Hyrule Town Square

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hopefully Nintendo will take all these grievances with weapon degradation into account with the sequel.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I just hope they do something about the rain mechanic. They do that, I'm pretty much good with just about anything else.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I just hope they do something about the rain mechanic. They do that, I'm pretty much good with just about anything else.
They'll give Link new suction cup items to wear on his hands and feet.

BitesizedJubilantIguana-max-1mb.gif

Glitch

Citizen
Loftwing, gimme a Loftwing. If not that, the ability to swim deep, there's got to be more on the lakebeds and Ocean floor.

Caldwin

Citizen
As harshly as I graded Majora's Mask, the Zora mask was probably the most fun I've ever had with water traversal in any game ever. I would go back to to MM for that alone. I would absolutely love for the mask mechanic to make a comeback...just without the three-day cycl.

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The mask mechanic was fun. Walking in another beings shoes to use their abilities to solve puzzles id something I hope nintendo does more of

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I never found the timer to be a big problem (at least, once I stumbled across the Inverted Song of Time). It was great seeing how the townspeople actually lived and moved around the world. It made Clock Town actually feel alive.

Just try not to think too hard about how the bank works.

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I never found the timer to be a big problem (at least, once I stumbled across the Inverted Song of Time). It was great seeing how the townspeople actually lived and moved around the world. It made Clock Town actually feel alive.

Just try not to think too hard about how the bank works.
The bank is weird with that system. How would your hand still have the stamp?

Sjogre

Citizen
As annoying as the weapon degradation was, it was a big part of the gameplay loop. Without the constant loss of weapons, the gameplay loop just isn't there.

That said, while I'm pretty sure that it'll be back in the sequel, I hope that it's dropped outside of BotW games. Also, it could use a proper condition display so the player can keep better track of how close they are to breaking.

I haven't actually played Majora's Mask, but I've had fun with transformation systems in other games, so I'd like to see something like that return.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Majora's Mask is definitely worth playing at least once. Even if you find it frustrating to the point of not wanting to do it ever again, it is worth the journey.

Caldwin

Citizen
Majora's Mask is definitely worth playing at least once. Even if you find it frustrating to the point of not wanting to do it ever again, it is worth the journey.
I can agree with that (odd as it sounds). I really loved playing through it. I had a blast going through it the first time. A lot of the mechanics were really fun. I just can't bring myself to go through it all again.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
So I was today years old when I learned that Odolwa isn't just yelling gibberish during the fight in Woodfall Temple, he's actually speaking Mayan.

"K'iinam tòok òol!" = Head will ache and burn.
"Tòokik taali!" = Come burn.
"A'alik beora!" = Dance now.

Caldwin

Citizen
I would love to check that out for myself. But who am I kidding? Just out of habit I'd use the Fierce Deity Mask and the fight would be over before anything happened.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
More on this and much more about the Woodfall Temple can be found in this video:

In fact, this guy did a whole series on every N64 Zelda temple (but just the ones labeled as temples). It's really quite fascinating:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
This is pretty interesting:

To me, Monster Maze is fast becoming one of the top tier Zeldatubers with really intelligent, quality content, right up there with Zeltik.

Top Bottom