HasLab Victory Saber

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Did anyone catch the PvP video where he showed how easily the panel covering Victory Leo's face scratches simply by transforming it? Any predictions on whether this is a pre-release flaw, a bad copy he obtained, or something we're all going to have to deal with?
I don't watch videos by people like them and the issue you've mentioned is one of the reasons why. Unless such people can prove that their review versions are genuine, "ready for market" samples (or at the very least, state they're not, whilst getting officially sourced information as to if any fixes will be in place for the final version/s), I would take any information from such people with a shovelful of salt rocks.

That's why I wait for legit YouTubers, who show the packaging and instructions in their reviews, to make my decisions.

The Phazer

Citizen
Also when was the last time Hasbro fixed a production issue before shipping the toy that showed up in an early review?

The only thing close I can think of is that some of the samples of Ironhide only had one gun, and I'm not sure anyone thought that made a material difference to him.

If anything they're more likely to introduce a new problems.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Also when was the last time Hasbro fixed a production issue before shipping the toy that showed up in an early review?

The only thing close I can think of is that some of the samples of Ironhide only had one gun, and I'm not sure anyone thought that made a material difference to him.

If anything they're more likely to introduce a new problems.

I remember that my Takara TFs, even ones these days, seem to have fixed issues and that later Hasbro releases of recent figures (like Legacy Galvatron) had fixes (such as their shoulders being swapped back the right way, etc). The pre-release reviews and/or photos seemed to paint Galvatron as some sort of gorilla-arm-proportioned, mishapen freak (and I was guilty in believing them).

The Phazer

Citizen
But ultimately... that is what Galvatron looked like. He looks a bit better from other angles and posed, but he is exactly as stocky as those early images showed, and the vast majority of shipped units had the misassembled shoulders exactly as shown.

If Hasbro fixes something on Victory Saber two thirds of the way through production that doesn't help me very much if my units not in the last 30% to be made.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
But ultimately... that is what Galvatron looked like. He looks a bit better from other angles and posed, but he is exactly as stocky as those early images showed, and the vast majority of shipped units had the misassembled shoulders exactly as shown.

If Hasbro fixes something on Victory Saber two thirds of the way through production that doesn't help me very much if my units not in the last 30% to be made.

I'm not sure about those shoulders. The Legacy version (the one without cr@pple damage) had fixed shoulders and so did the Takara versions (both iterations), which came out after the original did. Also, I remember the original photo depictions being much worse than the final product's proportions. I wouldn't say the final thing looked like a gorilla.

Regardless, I still think it's prudent to see a final retail version review before jumping to any conclusions about purchasing a figure (unless our minds have already been made up prior).

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Cratpple damage?

Edit: Also, Victory Saber is a haslab product. Everyone who's going to buy him, outside of ebayers, has already purchased him. :p

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Cratpple damage?

Edit: Also, Victory Saber is a haslab product. Everyone who's going to buy him, outside of ebayers, has already purchased him. :p

Literally, I suppose, but do you really need an by explanation of what that means? ;)

Yes, you're right though about VC. I suppose it doesn't matter about reviews at this stage for most people?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Hasbro Pulse is going to e-mail us when our respective orders ship, right?

I would say, yes, because I have bought stuff from their UK site and they send out the messages prior to dispatch, for example, yesterday, I had a notice saying Legacy Inferno had been dipatched for me and my collection is about to get a major upgrade (what they put in their E-mails), so I'll get a notice from a delivery company saying its on its way with a tracking number, as Hasbro Pulse UK uses Yodel more offen or not, besides, they treat the crowd funder as any other order and its listed with past orders! Hopefully soon we'll get the disptch notices and there be trucks having a lot of voices yelling "Lets Say GO!!!"

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
My Victory Sabers are on their way, with all being well, should arrive Thursday and they provided dispatch notice and tracking

Echowarrior

Citizen
No shipping notification for my Victory Saber, alas. Here's hoping whatever shipping service is used knows what it's doing.

Had a few too many issues with the USPS of late. Would rather not experience it with something this important.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
still no movement on mine. No change in status. App shows 'processing' while the website shows nothing.

The Phazer

Citizen
Most of them are arriving in the UK today.

The Facebook groups are lighting up with QC issues. Oh dear. Missing brainmasters, scratches and badly applied chrome, very lose joints, ears not able to support their own weight etc etc.

Kup

Citizen
Can you take some screen grabs? I checked Reddit and didn’t see any. Does not inspire confidence for future Haslab projects for me (skipping Deathsaurus to begin with).

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Did you check all of your account settings? Make sure the correct email is listed? And make sure your order did process?

Order is paid for, but unfulfilled.

And I've used this Hasbro Pulse account to buy other stuff too, as recently as when Crasher hit about a month ago. Nothing has changed since then. Same shipping address, same e-mail I've used for the last nearly 20 years. Nothing in my spam folder either.

Top Bottom