He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Saw the first 2 1/2 of the new Kids Motu (wish there was a better way to refer to it) before I had to head into work this morning. They remained really good.

I think this really might be the best skeletor ever anywhere. He's so damn fun. Especially in the first half the third episode.

-ZacWilliam, "I hate today."

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well so far we've got two non spoiled by previews or figures to look at within the season I've seen so far.

First off We have our version of TriClops..... Who is pretty much a probe droid thing that takes control of people by landing on their heads and brainwashing them.

Then there's Mosquitara. Toy listings been spoiled but pretty much a decently attractive woman with a Mosquitor's headpiece and insect wings. Seems to be an unaffiliated thief with a thirst for magic power.

Man E Faces was the entire Eternos Theater troupe of the previous King before he was let go for unknown reasons as of episode 6. He currently is the King of the Eternos underground and had a hand in raising Teela

Stratos is a cocky ass of a king and has a massive superiority complex

It seems Panthor is really going to be replaced by Painthor the motorcycle we've seen in the toyline

Webstor I believe is set to debut in the next episode going by the little black and white tease

And then there's Gary. He's the best!

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I adore Mo'squita-ra's design. Also wildly agree with this being the best Skeletor. He's fantastic.

I liked you better when you were dead, nephew.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Wait, the second season's out already? I'm definitely going to have to set aside some time for this soon.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Finished the season. It was great. Skeletor remains the best. It almost feels like Episode 7 would have been a more natural break for the story.

-ZacWilliam, 8 does have some pretty big cliffhangers though.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm at ep3. Thaaaaat was kinda too much. Would have been funny if it was just Skeletor.

Stratos has too much of a personality going on. (Though 2002 Stratos didn't get any). Interesting what he did at the end of the ep.

I thought Mosquita-Ra would have a kingdom too, aw.

Ep4. Gary sucks. Unless he gets turned into a Master or Warrior.

I like this interaction here. But she's always interesting. Gotta keep an eye out for her, like she did, haha

Oh yeah, am waiting for someone to make a joke about preferred pronouns. Like, did anyone bother to ask if it could have been the Sigil of Herr or Theyy? Kidding.

InShot_20220304_142811701.jpg

Deathy G1

Citizen
I just finished Season 2 of MOTU 21. This is definitely the best Skeletor we’ve ever had. I’ve been around for the MOTU franchise since the beginning and never has there been a better balance of menace and humor.

All in all, this show that many greeted with intense trepidation has turned out to be quite possibly the best animated incarnation the franchise has ever had.

One observation from the final 2 episodes:
The ghost of Skeletor refers to himself as well, “the ghost of Skeletor.” Traditionally, the character description on Scare Glow’s packaging reads “Evil Ghost of Skeletor,” even though he has never actually been used as such. Could this mean that in this continuity, Scare Glow is actually Skeletor? After all, Skeletor’s ghost is glowing green…

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Yes, this is easily the best version of Franchise for me and my Roomie. The majority of the characters are superior to their "G1" Counterparts, and this show is just CLEARLY having a lot of fun with all the characters, especially Skeletor in train and birthday episodes.

With how they seem to do things, I could totally see them calling Ghost Skeletor Scare Glow.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
So, how could they possibly have Tri-Klops be a character? They won't let him possess a corpse. Will he be a Neo Trollan, like one of the RK units with a bigger body? Trapjaw doesn't seem inclined to built new things anymore.

This is for toyetic purposes btw.

Again, what does RK mean?

Was the Orkening really Okro imposing his personality into multiple bodies? It's not like the neo Trollans each have a personality template based on a previously existing Trollan, reincarnating them the way Orko was. Unless it is?! Will they have gender?

MrBlud

Citizen
I also love how Man-E-Faces has vertical switching to further the contrast between him and Tri-Clops’ horizontal.

I wish someone would reinvent Transformers like this. Then I remember Animated was *exactly* that :(

Top Bottom