HasLab Victory Saber

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Same here. Unless the third tier turns out to be something really worthwhile, I'll be content with just the first tier met.

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I thought the mistransformation was the victory leo legs do to the fact the prototype is fragile

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still haven't committed to buying one yet. I was back and forth on it since the character really doesn't mean anything to me. I am running out of time to make up my mind though.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
The thing I've been hoping to see, and haven't so far, is a size comparison of Victory Saber against another toy. Using Hound in the video reveal was nice, and Star Saber looks big (leader sized?) compared to Victory Leo.

I doubt they're Omega Supreme sized when combined, but maybe Jetfire?
I think they said he was Jetfire sized when combined. And I’m fine with that. Titan sized would be way to big IMO.

my only issue with it is give me all the guns and sword the G1 figure came with. Don’t make those available because enough people sign up.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
wow. a stand as an "expansion". thats what, $10 worth of plastic that could be thrown in at the base level. hasbros going all out for this one! im surprised it hasnt already been funded with that glorious reveal

Darth_Prime

Citizen
wow. a stand as an "expansion". thats what, $10 worth of plastic that could be thrown in at the base level. hasbros going all out for this one! im surprised it hasnt already been funded with that glorious reveal
And a cannon that should be included anyway. A stand makes me think there are stability issues.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
And a cannon that should be included anyway. A stand makes me think there are stability issues.

The stands seems to be for combined Jet/flying truck mode than robot mode, so far, all of the pictures show the prototype standing unaidded but then with the prototype we keep seeing, we don't see much of Victory Leo in robot or lion mode!

Dake

Citizen
I think they said he was Jetfire sized when combined.

This got posted a couple pages back. Once he has his Leo boots on, I think that's about right.

grIN9sK.png

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I started to see if I could make some comparo shots with other stuff based on the old scale charts out of the Complete Ark... and then I gave up.

The Victory scale chart isn't even in scale to itself (the first 10m line is taller than the 2nd 10m line)! But since I took the trouble to get a handful of toys down, here's the dumb picture I took.

jgMQCK5.jpg

In G1 scale, Prime was 6m tall. In the movie and Victory scale charts though he got embiggened to 10m. The Victory chart shows that Overlord clocks in a hair over 20m tall (so the toy is way too short - but different line, yada yada yada), and Victory Leo is taller still at roughly 23'ish m. (I threw in Galvatron and Cyclonus just for reference as based on the movie chart - toy Galvatron is a hair too tall and Cyclonus a hair too short using Prime as the standard).

Anyway, all this shows is that the Victory Leo toy should be the size of Jetfire at a minimum as Jetfire's roughly double Prime's height on the old chart, which means this Prime and Jetfire are more or less in scale with one another in bot mode (fun trivia: I hadn't noticed before, but the G1 scale chart shows a cartoon design of the Macross version of Jetfire not the Skyfire model actually used - I didn't know they'd actually done this). Of course absolutely none of this actually tells us anything about the toy's actual size compared to any of these figures.

Basically - this was all just a big waste of time. :D

The stands seems to be for combined Jet/flying truck mode than robot mode, so far, all of the pictures show the prototype standing unaidded but then with the prototype we keep seeing, we don't see much of Victory Leo in robot or lion mode!

A flight stand was a stretch goal for the Razor Crest too (though it was the 4th unlock and clearly a last minute addition). I agree it's not super exciting; there is obviously design, engineering and materials involved, but in this case it's hard to imagine it's 54,000 extra bucks' worth.

Last edited:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Today at 2pm EST Hasbro is running an interview with Christopher Sabat of Funimation (Vegeta, Piccolo, Roronoa Zoro, All Might). Header image uses japanese logo for Victory.

Potential announcement for Victory Dub?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I feel like the market for an English dub of Victory would be extremely small and basically relegated to a subset of Transformers fans who want to watch Victory but don't want to have to read subtitles tbh.

Not exactly something I could imagine selling that much, but hey stranger dubs have happened.

Top Bottom