He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Found the Origins repack of He-man and Skeletor with classic heads and full power swords at Fred Meyer today. Comic it comes with is Sucker Punch with Fisto on the front.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
20211209_103620.jpg
20211209_103755.jpg

electricidad

Citizen
If you were thinking about grabbing some of the Masters of the Universe Revelation figures, Amazon has a few on sale today:
Evil Lynn, $11.99
Moss Man, $11.99
Skele-God, $15.99 (!)
Battle Cat, $27.99

I've already snapped these guys up, and they're solid. Battle Cat in particular is great.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Here's my Target haul for today.

94353C44-B919-4DA5-84A1-810929BA087D.jpeg

I've been waiting for the Sorceress for a while now. I'm glad I didn't have to go online for her. I have absolutely no nostalgia for Buzz-Off. But I was just so thrilled so see more Origins figures besides He-Man and Skeletor, the impulse was just too powerful.
D5A6F7FA-5AE7-4D3C-A40A-9C10FDE18FA0.jpeg

C573B0D3-F947-4F47-BC92-B0ADA2EF8754.jpeg

Side by side with the Sorceress that came with Castle Grayskull. Wasn't expecting anything drastically different aside from the color. But I did note that even the skin tone of Grayskull Sorceress is noticeably paler. Also the wing are more transparent.

Caldwin

Citizen
7rc41rr.jpg

Target haul for today. Yes, I have these figures individually...sort of. But these have battle damage (red paint to indicate scratches woo hoo) plus a Castle Grayskull type battle strip...and two gargoyles. So...yeah.

aiIEIXI.jpg

Pretty chrome! As you can see, chrome shiny. Chrome nicer than not chrome. Shiiiiiiiney!

Also, they did something to Battle Cats armor to make it more polished. It's not just the lighting in the picture. The original Battle Cat armor really is that more matted red.

Also they made the paint on the sword and shield brighter. Wish I'd showed have shown that. Don't be fooled by that sword on the right. It's only that shiny because I colored it with a metallic Prismacolor marker.

Last edited:

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm glad I have these but sometimes I wish I didn't have two of them. Like, the shiny one and the dull one.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I also got this on sale tonight even though I don't really go out of my way to buy Revalations

Attachments

• spikor.jpg
    spikor.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 66

Caldwin

Citizen
If I see a Revelations figure that looks nice, I'll get it. I have a Skeleton, Skelegod and Evil-Lyn. But most others I've seen so far just haven't grabbed me. Origins just seems to be my jam. I would say it's because of nostalgia...but then I'm also getting a bunch of characters I never had as a kid. So...*shrug*

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Same. I have almost every Origins figure in the line outside of the exclusives. I picked up Revelations Battle Cat, He-Man, Skeletor, Skelegod, Evil-Lyn and Faker but I wasn't really going to pursue it further because it feels like I'm just duplicating MotU stuff. Same reason I don't own any "Classics". I only really got into it with Origins and that's all I really need.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Got wave 3 from BBTS the other day. While the exclusive Scare Glow is my favorite of the line so far, I think the regular version is my least favorite of the wave. The other three are just that good and he's a lesser version of something I already have. Stinkor is huge, I'm guessing he uses Beast Man parts, but I haven't compared. Andra is awesome with her two heads and cape, wish she had some weapon other than her gauntlet. Fisto's sculpt is great. Metal fist is neat too.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Somebody posted a side by side of Man-at-Arms and Fisto in a cool pose and they looked *really* good.

Caldwin

Citizen
So what are the chances we'll get an Origins Thunderpunch He Man? Blast caps still seem to be readily available, so I'm guessing there shouldn't be a toy safety issue. I remember him being my absolute favorite version of He Man.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
It's definitely my most wanted He-variant. Over flying fists definitely. Thunderpunch was the later He-man I had as a kid. (I would also take New Aventures He-man)

-ZacWilliam, saw Mosquitor in a store this morning but had to pass because of how close Xmas is. :p

Caldwin

Citizen
I bought Sorceress and Buzz Off. I haven't seen Jitsu yet and Stratos is just too similar to the older version I already have.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I bought Sorceress and Buzz Off. I haven't seen Jitsu yet and Stratos is just too similar to the older version I already have.
Man my Target is sitting on multiple boxes of that wave last I saw a week or two ago . Couldn't believe how many they had on the shelves of the endcap and on the pegs

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Man my Target is sitting on multiple boxes of that wave last I saw a week or two ago . Couldn't believe how many they had on the shelves of the endcap and on the pegs

One near me is like that, too. Tons of Revelations figures, but not much else at all on the shelves.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So what are the chances we'll get an Origins Thunderpunch He Man? Blast caps still seem to be readily available, so I'm guessing there shouldn't be a toy safety issue. I remember him being my absolute favorite version of He Man.
Count me in on this.

Top Bottom