Hazbin Hotel & Helluva Boss

Kaon

Anyone else like these shows? I know Hazbin is still on the pilot after two years, but Helluva has the pilot and 6 episodes out now. Hazbin has a really good premise, but I am stuck on watching theory videos since there hasn't been much content released for it besides the "Addict" music video.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
As far as I'm aware Hazbin got picked up by one of the streaming services a while back, so that's why there's not been further episodes released, unlike the other.

Kaon

Oh cool! I was under the impression that Vivzie was just wanting to get season 1 of Helluva out of the way to explain some lore.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I finally gave in to the peer pressure and binged Helluva Boss. What a masterpiece.

This streaming deal better have a clause that any creative interference whatsoever is an instant dealbreaker.

Kaon

I finally gave in to the peer pressure and binged Helluva Boss. What a masterpiece.

This streaming deal better have a clause that any creative interference whatsoever is an instant dealbreaker.

A24 is the name of the streaming service that is going to be airing the show. I do not know much about it.

1632174288610.png

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Huh thought you needed to buy a TV for that. Weirdky on Apple not sure on roku. You need to subscribe to apple TV and then subscribe to a24 through them

Kaon

I mean, I am sure there will be special places where you will be able to stream it.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I liked Having more, but only saw the pilot and 1st ep for Helluva. Need to catch up on it soon.

Kaon

Helluva is really fun to watch and is good filler as I wait for more Hazbin.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
That's very much where I'm at. Hazbin has that Disney movie tightness of concept and HB is the kind of concept that results from creating the characters to fit an existing lore and that happens to exist in the same universe. Hazbin has a toothier satirical edge where HB has a bit of an Adult Swim vibe, Hazbin has the promise of really good musical numbers where HB mostly has some admittedly cool action animation. I'm enjoying HB and I'm all aflutter to see where the now developing plot goes, but it's the spinoff in this relationship and it's impossible to forget that fact.

They're both incredible in terms of animation, voice acting, etc., some of the best stuff out there. The fact that something like HB is running free on YouTube is nuts.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Loona.

The only thing stopping Moxxie and Millie from having the healthiest relationship on television is that this isn't on television.

That sad cereal bowl is just... I feel vaguely attacked on some level whenever I find this show relatable.

Stolas does not need a reservation.

I bet this club doesn't get much repeat business if they attack their guests like this.

Blitzo can't keep quiet. He's too protective of his work family.

The service in this club is terrible. They still haven't received their drinks.

Hey, Stolas saved your butt last episode. You two do have something special.

Finally we see Blitzo's home.

This got heavy.

Kaon

Yeah this was a really heavy episode. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for part 2.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Damn that musical number was some pyrotechnics I was not expecting. Like, 13 outta 10, I did not see that coming and it was just a solid classic villain song.

I was really starting to feel cringingly bad for Stolas, but Blitzo's not wrong in their last conversation that Stolas is also happily deluding himself. Damn though did Blitzo standing up for Millie and Moxie, naturally doing so in the worst possible way while exposing himself at having followed them, feel great though.

The only thing stopping Moxxie and Millie from having the healthiest relationship on television is that this isn't on television.
So damn wholesome throughout. It's just some genuinely good feels.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can't blame Stolas for deluding himself. "It's Hell and no one hugging cares" as we were told in the pilot. Hell is a world cut off from grace. Sometimes the characters look like they're living entirely functional lives but at their core they have a void they haven't figured out how to fill. They're trying, but they don't quite get what they're doing because they're missing a piece needed to make it work.

Except Moxxie and Millie who are inexplicably wholesome.

Top Bottom