He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So what are they calling the line that my BC up there came from? I've heard some people calling it Animated...which seems weird to me because both of the Netflix series are animated.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
So what are they calling the line that my BC up there came from? I've heard some people calling it Animated...which seems weird to me because both of the Netflix series are animated.
I've mostly heard it called the CGI show. I get the use of Animated as a moniker though, as I was just thinking how much it feels a bit like TF: Animated.

Solid series that pays homage to the history of it's lineage while doing something new with the formula, designs and characters and got a lot of grief for it's exaggerated and weirdly proportioned art style.

Caldwin

Citizen
B86A6031-59EA-4015-8608-866A2964DCFB.jpeg

I can't tell you how many times I've walked past this and dec not to get it. Today I was just like...eff it. Let's just get it so it won't keep staring at me every time I go down the toy isle.

8558F472-74C9-41D7-805F-1D0BEA711C9A.jpeg

Obligatory dynamic picture

Maruten

Citizen
Yeah, hopefully good news. Seems like they'll probably be able to get the stupid thing off the ground finally. Nice to see that they dabbled with the franchise and then decided they wanted to turn the dial to Maximum MOTU.

Caldwin

Citizen
QXxVS2R.jpg

Here's my MotU haul for today. Target had a single Stridor, so I bought it and canceled my pre-order from BBTS. This is the one 'vehicle' I had as a kid that I've been really wanting to get.

I may not care for Revelation, but I do know what I find aesthetically pleasing. Kinda like I've never played World of Warcraft, but I absolutely love the Lady Vashj statue. So I got Andra.

yoibvaA.jpg

She doesn't stand well at all. But once I got a stand for her, I was able to get a pretty decent pose.

TxRmBJ8.jpg

4msD4Va.jpg

He's a lot more posable than the original. The original had absolutely no joints in the legs or head. I also don't remember the original having the Unicorn helmet or blast effects. Really glad to have this.
OeqLsEz.jpg

I have lukewarm feelings about Flying Fists He-Man. Thunderpunch was always my favorite. But if he looks good in person, I'll consider it. Definitely want that Terror Claws Skeletor.

Caldwin

Citizen
Sweet! I had Two-Bad as a kid (I bought a vintage one to replace it, but it's not the same).

I remember taking him along once while my father went golfing. I sat in the cart in the hot sun with Two-Bad while he played. Hot and boring, but that memory made him one of my favorite toys.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I gotta laugh since watching Geek Dad Life on YouTube it's one of their things that Leech is usually available from a MOTU seller at any time.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Other than battle armor Skeletor, the only enemy MOTU toys I had were TwoBad Spikor and Leech (Shera...I know...) so these guys hold a special place in my heart.

CEEFAX

John Carpenter of Mars
Citizen
I gotta laugh since watching Geek Dad Life on YouTube it's one of their things that Leech is usually available from a MOTU seller at any time.
That's exactly why I tried out the vintage stuff with Two-Bad and Leech over more expensive figures (The overarching reasons are the base colours and that I love the weirder monstrous dudes in MOTU). They're so plentiful on eBay that they were super cheap, even with their accessories included.

Also, a poster on another site told me I should stick Leech to my forehead because it's fun and, not gonna lie,
I did it and it IS pretty funny.

Last edited:

CEEFAX

John Carpenter of Mars
Citizen
Flat - is it weird that I prefer that one even though the seller had both? I'll still grab a roundback at some point though as I love the character.
Just grabbed a painted-back Tung Lashor - that was a variant that I knew I wanted. No accessories, but he was the most pristine Tung Lashor I'd seen in general (at least from the eBay pics), so I had to buy him. Will pick up a complete version of the more common variant, too, as it seems like they're widely available for about the same price I'd have to pay for just the accessories and, like Two Bad, I like him so much that I'm happy to have multiples... 😅

In other news, Origins/Masterverse hand compatibility is great fun!

IMG_9505.jpg

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Vi1hxAX.jpg

I've passed this by so many times just because I have no nostalgia for this character. But I kept coming across it and its one of the few I keep coming across that I haven't gotten, so for completions sake, I broke down and bought it. I still don't have any nostalgia for it, but it's a decent toy all in all.

NVIY5tK.jpg

Caldwin

Citizen
E608B566-8EB3-462C-9DBB-C9FC6D798F8A.jpeg

I used to have the vintage gray trooper as a kid. Oddly, this black trooper was posted as a Powercon 2021 exclusive and actually cost less than any of the gray version. Personally, I think red and black kicks ass. So I'm more than happy to get this instead of the gray version.

Top Bottom