HasLab Victory Saber

mx-01 archon

Citizen
As I understand it, it's something that he essentially deus ex machinas out of his ass to withstand a barrage of cannon fire, and then pretty much immediately discards thereafter.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I've never gotten around to watching the whole series, but I've read he only uses it in the last episode. A quick scan through that one shows he does indeed use it for a bit.

I have seen the whole series but its been a while since I last seen it, I guess I need to rewatch it, as I have a copy of the series on DVD along with the other two G1 anime TF series!

Dake

Citizen
As I understand it, it's something that he essentially deus ex machinas out of his ass to withstand a barrage of cannon fire, and then pretty much immediately discards thereafter.

Well that's pretty much par for the course in Transformers at least!

Painted prototype from the Hasbro Pulse Facebook page. That sword looks more like a dagger.

It's how he uses it?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Painted prototype from the Hasbro Pulse Facebook page. That sword looks more like a dagger.

sorry, didn’t realize with the new settings by linking it the whole thing was gonna get pasted in.

Nice! I am glad that he got funded early this time, but I am going to pass on him. I just don't have the space nor the extra cash for him, and to be honest, I am not that well versed or big fan of the character. However, I am glad that it is funded.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Star Saber literally pulls the shield out of subspace thin air.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Maybe the next tier is a full length blade.

If they don't, I expect a third party will do that, the MP Star Saber his big robot mode blade was rather short, thou a third party resolved that issue for me!

One pic I would like to see is Victory Leo in his shoes form, I'm curious to how he connects onto Star Saber's feet, or better yet, them showing images of how he actually transforms, I do want to see how the folding goes and how its meant to stay connected, with the third party MP Victory Leo, they used a very small pin connection and on one side of mine, it broke, its fine for display but lifting him up, you get a half a foot that drops down, which is another reason to why I am intersted in this verison of the character

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This does have the advantage that both bots were designed together, and Takara has more than enough experience with super mode boots. The combination should be solid.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
Looking at the fold-out bits on the insides of Victory Leo's legs, you've got that square-shaped brace that hooks over Victory Saber's toes, and then the U-shaped bracket that probably clips onto something on the bottom of his feet.

The Phazer

Citizen
12,246 and just over 9 and a bit days to go. Tier 1 is in sight!

I would also assume that it's a similar situation to previous Haslabs and the Takara orders, or the Zavvi orders in Europe excluding the UK haven't been added yet. It's almost certainly over Tier 1 already.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I didn't expect the Micromasters side of things but the shield, its a case of whatever to me, as long the first stretch goal is met, I'm happy but at the mo, I don't think the third tier be met, but I could be wrong, thou so far, they haven't met the first stretch goal

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Putting two micromasters behind a $180 pricetag. Diabolical. Totally won't work either.

Please ignore when I spent $160 on Omega Supreme so I could get countdown.
Man, I had Omega in my cart FOREVER for Countdown...I just couldn't justify the price mostly for a Micromaster.

At least this time, I get a near commander and near Leader figures with the Micromasters :p

MrBlud

Citizen
I feel like we’re going to get all the tiers even if Hasbro has to “goose” the numbers a bit.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
Man, can we really make another 7652 orders in just nine days?

Galactus did more than that in, like, three.

Blew through three whole tiers in its last weekend. Hasbro even unveiled a completely new tier in the end because it went so far over the "last" goal.

Crowdfund trajectories are rarely linear. Large dump at the beginning, giant rush at the end is quite frequently observed. Even moreso with HasLab, as final dumps of affiliate orders are tallied.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Galactus did more than that in, like, three.

Blew through three whole tiers in its last weekend. Hasbro even unveiled a completely new tier in the end because it went so far over the "last" goal.

Crowdfund trajectories are rarely linear. Large dump at the beginning, giant rush at the end is quite frequently observed. Even moreso with HasLab, as final dumps of affiliate orders are tallied.
Yeah, but, Galactus has half a century of history and loyal Marvel fans behind him. Even putting all that aside, Victory Saber's still very obscure by comparison.

Tier 3 is full of fanservice geared specifically towards fans of Victory, a show that's only really been popular in one specific country and was only a modest success at that. At least Victory Saber himself has the "cool super robot" look going for him that anyone can find appealing, but Holi and Fire aren't exactly fan favorites.

Top Bottom