[IC] Nighthaze - The offical unoffical sequel to STOMP

Shadewing

Citizen
Tipple didn't have much to say as they followed Moonbeam and the priest, until Moonbeam had had her shot and finally passed out and the room was quiet. "I can give her a looking over if it'll help," they said to Rhapsody. "I don't guess I'm an expert but I know a thing or two from keeping myself together over the years. An' I've got a steady hoof." They kept looking back at Moonbeam in her sad little pile.

After the injection, and Moonbeam passing out; there wasn't much for Charity to do, and leaves the group be. Rhapsody looks to the deer and nods. "If you feel like you can handle it, I'll not turn down your offer to help look her over." Rhapsody says with a soft smile.

Kai slinks out of the basement chamber, not really up for debating a priestess. Moonbeam is being taken care of, and Hazy and Scarlet are heading out on their scout mission, so there's nothing to do but wait...

"We shouldn't be here..."

"You'd rather be out on the street? It's best to stay hidden until after the job's done."
"...it's not our job..."

"Yeah, well it pays the bills, and these ponies need help, clearly."
"...if the Alicorns did their job, nobody would need help..."

"For all we know, they are doing their job, or trying to, the Princesses..."
"SHOULD BURN! They let our mother and sisters get raped, our brothers get bound in chains, our village be destroyed and burried in the ice..."

"Then show me a Kirin or a Nirik strong enough to raise or lower the sun or moon..."
"Let me free and my fires will set the world aglow like the dawn of a dark and terrible sun..."

"Grow up."
"We can't... the ponies saw to that..."

"Oh Sweetie, you know talking to yourself is a bad sign?" Charity asks as she overhears the converstation and tries to lighten the mood a bit as they walk over. "Kiriin aren't the only ones to have it hard. "Deer like Tipple are just barely holding on to their culture. And then there are the Changelings, when was the last time anyone seen one of them? If they aren't extinct, then they're all hiding. At the very least you got some friends, doncha Sweetie?"

Danaume

Citizen
Kai lets out a startled sound at the interjection from the unicorn that he didn't know had followed him out, dropping into a ready stance as his legs burst into flames for a moment before he calms himself enough to extinguish them. He takes a breath and shifts, frowning a little as he tries to regain some composure, "Yeah, well... according to the lore, Nirik can only hiss and set things on fire, so I try not to discourage her from talking when we're alone... you weren't supposed to hear that. I left for a reason."

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
After the injection, and Moonbeam passing out; there wasn't much for Charity to do, and leaves the group be. Rhapsody looks to the deer and nods. "If you feel like you can handle it, I'll not turn down your offer to help look her over." Rhapsody says with a soft smile.
Tipple looked back to Moonbeam, squinted, then smacked a cleft hoof in their face. "Oy, right, I never got back to the pad for my tools," they said. They looked the filly over for a long moment, taking in all the augmentation. "Maybe I'm outta my weight class, not like I've got real experience with suntech. I just wish I could be doing something insteada nothing, you know?" Tipple slumped their head a bit. "I should go an' get my things for the run. She seems like she's in good hooves." Tipple turned to head back upstairs.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap watches as the chamber continues to empty. Great. Now it's awkward.

He addresses no one in particular, finally breaking his silence.

"Does no one want to be in here when Scarlet and Hazy get back?"

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hazy grins at Scarlet as they narrowly escape the grandparents. "In my day..." She says in a singsong voice, offering Scarlet a hoof bump. "Narrow escape, eh, 'Junior'?"

“During the summer of…,” Scarlet echoed. “Did you lnow i got…”

Scarlet returns the hoof bump, then gives her a half- aggravated, half-put on scowl at ’Junior’.

”Don’t you start, ‘Big Sis’! I get enough of that from him. And Mom and Dad.”

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Hazy gives a hearty laugh and gives Scarlet a playful nudge. "C'mon, Scarlet. Let's get to the bank." And a little more silently, "and between you and me, I was making more fun of them than you."

Shadewing

Citizen
Kai lets out a startled sound at the interjection from the unicorn that he didn't know had followed him out, dropping into a ready stance as his legs burst into flames for a moment before he calms himself enough to extinguish them. He takes a breath and shifts, frowning a little as he tries to regain some composure, "Yeah, well... according to the lore, Nirik can only hiss and set things on fire, so I try not to discourage her from talking when we're alone... you weren't supposed to hear that. I left for a reason."

Charity giggles softly. "Oh my, and if we believed that kinda stuff; then we'd be worshipping the Alicorns as gods. Luckily this church, and a few others are smarter then that." She replies and nods. "Yes, well I didn't follow you, not intentionally. I left to fetch some more supplies, but while I was heading to the supply room I overheard you talking. Sorry sweetie, I hadn't meant to startle you; I guess I'm just good at blending into the background." She says with a bright grin.

