He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

CEEFAX

John Carpenter of Mars
Citizen
He's such a simple figure, but I really like him. I've enjoyed pairing him with the discounted MV Teela I just acquired, with their respective white- and black-heavy decos and amusing height difference - I think I might keep them as pals!

IMG_1490.jpg

-ZacWilliam, I've seen someone suggest that since there were like eight or more heroes and only one Villian, Pig-Head must be super powerful to stand up to them all...
He had subordinates in the single comic they made, though they weren't referenced elsewhere. My kingdom for an Origins Cube-Face!
Capture.JPG

https://www.reddit.com/r/MastersOfTheUniverse/comments/uu3r4o

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Sooooo...

Krass became one of the good guys in the next to last episode. Not a huge surprise, but nice to see. She also has a new form (along with the others). So I'm expecting new toys at some point. For the most part, I think it's Krass's character arc that was the most interesting this season. I truly wouldn't have been surprised if she'd stayed a bad guy. I'm glad she became a good guy again, but it really could have gone either way.

Skeletor is Keldor again? I'll admit, I didn't see that one coming. What I did see coming a mile away was the introduction of the Evil Horde. I wasn't sure if they were going to keep Skeletor around to work with/against the Horde or not. I mean, he isn't dead, just depowered. So there's still an opportunity there.

But I guess the biggest (non)surprise is that the Horde has made their presence known. So it looks like both MoTU series is going to be dealing with them next season.

Of course, therein lies a problem. They did end things with, not so much of a cliffhanger, because they really could end it here. But there's definitely a hook for the next season. But given the losses that streaming sites have been seeing in general, and the cuts that several companies have had to make in the past few months (mostly Disney, but I'm sure Netflix is feeling it too), I'm just hoping that there actually is a next season.

Here's hoping!

Caldwin

Citizen
Aaaah it's out?!?

Holy crap! I only just now got a notification about this and it's releasing IN TWO DAYS!!!!
Sooooo...

Krass became one of the good guys in the next to last episode. Not a huge surprise, but nice to see. She also has a new form (along with the others). So I'm expecting new toys at some point. For the most part, I think it's Krass's character arc that was the most interesting this season. I truly wouldn't have been surprised if she'd stayed a bad guy. I'm glad she became a good guy again, but it really could have gone either way.

Skeletor is Keldor again? I'll admit, I didn't see that one coming. What I did see coming a mile away was the introduction of the Evil Horde. I wasn't sure if they were going to keep Skeletor around to work with/against the Horde or not. I mean, he isn't dead, just depowered. So there's still an opportunity there.

But I guess the biggest (non)surprise is that the Horde has made their presence known. So it looks like both MoTU series is going to be dealing with them next season.

Of course, therein lies a problem. They did end things with, not so much of a cliffhanger, because they really could end it here. But there's definitely a hook for the next season. But given the losses that streaming sites have been seeing in general, and the cuts that several companies have had to make in the past few months (mostly Disney, but I'm sure Netflix is feeling it too), I'm just hoping that there actually is a next season.

Here's hoping!

Uhhhhhhh...42?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Finished it. It's really quite epic. Like, the fight scenes are really well done, c'mon.

Lotta back and forth with character stuff. I luuuuv that Webstor has been good as a background character. Weird how the snakemen are generics. Luuuuv that last surviving warrior psychic karate guy. Cool on Orko bots making lives for themselves. Who the hex is Justine?!? She's so cool!

If Ram Ma'am gets an evil name, the others should too. Man at Harms. Sore so so ress. Havoc Man. Cringe. Haha.

Not going to buy
them but the new vehicles are sliiiiick.

I kinda feel that binging them lessens the impact of coolness, since I forgot the cool stuff in favor of the next dose.

Caldwin

Citizen
I was off this week. So this was a good time for me to get some binging in. I saw the new Teela thing with the hawk (I hesitate to call it Zoar since I'm not sure that's even the name they gave it in this continuity). I was tempted to buy it, but honestly, it just doesn't even look as good as the Teela I already have.

Really, Krasses arc was the best thing about this whole season. Not putting the rest of it down, just that her arc was that good. This whole season was really great. Even binging the whole thing in one afternoon, I didn't feel any fatigue from it at all. It was just so much fun.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I liked the Easter eggs in the latest season, including the original voice actor of Skeletor for King Grayskull and original Orko and the scene where they get turned briefly into their "Kevin Smith" versions ("I feel a bit flat"). I grew a bit weary of the semi-4th wall-breaking "Let's joke together, even though we're enemies" sections, as it seemed too much. Merman looked a bit odd to me, as he appeared less "squat" than the other characters (almost like his design was meant to be in another He-Man show instead). Also, I get the impression, from all the still images used in the show, that the artists would much rather make the aesthetic more "realistic" and/or "mature" than the existing art style.

Deathy G1

Citizen
Beast Man has the Havok Staff. Skeletor can come back at anytime.

Shadewing

Citizen
I feel that's more likely to happen in the Kevin Smith version, but could also happen here as the two shows do seem to have some level of synergy seeing as both seem to be going to Hordak after having a fight with God-powered Skeletor.

Top Bottom