House of M. Virion | depression and plush

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I just want to drop a little bit of Vi wisdom.

If you can't critically look at new information and evidence because you've allowed yourself to become beholden to a 'cause' then all you've done is taken on a new religion and dogma.

There is nothing admirable about ignorance, even when acknowledging your wrongness sees you 'allied' with people you despise.

Even fascists drink water, that doesn't make an anti-water stance a righteous one. This is a lesson far too many people need to learn, even ones that claim to be for social justice and societal good.

Shorter Vi: stop engaging in tribalism and actually research shit you gigantic goobers.

M. Virion

Citizen
Behold the frog orb, or Forb, if you will.

PXL_20220612_160427625.jpg

M. Virion

Citizen
Doc and I keep having the weirdest experience at our local targets of finding new stock WAY earlier than we should.

They found Bumblebee Arcee, and we've found 2 dart blasters that are so new there aren't any U.S. reviews of the blasters in question.

Heck on the one we found today they haven't even put the official product page up.

I mean it's COOL, but it also means I have no one to talk to about them.

Like this new one has a 14-dart cylinder. That's... That's such a WEIRD number.

I don't know if I've ever seen a nerf/nerf-equivalent with a 14 round capacity.

It usually jumps from 12 to 15, and then up to 18 or 20.

It's so weird.

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I would chalk it up to the Target folks not paying attention to the street dates, but it is odd that there's no product page.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Target only really cares about street dates when it's some major release that they could get in trouble over. Otherwise they'll flex out pretty much anything just to fill the shelves.

M. Virion

Citizen
I would chalk it up to the Target folks not paying attention to the street dates, but it is odd that there's no product page.

Yeah, like I understand something like Arcee or even early Nerf stock, but this XShot blaster being out before it's even on Zuru's product page is messing with my head.

I found 1 review, and it's not for the blaster I have but for one of their other in this subline. And that review even called out how weird it was to find it this early.

Anyway, in case anyone was curious about the blaster in question.

PXL_20220617_042351144~2.jpg

So XShot is apparently using a newer manufacturing technique that let's you directly print on the plastic and it's putting these out with multiple color schemes/styles under the subline of "Skins."

It's definitely an interesting approach to blaster design since a lot of people in the community complain about lacking paint apps and design due to budget costs.

M. Virion

Citizen
So I'm cripplingly depressed and borderline suicidal after having to cut my best friend out of my life because she was being increasingly toxic and abusive to me in her own state of depression and spiraling - and now I can't shake the feeling I'm a horrible person who doesn't deserve love, because I grew up with the expectation that I needed to accept any amount of pain and suffering onto my self, or I was being selfish and evil.

How are all of you?

But seriously, I'm trying very hard to stop crying long enough to go to sleep, and I dread what kind of dreams I'll have from this - but her texting me and telling me she didn't want to be friends, and then asserting when I called to try and find out what was going on that I had 'already cut her out/given up on her anyway' and hanging up on me not once but twice, and then when I pointed out I've been giving her space the last few weeks cause she 1 asked for it, and 2 has been heavily implying that I was bothering her if I called to try and interact with her, only for her to text after and tell me "You are bothering me." was the last straw after nearly a year of emotional abuse both in person and through social media and phone.

She needs help, and she clearly doesn't value my attempts to help her, and in the last 6 months I've become increasingly stressed, anxious and depressed because I've been having to deal with the fallout of her blowups on a near weekly, if not daily basis - and the days she doesn't spiral, I spend worrying that she's going to. So I have to finally prioritize myself. I have to stand up for myself, and as much as I care for her, and I very much do still, protect myself. She doesn't respect boundaries or feelings when she's depressed and spiraling, and I can't be her emotional punching bag anymore. It's abuse. I'm so ******* tired of the people in my life abusing me.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I'm so sorry. No one should have to put up with that. If she doesn't want to accept help or acknowledge your attempts and keeps pushing you away, what else can you do? It's really sad, but you should put yourself first if she's causing that much stress and aggravation. I'll be around if you need to talk/vent, hit me up in PMs if needed.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I understand the need to stick with someone in that position. She's sick and if you leave, it feels like you're abandoning her. Never mind the fact that she's the one pushing you away and rebuffing every attempt to help.

Simple fact is though, unless she wants to be helped, there's very little you can do. Maybe, hopefully, she'll come around to where she's more open to help and then you can be there for her.

Until then, though, you need to look after your own mental health. She's being abusive towards you, you have every right to get out of that situation. Staying there honestly doesn't help either of you.

Hope that wasn't too preachy. I just don't like the thought that you're feeling guilty about something you really needed to do. You did the right thing.

M. Virion

Citizen
Ok. These little ones are my jam. Might collect them, especially since a little testing reveals they're half-dart compatible right off the shelf, which is... A pretty big deal, tbh.

M. Virion

Citizen
Oh **** yes. The best Spider-Man cartoon is on Netflix. Time to add it to our watch rotation.

Top Bottom