HasLab Victory Saber

mx-01 archon

Citizen
It's no doubt that there's a difference in scale between the fanbases. But Galactus racked up near 30K orders, while Hasbro's targeting only 20K here, so *shrug* we'll see what happens.

Hasbro only seems to unveil the tiers if it seems like it's within reason to hit them (don't want dissatisfied customers who only moan about "what could have been"). They've probably got a better handle on how this is going than we do, with the international partners and TakaraTomy.

They should have done Clipper. She's a Victory character that doesn't have a toy and is completely doable out of Hyperdrive.

-ZacWilliam, New girl tf, new character toy, way better choice and you could still do her boyfriend Holi with her.

I'm sure they went with Fire because the toy is gang-molded to Holi. If they did Clipper, then they'd have to use the Blackjack mold for something as well.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Yeah, but, Galactus has half a century of history and loyal Marvel fans behind him. Even putting all that aside, Victory Saber's still very obscure by comparison.

Tier 3 is full of fanservice geared specifically towards fans of Victory, a show that's only really been popular in one specific country and was only a modest success at that. At least Victory Saber himself has the "cool super robot" look going for him that anyone can find appealing, but Holi and Fire aren't exactly fan favorites.
Obscure in the US, maybe, but certainly not in Japan and Asia. If total worldwide sales, in all territories, are being used, then Japan and Asia might help.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Still a better choice imo. This is a prestige project.

-ZacWilliam, use some imagination and make Blackjack into "Undercover Holi" or put Fire and Blackjack in some special pack together somewhere. (Or just recycle them.)

Darth_Prime

Citizen
In those paint schemes? I skipped all of the micromasters from Siege other than a few targetmasters I just recently picked up.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
In those paint schemes? I skipped all of the micromasters from Siege other than a few targetmasters I just recently picked up.

Not exactly the same, the fire truck is pretty similar, not sure about the police car but I expect similar, so its kind of like the Netflix repaints of some of the Siege/Earthrise figures, different shades of the colours!

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
Man, these latest pics have me closer than ever to pulling the trigger. What's sad is that it's mostly the green effects parts drawing me in; I'm such a mark. The shield does look great and the micromasters are boring but a fun bonus. The overall package here does look amazing!

NovaSaber

Citizen
Not exactly the same, the fire truck is pretty similar, not sure about the police car but I expect similar, so its kind of like the Netflix repaints of some of the Siege/Earthrise figures, different shades of the colours!
Like Netflix Deep Cover maybe. Compared to Stakeout, the white and black have mostly swapped places.
(But not exactly; Holi has an entirely different color layout from either Stakeout or Road Police.)

Blot

Citizen
Huh, I only just noticed now in pictures of Victory Saber that neither toy (or even that shield) have any of the spots to attach effect parts. I wonder if future toys are going to keep the effects to weapons only.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
To be fair I do like having less holes or blast zits all over my robots. I enjoy the effects parts overall but the have been mainly used for weapons fire or engine effects for me.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We're still not at Tier 1. There is no way they're announcing a fourth tier even if they extend the window.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Its almost at tier 1 but at the rate things are going, I don't think it will get Tier 2, just tier 1, but I'm not a physic or anything so anything possible! I expect if we don't get tier 3, they'll likely release the micro masters seperate maybe a selects release with some other micromasters repainted, we still have 7 days until the project backing closes, so the final push will be the next couple of days!

Top Bottom