[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval (cont.)

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kage simply stared back at EB. Though inwardly, he winced. With an effort, he tried to laugh off EBs words, though it came more sad than smug.

”You’d be lucky to get away with that when you’re at full strength. Now? You are hurt. You are tired.

You’re not winning any fights.”

Feeling anger building in him at… well at everything, he continued.

”Can you and Beathra even stand?

’sigh’

At least some of the guards appreciated us taking down SAVAGE. Mostly. If i—we—can get them to call in Judeen, Stobert or that Chief Librarian woman. Hell, even Sheilnette seemed nice.

Wait here, i’ll get you some help.”

Keeping hold of Patch (mostly because he’d half-forgotten he was carrying her), the Omega Knight strode back to Destron, Sue’zhan. Looking to the YPNR members, he said.

”My friends are injured, tired and in great need of medical attention. Please, help them? Apothecary Judeen maybe?”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Dee felt Cher suddenly come to full alert and intoned, "This must surely be the woman from my prophecy. While we need to find out what she was doing, above all, she needs to be protected at all cost."

Just after this, Kage reentered the room carrying Patch. One of the guards responded negatively, "Who is this??? Where did that woman come from? We need more information. Monday March, assist me! If that robot doesn't respond, I'll need to contact one of the Correspondents."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Omega Knights jaw clenched at the guards arrogance. Maybe he was simply thinking of YPNRs safety. However, he was doing it in the most uncaring and self-superior manner possible. Trying to keep his voice calm(ish), the Knight glared at the man from under his Cowl.

”I’ll say it again. Perhaps if you asked instead of demanded Monday assist you, she might. Not calling her a robot might be useful too. As, based on my knowledge of computer systems and robotics, she isn’t.”

Then he looked down and realised that he was in fact, still holding Patch.

god dammit!

As to who this is? She is my friend and she needs help. Just like i asked with regards to my other friends. They need medical attention. Not an Interrogation!”

Carrying an unconscious Patch did have one advantage for the Knight. It meant his hands were full, thus prevented him from balling up a fist and decking the guard.

Last edited:

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
Beathra, put a hand on his companion's shoulder and stepped forward, leaning on his staff.

"We are injured from the battle with Master Savage and require medical assistance, I'm sure we've earned that much, yes?" Here he nodded to Patch, saying, "She is an innocent bystander in these events and it would be an ethical failure to refuse treatment[1]."

[1]Presence Check to Persuade Guard:
1d20+10 = 4+10 Total: 14

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
Destron looked toward the woman with the new insight and smiled. The goddesses are sometimes mischievous when they knit the yarn of fate

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"Monday March is supposed to do what she's told just like the droids! She should be here right now." The other YPNR guard held up his hands and said "Whoa whoa just...

This Master SAVAGE guy needs to be secured before he wakes up and tries to escape. If you and the others take care of him I'll direct the newcomers to the Chief Librarian. She'll have the authorization on what to do and be able to get them medical attention." "How do you know you'll be safe with them alone? That woman was with Master SAVAGE." "I mean, if they wanted to do more, they could have already done it. They have a point, it would be a failure not to help now that they're injured. And if something does go wrong, you know where we're headed."

The guard motioned for Kage, EB, Beathra, Night Cap, Dee, and Sue'zhan to follow. After walking for awhile, he said, "We...really never had to deal with this before. Really, thanks again for stopping that Master SAVAGE guy."

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap follows, making a valiant effort to keep up with his longer legged companions despite his many wounds taking some speed out of his steps.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“You really don’t get the difference between ’Robot’ and ‘AI’, do you,’ the Omega Knight muttered.

He is an IDIOT!
Let it go.
But…
You are looking at this from the perspective of knowing Friday. Her personality, her freedom to choose now. Her unique existence!
Yeah, but…
Also Oracle. Your modified and designed her. Built her (kindof) to learn
, to adapt, to grow beyond the parameters of her programming. To not be your servanot.

To be your friend.
…y-yeah…
They only see Monday as what she was built to be. Like Friday, she seems to be a administrative assistance program. And they treat her as such. They don’t think of her as self aware, just an intelligent helper.
So, like some of the OPD saw Friday initially?
Similar, but worse. Obviously.
Obviously.
So then. Getting angry will not change anything. Only make things harder for the rest of our merry band. They need help. They need safety. Especially Patch.
‘If anybody even half recognised her…
Precisely! So quell your anger and focus on the present predicament.
At least Beathra and the others know the Chief Librarian…

As he walked with his companions and the guards, the Omega Knight spoke softly. ”I apologise again for my initial reaction to the situation regarding Master SAVAGE. We have never faced him directly before, only his underlings. My hasty actions lead to unnecessary harm.”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
The lone guard replied to Kage, "The whole thing was crazy but at least it's over now." After walking for a while, they soon came to a large AlphaNumeric Park that some recognized from meeting the Chief Librarian earlier. "Uh, Chief Librarian? I don't know if you're awake and I hate to bug you but we need your help." A voice from one of the trees commented, "I couldn't sleep. What happened?" "YPNR was attacked. These newcomers helped us but they got hurt. I felt you would have the ability and authority to help them." "I'll take care of them. You made the right call. Thank you."

