He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I finished it! I really enjoyed it and the "ending" seems to allude to a possible "She-Ra" continuation?

Thats a possibility. Although they could definitely do the Horde without She-Ra if they wanted to IMO. Just focus on the Skeletor history there that we see hinted at here with the flashback to young Skelly in Horde costume.

Also him getting Technovirused makes me think of Cyborg New Adventures Skeletor.

-ZacWilliam, The Snake and it's colors in the Zoar vision made me wonder if they'd dig into King Hiss and the Snake-men next time

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Thats a possibility. Although they could definitely do the Horde without She-Ra if they wanted to IMO. Just focus on the Skeletor history there that we see hinted at here with the flashback to young Skelly in Horde costume.

Also him getting Technovirused makes me think of Cyborg New Adventures Skeletor.

-ZacWilliam, The Snake and it's colors in the Zoar vision made me wonder if they'd dig into King Hiss and the Snake-men next time
That's what I thought too.

Maruten

Citizen
Well.

I was not happy that so much of the second half of the show gave us an evil Lyn, but she came good in the end and I feel like ultimately this was as much her story as Teela's.

Speaking of whom, im still not thrilled with Teela as Sorceress. But at least she did it on her own terms. It all seemed a bit rushed though, she went from "nothing" to "confidently omnipotent" with startling speed.

I wasn't really fond of "any old schmuck holding the sword can power up", and three dudes running around doing it all at once was a bit much. Adam placed a ridiculous amount of trust in Skeletor. Like, come on man. He's still evil - unlike Lyn.

Loved Orko's new look, and that they did come back to his bond with Lyn.

Very happy with a bit of screentime and dialogue for Fisto, but not happy that he and Clampy were immediately killed off. Also REALLY Kevin? "I WILL FIST SKELETOR" ... really?

HILARIOUS that again we get virtually no actual He-Man.

On the whole I loved it, though I doubt I'll rewatch it as many times as I have the first half.

Turns out the Dark Horse book is virtually required reading, there's a LOT of stuff in the back half of the show that is expanded on there. I don't know if I've EVER seen a media tie-in that felt so undeniably Actual Canon.

Great to see a bit of action for many of Skeletor's minions, shame we didn't see more good guys.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Finished the last three eps.

I prefer the 2002 origin of how Evil-Lyn and Keldor met over this 'new' version. This just seemed like they wanted the push the downtrodden women theme more.

I would have been happier if the bad guy remained as Skeletor. Cuz the new motivation of annihilation didn't make sense.

Does Skeletor have a tongue? Ew ew, haha.

Where did the sash attack come from?

Didn't anyone care enough to find Beastman?

I knew the surprise reveal at the end. Neat.

Edit - wait, what comic?! Does it just fill in the gaps of the time skip?

Also, I know the sword guy was from the live action movie (I forgot his name) but who are Goat Man and Pig Boy?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Finished the last three eps.

I prefer the 2002 origin of how Evil-Lyn and Keldor met over this 'new' version. This just seemed like they wanted the push the downtrodden women theme more.

I would have been happier if the bad guy remained as Skeletor. Cuz the new motivation of annihilation didn't make sense.

Does Skeletor have a tongue? Ew ew, haha.

Where did the sash attack come from?

Didn't anyone care enough to find Beastman?

I knew the surprise reveal at the end. Neat.

Edit - wait, what comic?! Does it just fill in the gaps of the time skip?

Also, I know the sword guy was from the live action movie (I forgot his name) but who are Goat Man and Pig Boy?
Goat Man was on at least one episode of the original Filmation series (don't remember if it was more). He had a neat design and got a figure in the Classics line.

Pig Boy was in the live action film for like a shot or two. Was a child that won a contest to be in the MotU movie. Pig Boy was the costume / character he got to play.

Dvandom

Citizen
Power-up Evil-Lyn is hot in a JJBA sort of way. Also, she's co-protagonist with Teela, on a much darker personal arc...ultimately, Revelations is about two women hurt by their relationships with powerful men and forced to confront Things No Mortal Was Meant To Know.

