[IC] Nighthaze - The offical unoffical sequel to STOMP

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Tipple was putting in a long and complicated order of their own ending with a cup of coffee and a soyange juice, but they noticed Moonbeam's fidgeting. "You alright there, kid?" they asked gently as they approached her. "Saw you looked a bit out of sorts with your skin last night when I was joshing with Hazy. Did I make y' uncomfortable?"

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Hazy looked askance at Moonbeam. "Yeah, you had a Tartarus of a time trying to sleep last night. What's on your mind, Mooney?"

TerraSqueek

Citizen
"Nothing." Moonbeam said, shaking her head a bit. It was a lie. she was at the very least nervous. Very nervous "I'm just trying to scan the plan. Make sure it doesn't get fragged." also a lie. and even as she said it she was... even less comfortable than before

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy was still suspicious, but she doubted she'd gain anything by pushing too hard. So she went back to her pancakes. "Just don't get so caught up in the plans that you forget to eat, Mooney. It's going to be a long day. Gonna need your energy."

She occasionally glanced Moonbeams way, trying to get a read on her.

Shadewing

Citizen
Forte is a bit of a rebel, and orders french toast rather then pancakes, along with hash browns and coffee. He glances over to Moony. "You got to chill, just cuase your all cybered up from a chop shop, doesn't mean you gotta be so dead serious. Still a living pony down under all that. Get something to eat, I'm paying. No need to worry if ya don't got the bits. Taking care of yerself is also taking care of the team, ya know?" Forte says with a bright smile.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap orders a monstrous Grand Slam type breakfast that seems more fitting for a pony that hauls freight wagons. And coffee.

TerraSqueek

Citizen
She still doesn't order anything. And the longer time goes on, the more nervous she looked. Her wings folded in hard, all but shielding herself. Slumped. Shaking a bit. occasionally looking at the others and how casually they were enjoying their meal.

Caldwin

Citizen
Suddenly something clicked in Hazy's mind. "Moony? When was the last time you had your Heliodryl?

TerraSqueek

Citizen
"I unno" it wasn't the same street smart lingo she usually used. It also sounded tired. And she also looked hungry, in spite of herself. The bat pony looked up at Hazy. this wasn't just teenage agnsty and standoffishness. It really did seem like she had no idea about the last time she'd taken her meds. Worse, seh only grew more annoyed the more the nervousness on her muzzle forced its way out

Caldwin

Citizen
"Oh sweet merciful Luna!" Not even realizing or caring that she just swore by one of the princesses, Hazy turned to the others. "Guys, I'm voting we either find a legit source of heliodyl right now, or we move up the operation to right now, bonuses and even base pay be damned!"

Shadewing

Citizen
Forte blinks at this news. He had just thought that bat pony was anxious, mixed with the bravado of youth. Forte looks over to Hazy. "We'll take her to the church. They've got a small supply, though not a whole lot. It's why your op is important, and now is even more important. So, the rest of breakfast is to go." He states and slips from his seat.

TerraSqueek

Citizen
"I'm fine!" Moonbeam said, before nearly falling out of her seat. She thudded agaisnt the table and then tried to stand up agian. her wings lulling a bit as she looked at the older ponies, more than a bit annoyed at the idea of being taken to the church. But also nowhere near able to protest

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy tried to catch Moonbeam to at least soften the drop. But the weight of all that chrome made that beyond Hazy's strength. "Fine my sun-deprived, pale yellow arse!" She struggles with all the chrome. "Guys, a little help, please? Guys?!?!"

Copper Bezel

Citizen
With a parting look at their breakfast spread, Tipple darted to Moonbeam's other side to help support her. "Don't you worry kid, we've got you."

TerraSqueek

Citizen
"I'm not a kid" she tried to protest, staggering to her feet "And I'll be fine. we should just do the job and be done with it."

Copper Bezel

Citizen
"Alright, I didn't mean it like that, that's my bad," said Tipple. "But part of the job is lookin' out for your team. Let's get you taken care of."

Caldwin

Citizen
"You can hardly even stand on your own. That's not fine and I'm not trusting anyone in your shape to have my back with any kind of job. Now just relax. We got you."

A little softer she added, "And of course you're not a kid. No such thing as a childhood in this world anymore."

Shadewing

Citizen
While the others are trying to help Moony out, Forte texts something on his phone before he heads to the front, and talks to the cashier telling them where to send the bill, after explaining the medical emergency. "Get her outside, I got a ride coming to help us get her there." He calls to the others as he heads outside. It wasn't long before a sleek and angular pick up truck arrives, that looks like it's seen better days. At the wheel is a off-white bat pony with a dark mane that has purple and teal streaks in it. "Shinespark, quick as ever. Good, not the most ideal vehicle though..."

Shinespark shakes her head. "Not like I had a lot of options, and I wasn't about to jack an ambulance. Should have enough room for them all in back. Bliss on her way to the church to make arrangements and let the head priestess know of the emergency." "Right, good good. Gram should get this all sorted out." Forte says and heads back to lower the tailgate so that Moony can be lifted in.

Copper Bezel

Citizen
Tipple shot Night Cap a smile and a nod. The explorer was speaking their language. "Focus on breathing f'now," they said to Moonbeam, making a show of regulating their own breathing as they'd done with their own withdrawal experiences, hoping Moonbeam would follow suit. They moved to help Moonbeam into the truck bed.

Top Bottom