[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval (cont.)

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
Beathra paused, considering his response. As much as he may have trusted the Librarian, he knew she was still YPNR and, if only for her own sake, it would be prudent to only say what needed to be said.

After a moment, he said, "Physically, she is wholly healed, so far as I can see, but there is a deeper wound than what we encountered in the battle. I believe she may be suffering from a magical poison... Do you recall the flies at the math competition? There I felt the presence of the Goddess Moscareina. It is likely that this is preventing her from fully recovering. It may have affected her."

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
The Chief Librarian sighed, "Most of what I can do is for injuries as opposed to illness. For now, it might be best for her to get her rest. I'm sorry." Monday rolled her eyes, "I'm sure she'll be fine. Soon enough, she'll be flying around the place. I'm just wondering where the woman she was hanging out with went to."

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“Understandable. Magic is not something Technology can thus far deal with. Hopefully, rest and safety will lead to her eventual recovery. So long as we keep her from any further influence from Moscareina.”

Omega sighed and shook his head at Monday.

”So you are still a bit of a brat. No need for the eye roll there Monday.”

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
Beathra cocked his head to one side and asked the obvious question. "What woman are you speaking of? Patch was alone when we found her."

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Monday said, "The other woman hasn't shown up for a few hours. She just...appears...and then is gone. Kind of annoying. Though your friend seemed to find her annoying, too."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Rubbing his chin, or at least the chin piece of his faceplate, Omega considered her words.

”Interesting.“

The onky other woman they’d come across that A) wasn’t YPNR and B) seemed eccentric enough to meet Mondays vague description… could be the lady Beathra had mentioned. The so-called Lady of Games and Chance, Cinnuint..

Could it be?
It is at least a possibility.
You don’t think I’m reaching a lititle?
Well, yes, you are. However, they way Beathra spoke of her…
What do you mean?
If she is more than simply human… more than a mage of some kind… With a title like that, she certainly seems like somebody who might watch for the fun of it?
Fun of it?
Yes. Games and Chance. To somebody like that, our adventures would seem… entertaining.
Hmm…
Shane we can’t simply ask Beathra about this possibility…
Wait. If this is the same person, then she was at the Math Off with us. Had she been following Patch before this…?

The wheels in his head spinning, the Omega Knight remained silent.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Monday said, "The other woman was slightly shorter than your friend. Pale skin, black hair, hazel eyes, and a brown dress. Kinda plain, really. I do remember she was barefoot, though. Most people wear shoes."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Stealth check
1d20=15
15+9=24
Total:24

I know this seems a bit ott, but Kage is winding himself up with worries.

“Ah,” was all Omega said. Inwardly though, he wondered. Thinking quickly, Omega scribbled another quick note and passed it to Beathra as he moved Patch carefully off the medical sled and to somewhere comfortable to lay as she slept on.

The note read:
Lady of Games and Chance?
This Cinnuint you met?
She seemingly moves wherever she feels like it.

”Perhaps the rest of you should get the once over and heal your injuries.”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
As the group continued to get healed up from the day's fights, each one slowly succumbed to their exhaustion. As they fell asleep, the storm outside continued to rage into the night.

PLEASE INSERT DISC 3​

-click -

-whirrrr-

In the midst of slumber, before anyone else had woken up, Night Cap found himself walking through a grassy field. He then heard the familiar voice of Cher announce, "Good morning. Since I can only talk to you during your slumber, I'm doing so now. I do thank you for guarding my champion."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap stretches his neck. It feels good. All is well again.

"I'm happy to do my duty. I only wish we could meet like this more often."

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Night Cap heard her respond, "If anything, my champion is the exception in that I can talk to her while awake. But what worries me is that I can still talk to you at all. You aren't Viknadian. While breaking Moscareina's hold on your friend prevents her from crossing over or attacking you again, I still don't know what the threat to Viknadia is. There is a danger that still binds you to this world."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"You know, I'm something of an exception myself. I'm not what other ponies in my world are normally like. I saw things they couldn't. Back in my world, the dreamlands were always my real home. They're where I really lived, and worked. Maybe they're my real home in this world too. Maybe they're one and the same and I'm where I've always been meant to be."

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"That may be the case and dreams being your world would be quite the anchor. My worry is of the world outside of dreams but only time will tell what will happen there. Day breaks, so go with safety." As the dream closed, Night Cap realized that it had been gently snowing during the conversation.

