He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
You can find Origins Roboto on eBay. It's quite a bit more expensive than it would've been at retail. But given how long ago that wave was and how impossible it is to find on store shelves, your chances for a reasonable price may be gone.

Caldwin

Citizen
On the other hand.....

also

Last edited:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Crowdfunded Eternia playset is already at at least 50%. Im not getting one but it sure looks like anyone who wants one will soon be able to!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
On the other hand.....

also

Yeah, I heard the Origins one was getting a re-release, so I hoped to be able to get him at a reasonable price. Thing is, I don't know if he's being replenished at places like Walmart and Toys R Us, or if it's just online retailers like that. BBTS costs a fair bit more (and I shudder to imagine shipping), so I'd rather buy locally, if possible.

Problem is, I can't find any info on whether it is possible.

Caldwin

Citizen

I preordered this last night. I'm not sure how it's going to do the actual Thunderpunch feature. I have serious doubts about blast caps.

They also have King Hiss up for preorder, but that doesn't look as good to me. Instead of the snake bits being hidden by a disguise it looks like only the body is hidden while the arms and head are replaced. It just doesn't look as good as the vintage imo.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I think King Hiss physically looks WAY better than the original with its awkward scrawny snake-body. Now it doesn't look quite as fun because swapping parts isn't as fun as a full disguise, but I think the improved visual makes up for the lost play feature. For me at least.

Thunderpunch He-man absolutely will not have the caps or the punch feature IMO. They've shown everything he comes with. That glowing fist accessory IS the Thunderpunch for this version. That's it.

-ZacWilliam, I dont expect the action features in Origins so I'm generally not disappointed that they are usually left out. (Ok just a little disappointed in Kobra Kahn cause I love that mist.)

Caldwin

Citizen
-ZacWilliam, I dont expect the action features in Origins so I'm generally not disappointed that they are usually left out. (Ok just a little disappointed in Kobra Kahn cause I love that mist.)

I don't know about that. Mosquitor had the blood pump. Buzz saw Hordak had the buzz saw. Flying Fist He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor had their swinging action.

I wasn't really expecting caps. I mean, you can still get caps if you know where to look. So I wasn't totally writing them off. But I wasn't expecting them either.

I was kinda hoping for some kind of replacement though. I don't know, electronic sounds or some kind of percussive noise? It does have the backpack and it does seem vented. So I'm hoping for some kind of feature.

MrBlud

Citizen
Yeah, I heard the Origins one was getting a re-release, so I hoped to be able to get him at a reasonable price. Thing is, I don't know if he's being replenished at places like Walmart and Toys R Us, or if it's just online retailers like that. BBTS costs a fair bit more (and I shudder to imagine shipping), so I'd rather buy locally, if possible.

Problem is, I can't find any info on whether it is possible.

It says Origins Roboto qualifies for $4 flat rate shipping. Thus pushing his price to $23.99 shipped (plus taxes of course).

Given that’s what TF Deluxes run (a little less actually) that doesn’t seem like a bad price IMO.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I think King Hiss physically looks WAY better than the original with its awkward scrawny snake-body. Now it doesn't look quite as fun because swapping parts isn't as fun as a full disguise, but I think the improved visual makes up for the lost play feature. For me at least.

Are there 3P companies making add-on parts for MOTU figures? I would think there would be quite a market for accessories, vehicles, and extra, swappable body parts?

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I know there's still some origins toys at my local TRU, you want I should take a look for you next time I'm there?

If you would, please, that would be great! 😭

I wasn't really expecting caps. I mean, you can still get caps if you know where to look. So I wasn't totally writing them off. But I wasn't expecting them either.

I was kinda hoping for some kind of replacement though. I don't know, electronic sounds or some kind of percussive noise? It does have the backpack and it does seem vented. So I'm hoping for some kind of feature.

I'd have put a tight spring and a loud ratchet in the waist that could maybe funnel sound through the backpack somehow. I think it might be possible to add some metal for a sort of echoing reverb that might help the effect, too.

Thunder sound or not, though, that was one of my favorites as a kid. He-Man in orange (even a reddish-orange)? Yes, please!

Pity his sword isn't still that brilliant yellow, though.

It says Origins Roboto qualifies for $4 flat rate shipping. Thus pushing his price to $23.99 shipped (plus taxes of course).

Given that’s what TF Deluxes run (a little less actually) that doesn’t seem like a bad price IMO.
Does that count outside of the US? That's what always gets me.

The price I've seen the figures at is about $15 CAD here, which is cool, and maybe I could do $23.99 (about $33 CAD) as a one-off through gritted teeth, but you

Caldwin

Citizen
Can't I just have one payday where Target doesn't tempt me?

02DD3439-9146-4211-825D-C49E368C7ED9.jpeg

Found this beauty. I was going to wait and get it on Amazon, but Target was actually on point for once.

B99F7C81-932D-4ADB-89E0-CC6712BF3ED2.jpeg

I don't really get the reference forvthis alt head with a different tiara and blank eyes. Anyone?

62A85A7B-CA23-43D4-B063-0A9144BBE281.jpeg

I do like the longer cape and the pauldrons. I think I found my new definitive She-Ra.

56778315-07CC-4895-8CA4-6A38C435EDC7.jpeg

I also found Hordak. Too bad I didn't find Catra.

AB47B0D2-B66B-40FB-936A-CD1347810E15.jpeg

it has a gun hand with attachments. It makes it feel like a real missed opportunity to include some of the Hurricane Hordak attachments.

4AE9E2B7-FB36-4E03-B7F9-2BF901608BF2.jpeg

It's nice to have a Hordak with cartoon accurate colors, but I think I still prefer my Buzzsaw Hordaks.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Can't I just have one payday where Target doesn't tempt me?

View attachment 9962

Found this beauty. I was going to wait and get it on Amazon, but Target was actually on point for once.

View attachment 9963

I don't really get the reference forvthis alt head with a different tiara and blank eyes. Anyone?

View attachment 9964

I do like the longer cape and the pauldrons. I think I found my new definitive She-Ra.

View attachment 9965

I also found Hordak. Too bad I didn't find Catra.

View attachment 9966

it has a gun hand with attachments. It makes it feel like a real missed opportunity to include some of the Hurricane Hordak attachments.

View attachment 9967

It's nice to have a Hordak with cartoon accurate colors, but I think I still prefer my Buzzsaw Hordaks.
Didn't the original She-Ra toy feature a cut system where her helmet or tiara transformed into a helmet, or something?

If so, perhaps it's a homage to that?

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Exactly what Primal said it's from when the intention of She-Ra's head piece was to function as a mask. See the eye holes on the MotU Origins headpiece? It's still there too. But in play testing, the girls that played with the She-Ra toy would flip it so her face would show through and that's what became the standard.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I just looked at Toys R Us and Walmart's prices on Origins, and holy hell, did they jump up, or what?

When I got mine, they weren't on clearance or anything that I could see.

I may need to reevaluate my strategy... in the meantime, I got Wonko looking out for me, so...

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I ended up returning the She-ra and Hordak I bought. She-ra's face just looks too weird. The face sculpts of the humans in this line have not been great.

Caldwin

Citizen
Masterverse has not been my favorite line at all. I believe I said at one point that the proportions made me think of a normal MotU toy being put on a rack and stretched out.

But there have been a few here and there that interested me enough to get. Given the other She-Ra toys I have, MV is honestly the best one I personally have. The Hordak...isn't great. I still prefer my Buzzsaw's. Still nice to have one in cartoon colors though.

Top Bottom