HasLab Victory Saber

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can only imagine that these decisions get made by a manager who has never personally touched the internet in his life except to send an email across the office.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
I can only imagine that these decisions get made by a manager who has never personally touched the internet in his life except to send an email across the office.

The traditional Japanese business structure is very insular. They bully on in their own way and tend not to cowtow to international pressures, for better or worse.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Embedding the Tweet itself would have been more helpful that just screenshotting it (for those of us who'd want to share the source with others).
Yes, I know, but I don't use Twitter. I was given the screenshot by a Japanese friend. When I went to Takara Tomy Mall's Twitter page, it requires us to join Twitter as it's not a public account, or something.

I did the best that I could, under the circumstances.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Does that mean we shouldn't count on Japanese market to pitch in toward stretch goals? Or will the Mall sales just get plopped on to the final count at the end?

mx-01 archon

Citizen
Does that mean we shouldn't count on Japanese market to pitch in toward stretch goals? Or will the Mall sales just get plopped on to the final count at the end?

The Japanese orders will be added to the final total. Same way it worked for Unicron.

Everything gets lumped into the same pool, eventually.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Japanese pre-order page is now up at Takara Tomy Mall:

- https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g8202200211686/?mm210928tf

Screenshot_20210928-132047.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If we hit the stretch goals after the Japanese orders are added to the final total, we hit the stretch goals. Hasbro's not going to say "Nice try but we wanted you to do it without their help."

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That's not a bad price for Takara.
One of my fellow Japan-based chums wasn't happy. Be though Hasbro Asia was 24,000 yen or less, even with extra shipping costs, Hasbro Asia might be cheaper.

Anyway, my girlfriend just ordered me one with her card, but I'm going to pay her back this weekend.

Last edited:

Kaon

I have decided to not back StarSaber. Not because I have a problem with it, but I would rather spend money on the Golden Disk collection.

Notomus

Unofficial Pope of Devconism
Citizen
Well done lads, I'd be celebrating with you but I just had to pay $1600 for car maintenance earlier this month, causing me to cancel mine. Good shit none the less.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Don't feel bad if you can't, I both cancelled the Ark and can't do this right now between illnesses and having to have my entire house phone system replaced after a lightning strike, which turns out to be the equivalent of a Star Saber or two a month for a while. But I hope it turns out great and like with Unicron, I plan to stalk the pictures thread and live vicariously. Far as I know, that's still legal in most states.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Woo! Now here's hoping we reach the stretch goals!

If he hits the first goal, I think most fans will be happy, but getting the other two, well that be a proper bonus in my mind, thou I don't really care about the shield thing, he never had one in the anime as I recall!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm confident in that first stretch goal, but not the rest unless orders spike now that we know it's backed.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
If he hits the first goal, I think most fans will be happy, but getting the other two, well that be a proper bonus in my mind, thou I don't really care about the shield thing, he never had one in the anime as I recall!
I've never gotten around to watching the whole series, but I've read he only uses it in the last episode. A quick scan through that one shows he does indeed use it for a bit.

Attachments

• Star Saber Shield.jpg
    Star Saber Shield.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 66

Top Bottom