[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval (cont.)

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
With his stealth tech still active (for now), Kage spoke through the ‘Omega Knight’ illusion.

”I’d rather not split up and head into unknown territory here. We know what and how we’re looking for. I think it might be worth risking the use of another of those tracker pages to point us in the direction of Patch and. Moscareina. They are here and there are active. That sudden rush if bugs in this floating city showed that.

What do you say?

Also, Friday, is there any chance that you can get in to this places systems and find some kind of floor plan? Any way that doesn’t risk your safety, or the chance of tipping of Mondays superiors about what we’re doing?”

Under his Cowl, Kage friwned as a thought occurred to him.

”Beathra, did you say you spoke to Monday and that she chose not to alert her bosses to our intentions?”

Looking over to the silent Princess, Kage wondered how she felt about this strange new world.

”Lady Destron, are you alright.”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
In a hushed voice, Friday said through the comm, "I haven't seen any floor plans but I've been constructing a map of where you've been so far. Been careful not to trip anything but learning how everything works. There's something odd with a number of things not running a full power...like they're being drained. But I haven't seen how or why."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Under his Cowl, Kage felt a slight smile tug at the corners if his mouth. Keeping his voice low, Kage replied.

”Great wotk Friday. No matter where we go, you’ll always be able to find our way back.

Hmm…

Power drain? What systems, can you tell? Either theirs something else attacking this place, or somebodies running some hidden tech by hiding its usage behind existing systems.

Interesting.”

Patch

Citizen
Patch raised an eyebrow. "Sent to... the Chief Apothecary? And then... what happens to them?"

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
The woman started coughing, as if she was struggling to breathe. But she continued, "They never said. But if that happens, I failed, and I'm not going to fail YPNR!"

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
"Through all this, I still worry about the prophecy. The descendant still has not been found." ... Destron had been mulling over the words Cher had last spoken... her body had kept up with the others almost working on instinct as she thought about the quest and in what direction her life was going... such a strange and wonderful time it has been. She thought back to the time she was feral... which she could no doubt now thank for this somewhat instinctual state she could sometimes find herself in... she remembered Iris who taught her how to trust again... flashes of the faces of all of the companions and friends she'd made washed over her... and despite the prophecy... she knew she would never abandon them willingly ... it was here that her focus shifted back to the hear and now as the floating image of Kage's face dissolved and the Omega Knight spoke to her.

"Indeed, only lost in thought for a moment."

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
Beathra nodded. "Aye, she chose not to reveal us, at any rate." he said. "I cannot say if she is on our side beyond that. It would be incredibly helpful, if she were. We should definitely refocus our efforts to find our quarries."

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Friday responded, "It doesn't seem like a specific system is being drained. It seems like...everything. *sigh* I wish Oracle were here."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“As do i Friday, as do i.” Again, Kage felt an unaccountable sense if vulnerability knowing he was cut off from Oracle.

This is ridiculous, i’ve been cut off from Oracle before. Either because i’m out of communication range, or because comms are being jammed. Yet…
That was ‘On the Ground’ though. You could hide, you could fade away. You knew the world, mostly. It was to all intents and purposes, common ground. This place? As you thought on our approach and before. There is no escape, there is no retreat. There is no familiarity. If not for Friday, there would be no map either, such as it is. This place is sealed off from the rest of our world. Isolated and…
…alien.

Taking a steadying breath, Kage shook himself, focusing on the fact that Friday was with him. On the fact that he was there, with friends.

On the reason they were here in the first place.

”Agreed my friend,” he said in response to Beathra. “Mondays intentions and personal views can wait, for now. However, the fact that Fridays ‘little sister’ my be more independent than it first appeared is intriguing.

But to the matter at hand. I think out best bet is to use the next of our magical tracker pages to locate Patch. I have a hunch that, wherever she us, will lead us to the trapped magi. Either directly or indirectly. Whatever Moscareina is planning is still a mystery, though her presence is being felt. Patch on the other hand, will have even more of a reason to crack open YPNR to find the captured magi and children than we do.

Thoughts?

Also, this power drain concerns me.”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Lighting one of the pages Arsenic Grey made, a flaming arrow pointed the group in the direction they should take. Swiftly moving, they traveled down a winding corridor until discovering an upcoming sharp turn with several unconscious guards, scorched walls, and the sound of battle...

