[IC] Nighthaze - The offical unoffical sequel to STOMP

TerraSqueek

Citizen
The filly wasn't really in a position to fight back anyways. moreover, it was pretty clear that they had no problem with the woman, and there was no way she could do anything about it at this point. Besides, even if she wanted to, her wings weren't listening to her anymore. She just felt too tired and in too much pain. Her fragged up nerves screaming at her while she looked up at the woman she'd spent her whole life hating... especially after losing Neon

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Scarlet couldn’t help a low chuckle at Hazys words With a mischievious snitk he said.

”I wouldn’t mind being there for that too. Grandad Scarlet might not have as many stories or myths. But i’d love to puzzle out fact from fantasy. The way he says it, you should be a legend in your own lifetime Ms. Rhapsody. You and your sisters.” Then he added, while looking over at Forte. “Good gravy, The Forte is a family friend…”

Then he wondered what the buck was going to happen with Moonbeam. Oh she;d be back on her hooves sure, but whatever was bubbling inside of her wouldn’t be going anywhere. He wondered what had led her to get so chromed up and so fixated on what should and should not be in this world.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Hazy nodded at Scarlet. It would be a great gathering.

But her grin turned downward as she looked again to Moonbeam. "So much pain!" she groaned miserably. "And just last night, we had music and...and" Could it really be considered 'dancing'?

She walked back over to Moonbeam. "It'll be okay. You'll be okay. Then you can curse me out all you want. But you're going to be okay."

If Scarlet didn't know her better, he could almost swear those were tears in Hazy's eyes.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
With the revelation that Hazy had connections with this head priest as well, Tipple had taken a back seat to the conversation, keeping their eyes on Moonbeam. "Small world," they muttered, squinting with a mix of concern for the kid's wellbeing and apprehension at what she might say in another outburst.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Rhapsody smiled to the group, as Charity returned after a bit with a metal suitcase, opening it up showed three glowing vials of a golden-yellow liquid. "Here you go, it's all we can spare without affecting other patients' need as well." The purple unicorn says to Rhapsody. "That's fine. Even enough that would get more stable than she currently is. Start with administering a single vial; probably not enough, but I don't want to burn through it all immediately." Charity nods. "Of course Madam Rhapsody." She replies, taking one of the vials over to Moony and finds some place that is bare flesh, and injects the vial to help stabilize the cybernetics and stop them from breaking down.

"We're probably gonna need to find some creature more experienced with Cybernetics. This long without Heliodryl, they would be breaking down and leaking into the body. They'll probably need actual repair, if not replacement depending on just how bad they've gotten without the proper upkeep." Rhapsody states as she looks over to the team. "Unfortunately I don't currently have someone like that on my staff. Most that we treat only have a limb or something replaced, nothing quite this extensive so it's just not been a priority. Clearly that changes now, I'll have Alistair do a search while you all are replenishing our supplies"

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy tries to choke down the lump in her throat at she sees her friend....friend?...friend being operated on. She turns to Scarlet with a determined look in her eyes. "It's about time we get started casing that bank, don't ya think?"

TerraSqueek

Citizen
"NO!" Anyone who knew bat ponies knew that it took only a bit of training, or a heaping helping of instinct, to actually use their sonar as an attack. Moonbeam hadn't quite done that. It was close enough to make one wonder if it was raw terror, or just that her body was too weak to pull it off. But enough of her mind fought though the haze and deterioration to look right at the older woman. The 'false heirophant' as she'd put it.

"Neon made these. You're not taking them. Not like her. This is my second sacrifice to Luna. This is my sacrement! I won't, I won't..." She then started to sob. Almost bawling. after that outbusrt it was all too easy for the first vial to be administered. She was spent. Those last reserves of energy she didn't even know she had now gone. All that was left was a sobbing filly muttering in her sleep as she was given her meds.

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy was at the door ready to go to the bank when she turned back. "All that body replacement...it wasn't for yourself? You mutilated yourself just for some god? I may be no fan of the princesses of old, but I've heard enough stories from those who actually met her to know that that's not what she would want. Even I would have to give her that much credit." Hazy left for the bank, half turning her head to Scarlet as she walked. "You comin', Captain?"

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“The Princesses never wanted or demanded, or even endorsed sacrifice or sacraments.” Looking down at the sobbing cyberized bat pony, Scarlet again wondered what in the world had happened to her. Moving close, he said softly/ “You need help, your cybernetics need repair. Let us help you.”

Turning to Rhapsody, Scarlet added. “I may be able to help with contacts if need be.” Then he headed iver to Hazy and the door. With jaunty salute and grin, Scarlet said.

”Spectrum is green. Let’s go get me a safety deposit box and check out this bank.”

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Rhapsody didn't even flinch at the weak sonic attack. "That's the problem with you cultists. Luna's not a god. She's a pony just like you and me. My family has been in service to her for ages, my ancestor was the captain of her guard before Nightmare Moon happened. I've personally met her several times before Sunfall. This, as Hazy and Scarlet said. Is not what she'd want from you. She would be aghast hearing you mutilated yourself for her." She states firmly, she was still something of a hardass as she wasn't as moved as the others by the batpony's crying.

"And if it REALLY meant as much to you as you say it does; you wouldn't be lying near death because of neglecting Hylodril. If your chrome is as important as you say; then you should act like it and not some petulant child." She says walking over with a iron stare fixated on the bat. "Because the ONLY reason we'd replace it, is if YOU let the work deteriorate to much to be saved because you didn't do the upkeep, you didn't take the measures to keep the gear from breaking down and slowly poisoning you. That is what withdrawal really is: its your chrome deteriorating, releasing toxins into your body. The longer it goes on, the more likely they can't be fixed. This is something you should already know." Rhapsody wasn't angry, her tone was harsh, it was heavy, she pulled no punches; but she sounded more like a disappointed mother then anything.

