HasLab Deathsaurus

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As far as the Vac Metal goes, I had a lot of problems with it on Ultra Jetstorm and Car Robots Gigatron, but my OTFCC Cyclonus has shown no signs of flaking over the years. I've been hoping they perfected the technique to help with the flaking issues.

Dake

Citizen
* Some sort of G1 gift set. I don't know what but I'm stretching for things that would justify a HasLab. Too many 84 bots for a gift set. Dinobots are out. Devastator is the obvious choice but doesn't excite me loads. I'm decently satisfied with the Titan and I'm not convinced they'd pull it off better even at Haslab level.

Why would Dinobots be out? KO makers have had the market cornered on Dinobots for decades and I could see a Haslab campaign to create all new tools for the G1 bots. They could even get around their "exclusivity" limitation if the Haslab version was a gift set of toy versions but then could release the molds down the road in animation/G2 colors.

Now that we know vac-metal is no longer off the table, that actually seems feasible.

I really have no interest in a Unicron-sized Primus or Devastator, and given the difficulty of selling the recent Star Wars playsets at retail, I'm not convinced a TF base/playset would do well at Haslab prices either.

MrBlud

Citizen
I'm gonna step outside the box for a moment and say it'll be a Matrix of Leadership in the style of their many Marvel, Star Wars, Power Rangers and Ghostbusters prop replica stuff. Because that's the only thing that's both iconic enough to represent the 40th anniversary and also hasn't also been on a shelf in some form in the last 5 years.

That’s…shockingly plausible.

A nice human sized Matrix with sound clips of Autobot leaders and “The Touch”?

Possibly capable of transforming into a robot of Primacron’s assistant?

That I could see needing the Haslab budget and having significant fan interest to fund.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
The next HasLab will be a life-sized, fully operational Volkswagen Beetle Bumblebee with a vac-metal paint job.

Dake

Citizen
That's why I specified G1. Maybe I should have said vintage, or retro or whatever, hence the need for new tooling.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Honestly, I wouldn't put too much stock in the "No Optimus' on Haslab."

If they think of an idea that'll work well on Haslab, they're going to do it rather than stick to an extremely arbitrary rule. Especially if they get pressure from above.
While this makes sense on paper, I daresay that ANY Optimus that looks like it would work well on Haslab, would look a million times MORE like it would work in retail.

THAT's why they keep saying "No Optimus' on Haslab."

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That's why I specified G1. Maybe I should have said vintage, or retro or whatever, hence the need for new tooling.
But ZacWilliam1 wasn't talking about Diaclone/Micro Change molds in the post you responded to.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
We’ve gotten an upgrade of almost every previous Optimus in existence. With the possible exception of Actionmaster Prime and he doesn’t seem like something you’d have the interest to Haslab.

They kind of have done the Action Master desgin, a retool of POTP Optimus prime Orion figure, that was apart of the Selects Star Convoy!

I know a lot of people are speculating Primus (AKA Cybertron) but what if, its really another attempt at the Ark but a play set instead of a robot to scale with the mainline figures and it folds up to look like the mountain that the Ark crashed into?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I've been less worried about the chrome since I got the Golden Lagoon Starscream and the Autobot three-pack a while back, and none of them show any problem at all.

I plan to put him with my other robot chicken. Oddly, neither have anything to do with stop-motion.

50142031282_cdde7a55d9_o.jpg

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Zac's suggestion of the Nemesis makes sense to me - it's got a pretty striking design I think.

We're at 3/5 of the Dinobots... maybe a two-pack of Snarl and Swoop, to do them right? I'm worried if there's a bit of a drop-off between Snarl and the others due to cost inflation, and Swoop may be a bit weird since he's winged and somewhat different design-wise. And they could maybe throw in all the swords.

Prop Matrix of Leadership is very plausible idea.

MrBlud

Citizen
Doing the Ark for $150 and then Nemesis for twice as much?

That would be a bit crap IMO.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Just looking at that picture, I see a weaponizer port in his mouth and I'm just thinking one could stick apart of a weaponizer or fossilizer into his mouth, so he can do what Grimlock wants to do in the 86 movie!!

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That is amazing! I love the port in his mouth so you can put in flame effects. Also, so incredibly cheesy that he can hold the blaster on his shoulder in dragon mode. Wonderful!

Top Bottom