---Dave

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Power-up Evil-Lyn is hot in a JJBA sort of way. Also, she's co-protagonist with Teela, on a much darker personal arc...ultimately, Revelations is about two women hurt by their relationships with powerful men and forced to confront Things No Mortal Was Meant To Know.

---Dave
That's interesting. I just read an article about how certain characters were physically/sexually portrayed (or, at least, the writer's views on it), including Evil-Lyn and Man-at-Arms:

-
"...(Evil-Lyn's) embrace of her new form feels much more meaningful than the usual ogling gaze of pinup fantasy, meant exclusively for straight men and teenage boys. There are scenes where her seductiveness takes center stage, but it’s a self-aware ploy, and her physical transformations feel almost on-par with He-Man’s, in terms of how chiseled and muscular the show allows her to be. She certainly goes beyond the most rigid standards of feminine beauty. When her outfits become more revealing, and more akin to ’80s metal album covers, they reveal physical might..."

(Source: - https://www.polygon.com/22797608/masters-of-the-universe-revelation-part-2-review-he-man-netflix )

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Next season, the plot gets MORE twisted!

51277588508_b3431d3ef8_c.jpg

With even MORE twists!

51707591239_ed56e716d3_o.jpg

With Eternia's hero nowhere to be found, as Skeletor deploys his ultimate weapon to keep He-Man from ever reaching the battle!

51707201473_4db3649370_c.jpg

And then everyone will twist, and shout, and...

Dvandom

Citizen
(Copying from a facebook post I made, so some of you may have seen this already.)

Teela, while hurt by those she loved, grew up knowing she was loved. Lyn grew up knowing she was just a resource to be used, never really knowing love in either direction. Even when rewarded, it was only to help her become a more useful resource.

Teela's relationship with Adam/He-Man may have been flawed due to the lie between them, but it was a flaw in a good thing. Lyn's relationship with Skeletor was at best satisfaction of mutual craving. Her first positive relationship was during the first part of the season, where at least everyone was honest about not trusting her, and they were starting to move towards friendship.

Each took their own pasts into views of the cosmos. Teela saw beauty hidden behind secrets and lies, and wanted to bring that beauty to everyone. Lyn saw chaos and pain and inchoate darkness, and felt that the highest good she could do with power is to burn it all down.

Both saw the world they were raised in as flawed, broken. The one who had known love fought to fix the flaws, even if she had to oppose those she loved to do it. The one who had not known love saw no solution save annihilation.

---Dave

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Evil-Lyn doesn't strike me as the self destructive type. Her taking power was more to show how superior she thinks she is. I could see her trying to rule in her own way (thinking she's doing a better job but, of course, she triggers something by mistake) but her deciding to end everything? I don't see it. She could punish people as revenge for pain she endured but she's a survivor and won't end herself too.

Btw, how did people know that Preternia was gone? Was it broadcast in the sky like a giant screen?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Yes. We literally see that happen, IIRC.

-ZacWilliam, Lyn changed when Skeletor showed her the Random Cosmic Chaos in Greyskull. Before that she was out for number 1 after that she was shook to the point of falling into Nihilism.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Turns out the Dark Horse book is virtually required reading, there's a LOT of stuff in the back half of the show that is expanded on there. I don't know if I've EVER seen a media tie-in that felt so undeniably Actual Canon.
Ah, thanks! I was just wondering about that after finishing the new episodes earlier.

Does it explain
where Evil-Lyn was at the end
?

Maruten

Citizen
No, it's all pre-show but there's a lot of stuff about Skeletor and the Horde, Lyn's early life and meeting him, the Orlax of Primeria who becomes Duncan's buddy in final episodes. Some hardcore stuff about Face Tattoo Teela and the other secrets her friends and family have been keeping from her - it was quite shocking. Poor woman's been through more than she knows.

Top Bottom