"You may see me as the villian, I don't care. I've never cared about that." She says with a huff, it was something that was always a point of contention between her and her STOMP team. Even if it made her look bad, she was always concerned for everypony's safety. She'd never admit it, but Hazy and Scarlet commenting positively about her is largely a surprise to her after stuff that happened with Amber, Snowy, and Maple. "I WILL be the villain of the story if I have to be, if it means I keep you, and every creature in this damned city safe. But I WILL keep you safe. I have lost enough in my life. You can hate me for all your days, but you are gonna live through this with or without your current chrome. I'm not gonna take it if can be repaired, I'm making you that promise; and if you trust any of your teammates they'll vouch for me on that. But if any of it can be saved, you better start treating it and yourself with infinitely more respect; or you will lose it the next time you let this happen."

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy was already out the door. But even on the other side, she could clearly hear Rhapsody's impassioned speech and internally cheered.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap has just been quietly watching with a mix of concern and regret, that has gradually been turning into a kind of disgust. He debates breaking his silence but with each development it feels like he should wait for the dictionary to catch up. Squick may be the word of the moment.

Augs are permanently OFF his Hearth's Warming list.

TerraSqueek

Citizen
There was no fight left in moonbeam. She just sobbed and collapsed in a heap. She was done. Her body didn't have any fight left. All it could do was take its medication and try to get back to the point where cybernetic and organic worked in kind. Finally a lack of medication and the other various problems with her body caused her to pass out. The blue furred girl a sobbing, fitful lump in her slumber.

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy and Scarlet out well out of the secret area and were nearly out of the church when Hazy heard a familiar.

"Hazy? What are you doing here? I thought you were off on your first gig?"

1641072790097.png

Only older.

Hazy silently cursed under her breath. "Hey, Gramps! Yeah, I'm just about to go start it. We just made a brief detour here."

"So what's the gig? Where are your new friends?"

Hazy sighs. "I'm in a bit of a rush, Gramps. Scarlet and I are supposed to go case a bank so we can steal a safe box with heliodryl so we can hopefully help out a Luna cultist who thinks everyone in this church is a heretic."

Static rolled his eyes. "Fine, don't tell me. I guess we all have our little secrets." He then looked to Scarlet. "How about you, Junior? She drag you into this mess too?"

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Tipple didn't have much to say as they followed Moonbeam and the priest, until Moonbeam had had her shot and finally passed out and the room was quiet. "I can give her a looking over if it'll help," they said to Rhapsody. "I don't guess I'm an expert but I know a thing or two from keeping myself together over the years. An' I've got a steady hoof." They kept looking back at Moonbeam in her sad little pile.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“Not…really?” Scarlet didn’t sound especially convincing, as everytime somebody called him ‘Junior’ it completely threw him off.

”Um, uh, ‘ahem’ anyway. Hey Mr. Static, still waiting for the moon i see.”

With a low chuckle, Scarlet (Junior) shook himself to get his brain working again.

”She honestly didn’t drag me into this time. We just…happened to both turn up for a job.

At the same time,” he added with a trademark grin. Then he lookee around. “Grandad not here too is he? Or Mom?”

Caldwin

Citizen
Static looked around the area. "I haven't seen them. But, y'know, a building this big..." Static looked between the two of them. " Well, I can tell you two are busy. Just becareful. Don't do anything I wouldn't do...oe anything I would for that matter. It's a dangerous job whatever you're up to. Dangerous world we live in. Why, back in my day..." "Woah, look at the time! We should probably get going," Hazy interrupts nervously.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Scarlet can’t help a mischeivious grin.

”C’mon oldie. Save the war stories for another time. You’ve to,d Hazy most, if not all of them at least once already.

Or twice.

Or…more. Anyway—-“

”Junior!”

Scarlet jumps.

”Ookay. Time to go. NicetoseeyouMr.staticByyyyyyeeeeee!”

Nudging Hazy he makes a break for it.

As he heads off, a taller, older, greyer and (in Scarlets opinion) better looking version of himself walks in from some other part of the church. Scarlet Spectrum Snr looks almost as uncannily like his grandson as Night Cap looks like Night Cap. Looking at Static, Scarlet Snr sighs and shakes his head.

”Why does he always do that. Its not my fault Junior looks like me. Hehe. At least he kniws how he’ll age.”

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy grins at Scarlet as they narrowly escape the grandparents. "In my day..." She says in a singsong voice, offering Scarlet a hoof bump. "Narrow escape, eh, 'Junior'?"

Danaume

Citizen
Kai slinks out of the basement chamber, not really up for debating a priestess. Moonbeam is being taken care of, and Hazy and Scarlet are heading out on their scout mission, so there's nothing to do but wait...

"We shouldn't be here..."

"You'd rather be out on the street? It's best to stay hidden until after the job's done."
"...it's not our job..."

"Yeah, well it pays the bills, and these ponies need help, clearly."
"...if the Alicorns did their job, nobody would need help..."

"For all we know, they are doing their job, or trying to, the Princesses..."
"SHOULD BURN! They let our mother and sisters get raped, our brothers get bound in chains, our village be destroyed and burried in the ice..."

"Then show me a Kirin or a Nirik strong enough to raise or lower the sun or moon..."
"Let me free and my fires will set the world aglow like the dawn of a dark and terrible sun..."

"Grow up."
"We can't... the ponies saw to that..."

Top Bottom