He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Pining for Adam? Huh? Sorry but I'm not seeing any romantic subplots really for anyone in this series yet. Adam is like Krass's brother if anything. They are adopted family. They just have different priorities at the moment that keeps them apart.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I love the wordplay, and I love the character, but I hate her "solve problems by running into them with your head" attitude and how it seems to be condoned so far (still only 2 eps in), before she even gets her powers.

This isn't the '80s anymore, and we know a lot more about concussions now, and I really don't think that's a great thing to be encouraging kids to do.
I never thought about that before, but that is a good point.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I kinda viewed it as metaphor for how she tended to directly deal with things. In which case she would have room to grow as a person and as a hero...

But then she wouldn't be ram ma'am anymore...

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Pining for Adam? Huh? Sorry but I'm not seeing any romantic subplots really for anyone in this series yet. Adam is like Krass's brother if anything. They are adopted family. They just have different priorities at the moment that keeps them apart.
She was all 'don't leave me, I mean, us' near the start, haha

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I love the wordplay, and I love the character, but I hate her "solve problems by running into them with your head" attitude and how it seems to be condoned so far (still only 2 eps in), before she even gets her powers.

This isn't the '80s anymore, and we know a lot more about concussions now, and I really don't think that's a great thing to be encouraging kids to do.
As opposed to tinkering with technology and machines that we don't understand (Man at Arms), using "occult" magic (Teela), or using physical violence against others (He-Man/everyone)?

Ram-Ma'am is more "Sonic spin dash" than "Juggernaut" to be honest.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
And quite frankly: the power is just underlinning her fundamental motion sickness problem.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As opposed to tinkering with technology and machines that we don't understand (Man at Arms), using "occult" magic (Teela), or using physical violence against others (He-Man/everyone)?

Ram-Ma'am is more "Sonic spin dash" than "Juggernaut" to be honest.
Like I said, I'm only two episodes in, and I'm quoting her exact words. If it was in a powered-up state, I wouldn't mind, but this is before she gets any of that, and I don't like the idea of kids seeing this and becoming the next Chris Benoit, to be quite blunt about it.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I went out hunting and managed to find Duncan, He-Man and Skeletor from the basic figures of the new CGI show, no sign of Trapjaw (I THINK he's supposed to be in wave one??) Still looking for the Snake Throne playset.

Did see the Motorcycles, but I have no interest in those since they're just worse repaints of the basic figures with an included vehicle.

My Skeletor's hips are WAY too loose, but the limited articulation means he can still at least stand well enough to display. Same level of articulation (roughly) as the original MOTU figures, shoulders, hips, head. They also have wrist swivel and so far have each had a snap action waist gimmick to strike with their weapons.

For $10 bucks a pop I actually really like these and plan on collecting them, at least to get the whole cast.

Maruten

Citizen
I hope they become more widely available online soon since they'll probably never come here.

But maybe I won't buy them from Amazon. Every day I see MOTU fans moaning about the way Amazon ships stuff and how beat up the cards are. I've never had a problem, but today my New Heads, Full Swords He-Man and Skeletor arrived. Skeletor looked like this.

NCj1IZZm.jpg

The dude and his various good are fine, but the bubble was entirely separated from the card and everything was floating around loose. I was pretty shocked that Amazon would just go "yeah, this is normal".

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
That's inexcusable! I don't (usually) keep things in box/on card. But I know a lot of people do. And even not caring if the card's a bit muffled, I'd still expect it to be in one piece! Who knows what might be missing/damaged!

Did they even offer to replace it?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I went out hunting and managed to find Duncan, He-Man and Skeletor from the basic figures of the new CGI show, no sign of Trapjaw (I THINK he's supposed to be in wave one??) Still looking for the Snake Throne playset.

Did see the Motorcycles, but I have no interest in those since they're just worse repaints of the basic figures with an included vehicle.

My Skeletor's hips are WAY too loose, but the limited articulation means he can still at least stand well enough to display. Same level of articulation (roughly) as the original MOTU figures, shoulders, hips, head. They also have wrist swivel and so far have each had a snap action waist gimmick to strike with their weapons.

For $10 bucks a pop I actually really like these and plan on collecting them, at least to get the whole cast.

I haven't seen the toys yet. I will have to keep an eye out.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Like I said, I'm only two episodes in, and I'm quoting her exact words. If it was in a powered-up state, I wouldn't mind, but this is before she gets any of that, and I don't like the idea of kids seeing this and becoming the next Chris Benoit, to be quite blunt about it.

I believe the things I mentioned all occurred in the first episode?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So we are taking our time, and we just got finished with episode 8. My girls really like this show, and I am really digging this series. I am looking forward to the two part finale.

Top Bottom