House of M. Virion | depression and plush

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
100D8C67-0E98-4BA7-9E9D-BA8661F73745.jpeg

Arrived today. Game boxes for size comparison.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Caldwin

Citizen
Yeah, got it free with a Nintendo Power subscription. That's why I had to get that slime.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Got a small colorful Zebra and a medium purple lantern fish for the dog, but she doesn't seem to care for them much. TMM thinks she likes mine b/c they smell like me. Might have to test that out later.

20221213_130433.jpg
Spotted this teal-ish fluffy dragon recently. Why do they keep making ones I can't resist? 😅

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
Cool, cool, cool. I love when my comfort shows get prematurely cancelled on huge cliff hangers. Cool, cool, cool.

M. Virion

Citizen
Dead End: Paranormal Park

It's ending on a main character being dead/in limbo, cause Netflix hates me.

M. Virion

Citizen
9, but about half of those were simply trying to topple her to a better position so the stupid minion next to her wouldn't keep bumping the claw away.

I'm just glad it was on a crane that I know from past experience seems to be set to be skill based.

M. Virion

Citizen
Crane game that's skill based? That's a rare breed.

Eh, not really. It fully depends on how it's modes are set, and that usually depends on who owns and maintains it.

Like in my area, I know of only one crane that I've tried that I'd fully call unfair. It's claw tension is set very weak, and I have no idea if it's on a ramp up or countdown setting, and I'm not willing to spend enough money at a machine with weak claws to find out.

So at least in my state claw machines have to have a payout point, much like slot machines. A point where they wholly skill based. Some machines are always set that way, and some are set to go to skill mode after a certain number of continuous plays (ramp up) or after a certain amount of money has been reached in total regardless of if those plays are continuous or not (countdown).

Part of the 'game' is recognizing how a machine is set and playing around it. I'm actually pretty good at them, tbh.

Caldwin

Citizen
It was a while ago, back when I was in high school, but I used to work at an arcade and one of the game techs told me how the claw was programmed to be weak and only clamp down hard once every ten games. Ever since then I've had a really low opinion of crane games.

Don't get me wrong, if you enjoy it, and especially since you've got it to work in your favor, more power to you. I guess it's one of those "don't work in an industry you don't want to get jaded about" things.

In any case, congrats on the win.

M. Virion

Citizen
No, understandable. Like I'm not saying it's fair that a lot of claws aren't simply on a skill mode from the start, it's not.

I think for me it scratches 2 itches in that regard, 1 a bit of the gambling addiction I know I could be susceptible to, and 2 when you do recognize how a particular machine works and win in spite of that the feeling of having overcome a hurdle.

I won't throw money at a claw that clearly can't be won without sinking a ton of money into. I usually spend five or less at a time, this time I did10 in total because of what it was, and how much I know it would cost to just buy. I did get it for half of what she would have cost to just order it online at least.

Top Bottom