Patch

Citizen
Patch scowled, but it seemed that was the extent of the information she would be able to get out of the woman. She relaxed her grip, allowing the woman to tumble to the floor. "Hmph. Failure... get used to it."

She turned to look where the girl had gone.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
The little girl was on the far side of the room. It seemed she was trying to put as far of a distance between herself and Patch as possible.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As the group approached the scenes and sounds of battle, Kage held an invisible hand to stop everyone, with his illusiory self repeating the gesture. kage spoke through the ‘Omega Knight’

”It seems that battle has been joined and, if this is Patch, then Mocareinas influence is making her less than gentle. However, it appears that she hasn’t killed anybody. Yet.

Now, since my stealth tech is still active. I can check around that corner and see what kind of battle we are walking in on, thus gaining us the element if surprise. Ready yourselves and your weapons. I will relay what i see and call you when the time is right.”

moving softly, the invisible Omega Knight crept forward through the guards and towards the sharp turn. Easing around it, he scanning the area quickly, trying to take as in as he could about who was fighting, who was winning and what the best course of action should be. Crouched as he was, the Knight prepared to charge forward or fade back.

Perception check to scan the battle
1d20=7
7+7=14
Total:14

Dangit Dice roller!

Stealth check
1d20=10
10+9=19
Total:19

Last edited:

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
When Kage looked briefly around the corner, he could tell that the person fighting certainly wasn't Patch. By the way he was dressed, the bald man who was fighting clearly wasn't from YPNR. He also seemed to be enjoying himself.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
Destron held fast to their cover and waited for the signal... it felt as though half an age had gone by since her last dance with death... and yet -she would be ready...

Patch

Citizen
Patch's body involuntarily took a step toward the girl before she stopped herself. It was foolishness to want to comfort a scared child in her current state, and trying would only make things worse. So instead, she called out to the girl. "Child... I will not hurt you. You have been imprisoned by these people, but I will free you."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
After an involuntary doubletake, Kage took a few breaths as he arranged his thoughts. Speaking softly, Kages voice was relayed back to the others more clearly as be looked back at his illusion.

”Ok, the commotion around the corner is not quite what i expected. It isn’t Patch. Instead, it is some unknown bald man who is, by all appearanves, not only holding jis own against YPNR, but seemingly enjoying himself. I can’t tell whether he himself is magical, nor whether those he fights are trying to kill or recapture him. However, since this is on a line that will eventually lead us to Patch, i do wonder whether he has taken advantage of whatever she (and by extension Moscareina) is up to.

Regardless, i suggest we quell this combat and find out who this mystery man is. Follow me round and take down the YPNR guards as quickly as possible. Incapacitate, but do not kill. For now.”

Turning back to the corner, Kage ghosted around it and headed into the strange battle, Omegarsngs in hand.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
The little girl shook her head and tried to scoot even farther away from Patch. Meanwhile a voice from the depths of Patch's mind whispered, Why did you leave the woman alive? You want to bring your vengeance to these people and leaving one alive will make things harder farther down the line. She's already dying...you'd just be putting her out of her misery.

Willpower 11

Rounding the corner, the group was able to get an even better look at the fighter. He had a cybernetic eye and and a very tattered attire that seemed to be a cobbled together mish mash of combat fatigues and sports gear. Moreover, he was positively covered in weapons and gear. He was using some of it, seemingly at random, while fighting but also disarming the incoming YPNR guards and using their weapons against them. There was a section of wall that was open and seemed to have someone behind it because the man shouted, "Hurry it up! I'm not sure how much longer I can stay 'non lethal..." Though there wasn't a response, it could be seen that there was another wave of YPNR guards rushing from farther down the hallway.

Combat has technically started but Kage's stealth won't break until his first attack.

Patch

Citizen
Willpower check:
Roll(1d20)+2:
9,+2
Total:11

Patch twitched in frustration at the girl's response. "Why... why..." Her face began to change expressions rapidly, as she seemed to be fighting back an outburst. She turned haltingly back towards the other woman. She could see the aura of miasma around her hands as her clawed fingers curled in anticipation of reaching for the woman's throat. But something held her back from going any further.

Top Bottom