen
Kai lifts one of his cloven hooves to tap against Hazy's in greeting, "Hey, nice to meet ya. I'm Kai-Ling. You can call me Kai if it's easier. What kind of tunes were you listening to?" grinning a bit as he looks the pegasus over and tries to guess her skills, not something he's ever been good at.

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy grins. "Ah, a music lover, eh? Usually I'm listening to Expel 10. They get in my head and tear it to pieces. It helps me get into the right frame of mind when I'm net running. But just now I was listening to some Samurai. Johnny Silverhoof...I've always heard he's a bit of a gonk, but there's no denying the fire he brings to the stage. What've you got?"

Danaume

Citizen
He grins, "Ah... I go for dubclop myself. It just... clicks, you know? When I get into the rhythm, I can forget her, and just... zone out and let the magic flow..."

Caldwin

Citizen
"Her? Tough break, choom. Never had an input myself. Never had a need for them. Inputs...outputs...only ever ends in tears. Good to know the music can help you forget." Hazy takes out her phone and swipes her hoof towards Kai. "Here's some Expel 10 on me. It's more of a synth metal. I'm more into synth metal or punk myself. But if it's good, I'll listen to it."

Danaume

Citizen
Kai blinks a few times, needing to process that, "Oh... oh, no... no input. Sorry. Not what I meant. Don't worry about it." he gives a nod at the shared tunes and swaps some of his favorites back.

Caldwin

Citizen
"Oh!" Hazy murmered, slightly perplexed. So he wasn't dumped by a girlfriend. Did someone in the family die? Well, in any case, it looked like he was past talking about it and far be it for her to pry. "Well, whoever she was, I hope the sitch gets better. Oh, hey! Thanks for the tunes."

Not sure, Hazy awkwardly looks around herself before returning her attention to Kai. "Um...so...um....hmm." She looks around awkwardly again. "So...netrunner...that's me! That's...what I do...netrunning. So...uh..what's your gig?"

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Scarlet walked in then. The blue pegasus was dressed in his customary red formal (ish) suit. Having flown here straight from finishing up in his antique shop, Scarlet was both a little dusty and his cap was at a slightly more jaunty angle than usual, thus making the caps visor cover his left eye a little. As always, Scarlet had his toolkit and gun with him (you can never be too careful), strapped too his sides. His eyes lit as he saw Hazy.

”Hey there Hazy, how’s tricks?”

OOC
Yes, its a ponified Captain Scarlet Uniform. I couln’t resist. :)

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy practically leapt from her chair. There weren't too many ponies in the world she would allow a hug from. But this here was one of them. "Scarlet! You're in this too? Dang! Good to see ya, Choomba!" She turns to let Scarlet get a look at Kai. "Kai, this is Scarlet. His family and my family, we go way back. Scarlet, this is Kai."

Danaume

Citizen
Kai was just about to open his mouth to reply when the other pegasus clopped in and interrupted the conversation, at which point his fur goes jet black, his scales turning from bronze to washed out gray, and his horn going from ruby red to black fading to ash white, his purple eyes fading to featureless white eyes lacking iris or pupil, as his mane, tale, fetlocks and brows burst into a ghostly wash of flames mixed between blue and red as if they can't make up their mind, a gruff girl's voice laughing through a now sharp fang filled mouth in a mocking tone, "Ha! Friend~zoned!" before a moment later Kai is back to how he looked before and he frowns, "Quiet, it wasn't even that kind of conversation, I'm not here to pick up fillies!"

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy's eyes go wide and she stands there stunned for a good long moment before she can reply. "Wha...what was...did I just see...what was that?"

Shadewing

Citizen
"Iiii take it you nnnnever seeeen a Kirinnnn before?" Alistair bleats up with mirth in their eyes, at the shock of the yellow pegasus.

Caldwin

Citizen
"I've...read about them. I just...you know...some things you read are just so gonk...no way it could be real. Besides...not too often I see much of anything outside my my computer room. I tend to eat, sleep and work there."

Hazy sidled up to study Kai a bit closer. "So...you were liking what you were seeing huh?" She snickers. "I should warn you...I don't do the whole getting attached thing."

Danaume

Citizen
Kai blushes, "Hey, that was her comments, not mine... I'm just here for the job!" he protests. "As for what I'm good for, uh... close range magic and melee combat."

Caldwin

Citizen
"Oh," she said, sounding rather dissapointed. "My grandfather was the close, melee combat kind. Spent a lot of time in hospitals. I prefer to hack things from a distance. If they know I'm there, I already messed up." She seemed quite a bit less interested now knowing Kai was a more physical fighter type. Still, she shrugged as she appraised him. "Still, if ever you change your mind...like I said, I'm not much for getting attached, but I'm always looking for a good time."

She then turned her attention to Scarlet. "So what have you been up to?"

Shadewing

Citizen
Alistair shakes his head with a slight huff. "Mussssic poniiiies...." He replies seeing how the pair seem a bit oblivious to each other. "I caaaan alreaady tell thiiiis is gonnnna be an innnteresting mission..."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A very lost arctic explorer in a full snowsuit wanders in, having taken a wrong turn somewhere.

Or so it seems. The world is colder than it used to be.

Now indoors, the explorer shakes his thick hood back, revealing that there is a young stallion somewhere under the snow gear, with beige fur and a brown mane.

Wild Night Cap Appeared.png

Top Bottom