--------

Tipple looked back to Moonbeam, squinted, then smacked a cleft hoof in their face. "Oy, right, I never got back to the pad for my tools," they said. They looked the filly over for a long moment, taking in all the augmentation. "Maybe I'm outta my weight class, not like I've got real experience with suntech. I just wish I could be doing something insteada nothing, you know?" Tipple slumped their head a bit. "I should go an' get my things for the run. She seems like she's in good hooves." Tipple turned to head back upstairs.

Night Cap watches as the chamber continues to empty. Great. Now it's awkward.

He addresses no one in particular, finally breaking his silence.

"Does no one want to be in here when Scarlet and Hazy get back?"

Rhapsody nods to Tipple. "Go and be quick, if you need I am sure that the Nightshine Sisters can take you." She says as the deer rushes up the stairs. She then turns to the lone horse left from the group, narrowing her brow at him. "I don't know if you're really him, a relative, some sorta temporal displacement, a clone, or whatever; and I don't really care. If I find that you are a liability to this group, I will take measures to fix that; regardless how you might charm your teammates." She states simply, she wasn't angry but to anycreature else she would be cold and clearly had no faith in this pony... but how knew how this Night Cap viewed reality, the last one definitely lived in his own world.

-----------

“During the summer of…,” Scarlet echoed. “Did you lnow i got…”

Scarlet returns the hoof bump, then gives her a half- aggravated, half-put on scowl at ’Junior’.

”Don’t you start, ‘Big Sis’! I get enough of that from him. And Mom and Dad.”

Hazy gives a hearty laugh and gives Scarlet a playful nudge. "C'mon, Scarlet. Let's get to the bank." And a little more silently, "and between you and me, I was making more fun of them than you."

As the air arrive at the bank, then find that is it moderately busy, with plenty of creatures; mostly ponies, doing business there. Several guards could be seen, with one watching the teller desk as there already a bit of commotion going on with a tall unicorn that was clearly upper class, as the black turtleneck sweater he wore looked to be much higher quality then what most would find at Flammart. "Do you not know who I am?" He asks, as he swirls a drink with his magic.

"Yes sir, we know exactly who you are, but that doesn't mean you can just barge in to see the manager whenever you wish."

"Is he really that busy to not see his brother? I just got a... small... request of him. I'm sure he's not gonna come up... short." He says with a roguish grin, but gets none in return for what he seems to think is clever word play.

The teller just sighs, "I shall pass on a message to him. What is it that you want this time, sir?"

"Geez, you'd think he could afford better help. At least some with a sense of humor." The tall unicorn says with a sigh. "I'm just wanting to make sure that items will be ready for this evening; I got a big party and I need to make sure everything is perfect."

It was then that the door to back hallway opens, and through them an earth pony of small stature walks through and over to the annoying unicorn. "Lunadamnit Archer, I am NOT your butler, and my Bank is not some damn party supply store!" He shouts up to apparently his brother.

"Pence! Oh there you are! I almost didn't see you down there! Do you need a stool or a step ladder to talk with the big colts?"

Pence growls, you could almost hear the steam whistling from his ears. "GET OUT OF HERE NOW! IF you don't I'll dispose of all your Heliodryl personally. Yer not supposed to be drinking the stuff anyways!"

Archer holds up a hoof as he finishes his drink, seemign non-plusses by his brother's threats. "Fine, I suppose I'll be the... bigger stallion and leave. See ya later... little brother." He says with a laugh and walks off, while Pence yells after him. "I'M A YEAR OLDER THEN YOU!" Pence says with a huff, and stomps back to his office, looking like he now has a severe headache.

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy burned with anger. Moony was back at the church paralyzed by not having enough Heliodryl. The church itself was dangerously low on its stock. And here this suited up unicorn was drinking it like it was some cheap recreational beer!

She wasn't proud of here life of crime. It was half desperation and half trying really hard to do the not-so-glamorous things it took to make the rest of this world a better place. But jerks like these really made it a lot easier on her conscience .

Meanwhile she had a job to do. She glanced around at the place, trying to scope out the cameras and see how best to get to the security office.

I'm guessing this would be a mind check

Roll(5d6)+0:
3,1,3,4,1,+0
Total:12

Ugh! 1 success. Well, I guess she is new at this and probably distracted by her seething hatred of the unicorn. So I guess the dice know.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Rhapsody nods to Tipple. "Go and be quick, if you need I am sure that the Nightshine Sisters can take you." She says as the deer rushes up the stairs. She then turns to the lone horse left from the group, narrowing her brow at him. "I don't know if you're really him, a relative, some sorta temporal displacement, a clone, or whatever; and I don't really care. If I find that you are a liability to this group, I will take measures to fix that; regardless how you might charm your teammates." She states simply, she wasn't angry but to anycreature else she would be cold and clearly had no faith in this pony... but how knew how this Night Cap viewed reality, the last one definitely lived in his own world.

"Itwasn'tme."

Night Cap takes a moment to ponder what exactly wasn't him. It just came out, like how ponies blurt out 'ow' before they know if they're actually hurt or not.

"I mean... pardon me? I don't think I've ever been a liability to anyone. I don't know who you think I am, but... oh the hood."

He removes his hood, revealing his very Night Cappy head.

