HasLab Victory Saber

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I'd be totally down for a Deathsaurus.

I have a feeling Hasbro would have to stoop to Haslab to get that Needlenose made they keep trying suss out interest for.

Notomus

Unofficial Pope of Devconism
Citizen
Capture.PNG

Final backing number from Pulse appears to be 22,693!

Now for Hasbro Asia, Zavvi and Takara numbers to be added. My final bet is 31,250

Edit: literally as I hit send it jumped to 22,697. FML.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
The rumour mill had floated Deszarus as a mainline 2023 release, if Victory Saber was a success. Obviously subject to change this early out.

But just as Unicron served as a precursor to SS86, pretty sure Hasbro has some ideas for JG1 representation in the next few years (already Minerva is on the docket).

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Deathsaurus might have a shot at being general retail. He doesn't have as complex of a gimmick and if he isn't a consideration for commander class, they could alwas sell his other breast animal as a core class figure or something.

Notomus

Unofficial Pope of Devconism
Citizen
The rumour mill had floated Deszarus as a mainline 2023 release, if Victory Saber was a success. Obviously subject to change this early out.

But just as Unicron served as a precursor to SS86, pretty sure Hasbro has some ideas for JG1 representation in the next few years (already Minerva is on the docket).
Minerva, Nightbeat, Hosehead and Siren so far.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I keep refreshing the page and the number keeps changing back and forth between 22,701 and 22,700.

Blot

Citizen

Well, Victory Saber opened the door. If not for him, we'd never get a toy based on a Japanese G1 character updated.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
Well, Victory Saber opened the door. If not for him, we'd never get a toy based on a Japanese G1 character updated.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Minerva is already in the works, regardless of the success/fail of Victory Saber.

But for her, I think she's also riding on Hasbro's desire to give more representation to female Transformers characters.

Victory Saber certainly was gatekeeping a larger JG1 push, though.

unluckiness

Citizen
To be honest, I don't think it's just being from the Japanese G1 series that keeps HasTak from making the characters in the mainline. It was probably a factor but in addition to that, a lot of the JG1 characters had gimmicks that were kind of idiosyncratic and difficult to coordinate in the context of the mass retail game (Breastforce/Dinoking's six member combination, the Breastforce in general) when they weren't absolutely gargantuan leader-types who used entire other figures as accessories. The ones who don't fall in these categories seem to have been victims of circumstance, with TR being filled to the brim with 86 movie characters and triple changers for whatever reason and POTP being POTP.

And I guess sometimes there were absolute nobodies like the Micromasters or the Scramble City repaints.

Last edited:

mx-01 archon

Citizen
That's also certainly part of it. But they've also put in a lot of work over the last several years to smooth out many of those hang-ups as well.

The next couple of years are going to be interesting to see how they get by without trying to rehash 84/85/86 again for the majority of the release lineups.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
Deathsaurus is definitely who I want next; preferably not through Haslab. I initially wanted him to be part of this current set, but I'm glad they didn't go for that as the relative affordability, I'm sure, is what has helped make this so successful.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
Don't want to be a downer, and I purposely waited until the project ended until I brought this up, but does anyone think there is a possibility that supply chain issues could affect Victory Saber's production/ distribution in the next year? Don't really know much about the production side of things and hoping someone with a little insight might have some input.

unluckiness

Citizen
No, seriously, that's up to Hasbro/Takara to figure out. They proposed this product with the initial logistics probably already hammered out. Can something happen that messes up their capacity to deliver? I mean, anything's possible although those things probably happen in every toyline and get resolved without the news getting out because a) it's their job to set a deadline that accounts for possible hindrances and make that deadline regardless and b) it would adversely affect stakeholder confidence in future projects.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
No, seriously, that's up to Hasbro/Takara to figure out. They proposed this product with the initial logistics probably already hammered out. Can something happen that messes up their capacity to deliver? I mean, anything's possible although those things probably happen in every toyline and get resolved without the news getting out because a) it's their job to set a deadline that accounts for possible hindrances and make that deadline regardless and b) it would adversely affect stakeholder confidence in future projects.
Right...I get that. It just seems there's quite a bit of instability globally. Coming from the automotive industry, where unforeseen supply issues have happened and new, in-stock inventory has dwindled to sometimes low single-digit numbers and wait times on orders reaching up to two years now...It just had me concerned that if it can happen to a company like Honda...it can happen to anyone. I realize that we're talking different materials and circumstances, but thought I'd ask. Maybe I'll pull K.O. Victory Saber out of the trash and apologize until I have the HasLab version in hand. 🤣🤞

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Well without there being an actual delivery date in out there yet, they can’t really be “late” on getting it to us.

also, I got charged already. Somebody asked earlier when they were going too.

Top Bottom