I really dont like Cyberverse

Shadewing

Citizen
I like Cyberverse, its not the greatest thing; but Even season 1 I enjoy. I LIKED how they did the radio speak here, and prefer it to making Bumblebee a minicon -=looks to Prime=-. I also like their takes on some of the characters like the sorta Jekyl and Hyde take on Grimlock (though that got phased out as the series continued) or their take on Arcee where she seems good balanced of 'modern girl' and 'action girl' when she's usually either Action girl extreme or feminine sterotypes. And we got pairings we'd not normally get like Arcee and Grimlock being thrill seeking best buds. I liked Telegram X and his interactions with Windblade (and loved they called back to that in the finale).

I LOVE that the series made Optimus Prime an actual character again and not just 'boring epic line spewer'. Like yeah, he's kinda that in Season 1, but that's becuase we are seeing him through Bumblebee's optics. Once we really get to him being in the show, we see sorta the other side of his character with his weaknesses and worries. We see that this Optimus while keeping all the ideals of the character over the generations, also is rather anixous and introverted, we see him overcoming his personal thoughs and feelings to be the leader without seeing his rise. Which kinda shows that everyone can have these kinda issues and hang-ups. Even the people we respect most can still be vulnerable and have things they need to constantly overcome. This possibly the most 'G1' Optimus has been since the Sunbow cartoon back before bullshit like 'Primes don't party' and only being rememebered for his now meme-ish dialouge in the 86 movie.

Cradok

Citizen
It definitely has its issues - the voice acting has been an issue across everything TF since 2016 or so - and it's a bit choppy, especially season 1, but I love it because it looks at the parts it has and tries to thing about what it can do differently with them.

Johnny Here!

Citizen
It's totally fair to like different things and not have all of our views line up. I don't think anyone begrudges you that -- but it's also why we don't have a "universal line" we draw to say "this is bad". (We can come to agree that there's a general air of meh about, say, the Netflix WFC stuff, but that has a good number of people who liked it and while I will likely not ever agree with them, I won't think less of them for "not getting it".)

Entirely out of curiosity, and totally honest question -- what would you characterize as "well-written" "fun"? Just so I see the benchmark. Like give me a moment, or a scene, or a dialogue exchange, or a plotline, whatever. It's something that comes up a lot, especially as a defense of things (this show isn't the best, but it's fun) and one thing we tend to gloss over is that not everyone will even find certain things "fun" through no fault of their own.
All those Disney XD shows aimed at kids I listed.

I liked Beast Boy and his interactions with the rest of the Teen Titans in their show.

That's one show that did silliness really well.

It's aimed at kids is another thing I don't like, because it was made by adults, and even kid shows have varying qualities of writing.

But yes, I get different different strokes for different folks

Last edited:

Johnny Here!

Citizen
I think Cyberverse benefits immensely from being released during this particular era of Transformers. A lot of us are getting damn sick of all these tryhard grimdark low-effort-nostalgia wank-fests, so a show willing to do something ridiculous like Space Steve Irwin the Alien Hunter is incredibly refreshing. It'd have been destroyed had it come out a decade ago when the baseline was Prime or Animated.

I mean I really enjoyed Cyberverse, but there's no way I'd ever include it with the "actually good" TF stuff.
I just want a happy medium.

Like Animated.

SG_Roadbuster

Citizen
i've never bought into the excuse of "it's for kids, it's allowed to be crap"
Batman the Animated series was good.
Xmen 94 was good
Gargoyles was good.
those were all made for children.
if something is bad, it's because the people making it were lazy, or cheaped out on production. children deserve better.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
"You, an adult, likely have different tastes compared to children and therefore may not enjoy shows that are targeting them."
"Oh, I see, you're saying it's fine for shows to not be to my objectively correct tastes, therefore being absolute garbage, if they're for kids because kids will watch any old crap."

Johnny Here!

Citizen
i've never bought into the excuse of "it's for kids, it's allowed to be crap"
Batman the Animated series was good.
Xmen 94 was good
Gargoyles was good.
those were all made for children.
if something is bad, it's because the people making it were lazy, or cheaped out on production. children deserve better.
Facts

As a kid, I hated being talked down to in shows

Top Bottom