"I'm Night Cap."

Shadewing

Citizen
Rhapsody watched him as he tries to shift blame. "No, it never IS your fault, is it?" She says, with more then a little bitterness to her tone. "Yes, I know who you are." She says matter-of-factly, as if the hood was never there. "It takes more then a weak disguise to fool me, even with my older eyes."

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Tipple made their way up the stairs, craning their neck backward cartoonishly at the still impressive statue of Luna above and behind them, then skittering ahead into a tuck and roll as the passage sprang closed behind them. They landed nearly on their stomach but hooves down, and righted themselves on noodly legs like a thumb-push puppet.

They lingered for a moment, looking up again at the statue and taking in the grand hall. These ponies - Luna probably no more deserved their dedication than whatever she represented to Moonbeam, but they'd managed to create a place in the world where ponies could feel safe, and that was worth some respect.

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy leans in close and whispers to Scarlet so only he can hear. "If this gonk plans on using the stuff tonight, we're going to seriously have to change our plans. I don't even have any viruses made up."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"No, I know there are some things that have been my fault. It's my fault that I haven't been here. It has been... so long that I don't even know the words. But I'm here now. I took this job because I'm ready to do everything I can to turn some things around in this community. I won't disappoint you."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Scarlet gave her a half-smug/half-teasing smirk. Letting her know that he’d known all along and was this teasing her. once they reached the bank however, his good mood dissolved. He felt his stomach twist as the arrogant pig of a Unicorn berated and belittled all and sundry, while drinking Heliodryl. It took all his self control to keep his revulsion to merely at twitch of his expression. Rather than him screaming in the Unicorns face about common decency, family and then smacking him upside the head!

Hazy leans in close and whispers to Scarlet so only he can hear. "If this gonk plans on using the stuff tonight, we're going to seriously have to change our plans. I don't even have any viruses made up."
Keeping his voice equally loe, Scarlet nodded. “This bucking fool poses a big problem, you’re right. I wonder if Rhapsody knew about this. Either way, lets get in line so we can set up the safety deposit box.“

Looking around himself, Scarlet scanned the area (based on the floor plan) for guards, doors and cameras.

Mind check 5d6
1d6=1
1d6=4
1d6=2
1d6=4
1d6=4
Total:15

Could be better. Could be much worse.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
"No, I know there are some things that have been my fault. It's my fault that I haven't been here. It has been... so long that I don't even know the words. But I'm here now. I took this job because I'm ready to do everything I can to turn some things around in this community. I won't disappoint you."

"That remains to be seen, you have a steep legacy of disappointment."

Scarlet gave her a half-smug/half-teasing smirk. Letting her know that he’d known all along and was this teasing her. once they reached the bank however, his good mood dissolved. He felt his stomach twist as the arrogant pig of a Unicorn berated and belittled all and sundry, while drinking Heliodryl. It took all his self control to keep his revulsion to merely at twitch of his expression. Rather than him screaming in the Unicorns face about common decency, family and then smacking him upside the head!

Keeping his voice equally loe, Scarlet nodded. “This bucking fool poses a big problem, you’re right. I wonder if Rhapsody knew about this. Either way, lets get in line so we can set up the safety deposit box.“

Looking around himself, Scarlet scanned the area (based on the floor plan) for guards, doors and cameras.

Mind check 5d6
1d6=1
1d6=4
1d6=2
1d6=4
1d6=4
Total:15

Could be better. Could be much worse.

From the Lobby, Scarlet could see two cameras one in the top right corner, one in the bottom left. Besides the door he came through, and the one Pence entered from; there was one in the bottom left and one behind the teller station that was unreachable from the lobby. And two guards seems to keep watch over the lobby.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"I believe Princess Luna had to overcome a steep legacy once too, and she showed us all that we can do it."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Turning his head to take in the whole lobby, as much 6o see everything as much as to try and take his mind off punching Archer, Scarlet ticked off each camera In turn. With a casual shrug, Scarlet said softly in a conversational tone.

”Having camera warning must be nice for Pence. I mean, with a brother like that, you’d want all the early warning you can get.

Clever setup.”

While speaking, Scarlet had used his shrug to gesture (with his wings) at the banks camera placement, then inclined his head slightly towards the two guards. Scarlet then slowly walked over to the teller.

”Hello there. My name is Scarlet Spectrum, uh, Jr. I was wondering if it might be possible for me to set up a safety desposit box?”

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy briefly yet subtly follows Scarlets pointing to the cameras, internally berating herself for getting so angry at Archer that she completely missed them herself. Totally unprofessional and it could get her killed if she wasn't careful.

As Scarlet introduces himself, she stays near him, looking pretty and smiling broadly.

Shadewing

Citizen
The teller nods with a smile, likely to be glad to be dealing with anycreature else besides Archer. "Oh yes, I can easily set up a joint account for you and your wife."

Sorry for mimimum, post, but gettign back into this. If anyone has any ideas or scenes, even if they're small stuff, feel free to make a post so that we can try to get this rolling again.

Top Bottom