HasLab Victory Saber

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Well, I didn't see this coming! A friend gave me a card for Christmas, and in it it had a picture of Victory Saber and the note that it was going to be Christmas, my birthday and next Christmas when it probably showed up. Seeing as that's about 4.5 ship modes, 5 robot modes, a beast mode, and the various accessories as well as a couple Micromasters, that sounds fair to me! Wow...I had noted in this thread that I wasn't able to do it because it hit in the mix of a huge mess of medical and house issues, so I didn't have any inkling that I'd be able to get one. You know aftermarket value will be crazy, so I hadn't planned to even try to get one after the fact.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Well, I didn't see this coming! A friend gave me a card for Christmas, and in it it had a picture of Victory Saber and the note that it was going to be Christmas, my birthday and next Christmas when it probably showed up. Seeing as that's about 4.5 ship modes, 5 robot modes, a beast mode, and the various accessories as well as a couple Micromasters, that sounds fair to me! Wow...I had noted in this thread that I wasn't able to do it because it hit in the mix of a huge mess of medical and house issues, so I didn't have any inkling that I'd be able to get one. You know aftermarket value will be crazy, so I hadn't planned to even try to get one after the fact.

That is a good friend you have there if they are willing to fork out a lot of money for a mate! (y)

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Welcome to the party pal!

I was prepping my G1 guys for an upcoming move and got this guy out. He’s essentially the showpiece of my collection. I’ve got the first version of Star Sabers box along with Victory Leo’s at my moms. It would be cool one day to get them all displayed together.
4E0C90AC-7738-4267-92AA-405CC1C52212.jpeg

Arazyr

Citizen
Seeing that art is the first time I realized that Star Saber's head is basically the same as Optimus' head, except red, and has longer "antennae" on the sides...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Yeah, pretty much. Not sure WHY I never made the connection before, but, *shrugs*

Likely because the alt modes aren't trucks, Optimus prime has nearly always been a truck thou a couple of times he has different alt modes all together, I know he been a shoe, a train, off the top of my head

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I think it was done as a good segway from the mainline G1, then having PMOP. Gave a familiar face for kids to recognize.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Seeing that art is the first time I realized that Star Saber's head is basically the same as Optimus' head, except red, and has longer "antennae" on the sides...
We've got ourselves a TF Cherry-Boi here, people!

Did you also know that his partner, Victory Lio, is a reformatted version of Ginrai, who was made from the transtector meant for Optimus Prime?

Or, that Rumble is blue?

Arazyr

Citizen
We've got ourselves a TF Cherry-Boi here, people!

Did you also know that his partner, Victory Lio, is a reformatted version of Ginrai, who was made from the transtector meant for Optimus Prime?

Or, that Rumble is blue?
Ha. Ha. Just because I didn't make ONE connection, doesn't mean I'm a noob. I am aware of Victory Leo's origin. I have watched the JG1 shows. (Most of them, at least.

As for Frumble, I came up with a poem for that some time ago:

"Toy Rumble is red
Cartoon Rumble is blue
Which of these is Correct
Depends on your point of view."

Last edited:

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Rumble is red
The cartoon is wrong
Frenzy's not purple
Stop singing this song

(Note: While I am a RIRFIBer, this really isn't intended to be an argument. Just having fun. Would it help if I made the text above blue?)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
(Note: While I am a RIRFIBer, this really isn't intended to be an argument. Just having fun. Would it help if I made the text above blue?)
Truth be told, mine was in playful jest too, and I likewise wondered if I ought to have included something like an emoji to convey that.

Top Bottom