As everyone began to wake up, a cheerful, sunny sky did not greet them. Instead, they were greeted by the same thunderstorm from the previous night. While Monday could not be seen, the Chief Librarian was leaning against a tree, slowly waking up as well. Likewise, Sue'zhan was stirring from where she collapsed on the grass. Meanwhile, Dee awoke with the knowledge that they were no longer headed north. Surely granted by Cher but the significance was unknown.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
"Where are we going?" Destron murmured, seemingly the first to rouse enough to form a basic utterance. Speaking of course to no one in particular, but she knew not to let information gifted from the goddesses... even Cher, linger too long in her mortal mind, -less distraction or mesmerism prevent its timely use.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap awakens but the world looks fuzzier. His muscles are lighter yet overall he feels heavier.

He's glad someone knows he's not always like this.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
From the far side of the park area, the Omega Knight left to his feet with a startled cry and draw Retribution! Then the flashes of lightning in the thunderstorm reflected off the blade and jolted Kage back to reality.

”Ah HELL!”

Breathing heavily, the Knight slowly calmed down. After failing to commit to heading out on his own to search for YPNRs secrets, thus allowing his friends to recover in safety. Kage had, begrudgingly, settling down to rest.

His rest had not been pleasant. His dreams were full of droids and guns, mages and demons. And the cackling horror of that seemingly unkillable ’thing’. Having expected this (more or less), Kage had kept his distance to ensure that injuries like those he had inflicted on the Lady Destron in Besseltrade would not happen again!

opening his lower faceplate, Kage closed his eyes and started counting his breaths, while also slowly resheathing Retribution.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"I can answer that," Sue'zhan responded to Dee as she sat up. "But to really answer it, I need to start at the beginning.

So, as I said to the guard, I'm a ground born citizen of YPNR. Holiday Island was just a job. At least, it started as one. I was a programmer and computer technician and like all employees I was granted access to the park as a form of recreation. It's just that over time I saw how poorly those like EB were treated. Since over-achievement is celebrated, I applied to also be a part time 'attraction handler' on top of my other duties. I thought I was doing good and improving lives until..."

She paused, "Okay, everyone knew about the floating land of YPNR and that Holiday Island, various farms, and other things supported it. What I didn't know was the various genetic experiments being done on Holiday Island. Working on the computers, I already knew there was a fair amount of hubris to the way things were coded. It's hard if you don't know how it works but once you do, it really doesn't have any security. When I stumbled on the first hints of what was really going on, I realized I access to almost everything.

I...I still don't know if the fire that destroyed Holiday Island was intentional or if it was a genuine accident. When it came to the files, I deleted and memorized what I could and encrypted or physically took the rest. In the commotion, I didn't know what happened to EB. If I knew he survived, I wouldn't have done the things that led me here."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
With one final sigh, Kage felt his body relax (mostly). Turning, he headed over to where Sue’zhan and Destron were talking. Catching most of what was said, the Omega Knight nodded.

”We suspected as much based on information we found when taking down Cupid Thunder and his little ‘Operation’. This also explains why those within YPNR who ran the whole Holiday Island experiment, would very much like to ’reaquire’ you. Needless to say, we won’t be letting that happen.

I’d be willing to bet the fire was deliberate. A type of ‘scorched earth’ way to destroy any and all evidence of what they were up to. They don’t need to deny what isn’t there.

Thankfully, EB survived, others too. And so did you Ms. Sue’zhan.

How did you end up in the hands of Master SAVAGE? What was he after?”

Last edited:

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
Destron nodded along as Sue'zhan began her tale... often though her eyes tracked to EB. When it came down to it tragedy has been a constant companion to them all. At the Omega Knight's query, Dee's attention snapped back to the woman beside her.

"Time enough for further questions later Omega Knight, kindly let her continue to answer where it is we are going. I do not wish to discover too late we have been whisked away into the jaws of further danger; because the teeth have clenched shut behind us."

Dee held up her hands as if she was holding an invisible sandwich - and then took a quick sharp bite out of it gnashing her teeth the way all unseen dangers are want to do. Her hands quickly fell to her cheek and chest plate to cover for the snort-like laugh and quick blush of embarrassment that followed it. For as soon as she had done the action -a memory of at one point being the savage unknown danger to any and all sandwiches flashed into her mind. The face she must have just made would be very familiar to them (both her companions and the sandwiches), but she must look the fool to Sue'zhan.

utterly mortified Dee managed to squeak out "please if you would ...continue." the hand that had been on her chest came up to join its fellow in a symmetrical side-to-side head-shaking facepalm.

Top Bottom