HasLab Victory Saber

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
A semi-celebrity who is there for no reason and talks about off topic stuff for a long boring amount of time feels more likely than either to me.

-ZacWilliam, it's something we've gotten before...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I really can't see a true dub of Victory ever happening at this point. At least, not without first dubbing its two predecessor series.

The only way I could see Victory getting dubbed by itself would be if it were to be given a Robots in Disguise 2001 style dub: A dub that treats the show as a completely standalone series part of its own unique reality that's fully unconnected to anything and everything that ever came before or after it, and which gives all of the characters totally different names from their Japanese ones (a mixture of familiar Hasbro names and some brand new ones), and even renaming Star Saber and Deathsaurus as "Optimus Prime" and "Megatron" respectively (or at least, renaming God Ginrai "Optimus Prime" if they really want to keep Star Saber's name, since I can't see them pushing any new Transformers show in this day and age without an Optimus showing up in it at all).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Just turned out to be a podcast Sabat hosted to ask Hasbro some questions about this toy since he'd never heard of Star Saber before and was curious when he found out it was from an anime.

BUT, they did reveal the first full-color renders of the toy.

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It must be said that as they said in the stream, those renders are using the older cad models, they are working on fixing some stuff from feedback

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish they'd keep us more in the loop on what they're fixing. I like what I'm seeing right now.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The V on both Star Saber's chest and Victory Leo's chest really shouldn't be so dark. It makes them look too brown when they ought to be bright golden yellow.

Paladin

Citizen
i guess that's Tier 3 spoiled then.

None of the other images have actually shown the shield.

Attachments

• VictorySaber Shield.png
    VictorySaber Shield.png
    449 KB · Views: 77

Darth_Prime

Citizen
And that’s what I hate about the tier system. Give me the gun. Give me the shield. Shouldn’t need a certain amount of backers just to get it. If it doesn’t reach the tiers or hasbro doesn’t just toss it in, then a 3P company is going to charge $50+ for it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Sabat was really hoping for the backers to reach "Over 9000" so he could scream it on camera. But sadly it didn't happen.

Dake

Citizen
I feel like the market for an English dub of Victory would be extremely small and basically relegated to a subset of Transformers fans who want to watch Victory but don't want to have to read subtitles tbh.

Not exactly something I could imagine selling that much, but hey stranger dubs have happened.

I’d be down for GOOD English dubs of Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory.

Exactly. I would vastly prefer good dubs over reading subtitles. I always have. I know that's not how "true fans" do it, but I don't care. I've always felt the point of watching something, be it animated or live-action is to watch it - not glance up from the bottom of the screen periodically. Yes, bad dubs are bad. So don't do bad dubs.

Of course, our last three animated TF shows had lousy voice acting in their native language, so I don't have a lot of faith they'd be able to accomplish anything better in dubbing other stuff.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
So the tiers are a stand, the big gun, the shield, and blast effects?
Hope we get all. I'm sure we will once the japanese market numbers are added.

So far it seems to be tracking well. I have no fears this won't be funded. Just a matter of what tier of extras we get.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
i guess that's Tier 3 spoiled then.

None of the other images have actually shown the shield.
Maybe. I certainly agree that this tells us that the shield has been designed. It's less clear that it's intended for Tier 3. They could add it on to Tier 2 (or Tier 1, or just the base figure, even). It's all about what they think is necessary to sell as many units as possible.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
And that’s what I hate about the tier system. Give me the gun. Give me the shield. Shouldn’t need a certain amount of backers just to get it. If it doesn’t reach the tiers or hasbro doesn’t just toss it in, then a 3P company is going to charge $50+ for it.
What do you suggest a Tier should be, then?

Top Bottom