[IC] Nighthaze - The offical unoffical sequel to STOMP

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
A grin crosses Hazy's lips at Scarlet's suggestion. "We get the Heliodryl, Archer takes the fall. I think I like that idea almost as much as punching him in the face."

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“Indeed! He’s already drinking the stuff. It would be SO very fitting, for him to take the fall for it’s ‘disappearance’.

Now That! That would be worth all the risk in the world!”

Turning to Rhapsody, Scarlet added in a conciliatory voice, since he’d heard all the stories from Grandad about her and Night Cap (the original anyway) having a, let’s call it an (understandably) tempestuous relationship based on his work ethic. Or lack thereof. The Night Cap standing here might be borderline uncanny in how much he resembled ‘The’ Night Cap, but still.

”Why not leave the idea of Night Cap taking the fall as a weapon of last resort Ms. Rhapsody. In case we can’t implicate Archer, or my charms fail me.”

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"It's an option. I'm willing to hide until we're sure they've stopped looking for me."

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Tipple scowled. "Before we get carried off with thinking about who gets ratted out, let's focus on the bank f'now. What's our possible entry points? We luck out that this respectable institution comes equipped with a backdoor, or some oversights 'n HVAC design? I didn't clock anything in the montage m'self. But if they've left a button undone somewhere, maybe I can snake inside t' let the rest of you lot in." Tipple folded their forelimbs against their chest as their torso stretched to ferret-like proportions, waggling slightly.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy raised an eyebrow and took a moment before she said, "that's...a neat trick. Wish I'd've known about that before."

I'm not sure what to roll here. I'll have to get home to my computer to see my character sheet. But basically Hazy's searching her memory for anything Tipple described (I'm guessing an air duct or something). Since her roll at the time was pretty bad and she's searching her memory for something she wasn't even looking for at the time, I imagine I'll be roll at quite a disadvantage. So I guess I'm hoping Scarlet is also searching his memory.

EDIT:
I checked my character sheet and I have 5 in Mind. Looking back at my check at the bank, I rolled 5d6 there. So I'm assuming it's the same thing here.

1. Rolling line 1 : 5d6 + 0 to total : 1, 5, 4, 5, 2, TOTAL: 17
So if I'm doing this right, that's 3 successes.

Last edited:

Copper Bezel

Citizen
Tipple returned to normal proportion. "Had t'get it replaced after an accident at the mine. My skeleton I'm saying. Some kinda worker safety standards, that is. Easy enough for them to comp me a new one and say fair's fair, in lieu o' safer practices that might go and make a bigger hole in their bottom line. 'S when I went and got myself reupholstered too, deer don't come in blue and green naturally like you lot."

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy tilts her head and points at the map. "Air vent round about here? I think?"

Copper Bezel

Citizen
"That's the ticket then, get our collective nose 'n the door there an' drop the old drawbridge, and we'll be into their bits and bobs before they know it. If they've got eyes on that spot, we'll have to deal with the cameras first. I can make my own cover for about 15 seconds, but if the vent is feeling disagreeable I might need more than that t' get in."

Shadewing

Citizen
“Indeed! He’s already drinking the stuff. It would be SO very fitting, for him to take the fall for it’s ‘disappearance’.

Now That! That would be worth all the risk in the world!”

Turning to Rhapsody, Scarlet added in a conciliatory voice, since he’d heard all the stories from Grandad about her and Night Cap (the original anyway) having a, let’s call it an (understandably) tempestuous relationship based on his work ethic. Or lack thereof. The Night Cap standing here might be borderline uncanny in how much he resembled ‘The’ Night Cap, but still.

”Why not leave the idea of Night Cap taking the fall as a weapon of last resort Ms. Rhapsody. In case we can’t implicate Archer, or my charms fail me.”

"It might be all he's good for, but yes; I suppose I agree that we should follow other courses first."

"It's an option. I'm willing to hide until we're sure they've stopped looking for me."

"Yes, I am sure you would." Rhapsody says with an air of annoyance.

"That's the ticket then, get our collective nose 'n the door there an' drop the old drawbridge, and we'll be into their bits and bobs before they know it. If they've got eyes on that spot, we'll have to deal with the cameras first. I can make my own cover for about 15 seconds, but if the vent is feeling disagreeable I might need more than that t' get in."

"Alright, so we have our course set then?"

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy uses a wing to tap her chin. "Tipps sneaks in through the vents and gets me inside. I get to the security room and take out the cameras. Captain uses his card to get into the vault and take the heliodryl. Moony takes care of any unwanted attention...no killing. Night...is the wildcard."

Hazy takes a deep breath. "It sounds simple enough. Of course, no plan ever survives contact with the enemy. So I hope everyone here can improvise when things go south." She looks around gravely at her comrades. "Other than that, yeah, I guess the course is set."

Copper Bezel

Citizen
"Improvisation is just applied preparedness, I'd say," Tipple contemplated. "Is there anything we can bodge together in the security room to pin Archer or one of his close, personal enemies as setting up the hit?"

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy thought for a moment. "Since we just gave Moony a treatment, may I assume that we now have an empty vial of heliodryl?"

Shadewing

Citizen
A reminder that Pence, the Bank Manager, and Archer are brothers, so maybe something in Pence's office could be used to help the frame up.

Rhapsody nods to Hazy. "Yes, we could get you an empty vial easily."

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Scarlet lets and evil grin spread across his face.

”Perfect! Plant that on him and implication is set. His big show earlier made sure everybody knows he drinks the stuff. So an empty deposit box, combined with a suspiciously empty vial…” He let the rest trail off into an equally evil, yet happy, chuckle.

”Also, I‘m willing to bet that while Pence Sterling might still care for his brother. I doubt he’ll be to broken up about him ‘falling from grace’. Plus, his office is right by the vault. Maybe we could make use of that?”

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
A moment of realization hit Hazy. "Wait...wait, wait. Archer actually owns that Heliodryl anyway. So planting it on him..." Hazy sighed. "I don't know. If we don't find anything else, I guess it's worth a shot. But also something to think about, Archer and the bank manager are brothers, and they didn't seem to get along. Maybe we could find something in the managers office to implicate Archer. It's slim, but it would be nice to have something more solid than Archer trying to steal something that belongs to him anyway."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"If pinning it on him doesn't get him in trouble, that does make it less likely that trouble could lead back to us."

Shadewing

Citizen
"Pinning it on Archer in someway seems like a good idea. He is a blight on this community. But if you're not able to, don't get hung up on. The important thing is just getting the Heliodryl and getting out. Those in need of it to live, like Moony, are more important in the long run."

Top Bottom