As the guard left, Kage, EB, Beathra, Night Cap, Dee, and Sue'zhan could see the Chief Librarian had been watching the sky as the storm still raged outside. Redirecting her attention to the group, she said, "I see some of you returned while others are new. So, what happened?"

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As he entered the new park (same as the other park), the Omega Knight cocked his head and wondered at the uniformity of the ‘Alphanumeric’ parks.

Wait, did that tree just…
…no, wait…
…oh…
…it was the Chief Librarian. Interesting.

Trying to keep his voice calm and not let himself get would up ny recent events, injuries and the mysteries of YPNR, Omega spoke matter-of-factly.

”We ran into an altercation between some YPNR guards and an armed individual who was, seemingly, guarding this woman as she worked on something. My rash assessment of the situation, led to rash actions that ended causing a three-way conflict between the guards, ourselves and the armed man, who turned out to be Master SAVAGE.

SAVAGE is the leader of a mercenary band of this and would-be tyrants on the ground, who all adhere to the ‘might makes right’ mentality of take what you want, when you want, from whomever you want. Having never fought anything but SABAGES underlings up until now, it was my reckless assumptions that lead to injuries on all sides. Though we managed to take down SAVAGE, after he abandoned this lady,” nodding to Sue-zhan, “none of us came out of this unscathed. Including the lady in my arms.

Understandably, not all of the guards who subsequently arrived to clean up the mess were as receptive to ’newcomers’ providing aid. Mostly due to my bad judgemets, we were lucky to have one who decided to bring us to you.

My friends need medical aid. Please.”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"Wait right here," the Chief Librarian said. After stepping away, she came back pushing something akin to a hospital stretcher with numerous high tech attachments. Stopping, she cleared her throat and calmly said, "Monday, assist me." When Monday March appeared, the Chief Librarian said, "The guests from earlier were injured. I'll need your help in healing them." Redirecting her attention to the group, she then said, "Whoever needs the healing first will need to get on the table. It can heal injuries but it looks like you'll all need rest."

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
Destron was sore and will welcome a safe place to rest, but she was far from needing the most care. Softly patting Sue-zhan's shoulder, Dee backed toward a wall and leaned down to take a seat and rest.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
With a (hidden) wry smile, Omega cocked his head.

”Ah, i was right. I did say he should have asked nicely if he wanted help.

Hello Monday.”

looking to EB, Beathra and Knight Caps tiny form, Omega nodded to them/ wary as he was of anythibg YPNR, he knew that they needed help the most.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
EB blinked absently at Kage and the person he was carrying.
"Um. Shouldn't Patch go first?"

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Omega couldn’t help tensing up as EB spoke. This Chief Librarian may seem nice right now, as well as when Beathra had spoken about her before. Also, March Monday was seemingly less antagonistic than during their last (admittedly brief) meeting. She had not (apparently) warned anybody about their previous intervention in YPNR affairs, nor was she actively opposing them. Despite all this, the fact that something within YPNR was malignant and had been attacking and interfering with those on the ground, especially magi, held him back.

You either trust in the possibility of good faith. Or ypu don’t. Beathra has vouched for her, in a way.
I know, but…
Yes, I know, whoever has been hunting and manipulating mages could somehow discover Patch this way.
yes…
However, when asked about medical assistance, what did the Chief Librarian do?
She… pulled up some kind of med sled device…
Like yours.….

…like mine…
And?
And…she calmly requested Mondays help. She didn’t call on the Chief Apothecary or any ’Offical’ communication.
So?
This is…maybe…off the record?
Potentially. Either way, we have little choice here. Either you trust, or you don’t. If she‘s on the level, in which case we will gain allies, because Monday is seemingly helping her. Or you appear hostile and make her feel pushed away. Which could spell trouble.
i just… don’t want…
Yes, i know.

“You’re right.”

Not being to keep his hesitancy completely masked, Omega stepped forward and laid Patch down on the stretcher. Then stepped back.

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
"Aye, Patch is in most dire need." Beathra said with a nod, then added, "Among us, we have various... skills to assist in healing, though I fear that her malady goes beyond mere mortal wounds."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"I just need a good neck massage and I'll be okay. I got slightly strangled earlier."

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
While pressing various buttons, the Chief Librarian asked, "To make sure nothing is done that would cause more harm, I'm going to need some elaboration on 'beyond mere mortal wounds'. What happened?"

Meanwhile, Monday didn't acknowledge Kage's greeting.

Last edited:

Top Bottom